Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rikard Peterson

Request for forum features

I forgot that there was a topic for this:

It would be cool if someone included a "img {max-width: Xpx}" (X being some integer) or something in the CSS for the forums. Example of post that's not looking so hot with my monitor. I know there are greasemonkey and user scripts (Firefox/Opera/Chrome) that fix this, but I think it would be better if it was fixed for everyone. I'm a bit worried that touching the css again it might cause it to break in new and unusual ways though.

Hey, Rikard. These forums are actually backed by Expression Engine, not a homebrew implementation. Right now we're running on EE 1.x. We will eventually upgrade to the 2.x series, which has more of the features you're requesting, but it probably won't be super soon. Right now we're just trying to make sure that all of our 80k backers are able to get into the forums and that our server doesn't melt as we start uploading content. Once we feel like we're at a stable place, we'll look at upgrading our forum software.

I just realized it had been more than a year since the mentioned forum upgrade and the situation is as bad now as it was then. Just wondering if there has been any progress towards an upgrade?

Not meant as criticism as I can totally understand if you prioritize other more important things.

Sign in to follow this