Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Untoldent

Adventure Game Characters in Real Life

I don't know about the VISUAL

but...

Robert Matthew Van Winkle, but call me Ice is as bad/dumb a name as Guybrush Threepwood

and Andrew Robert Dick is bad too.

Although, it could be worse, they could be Richard Dick.

For a Visual Try this!

Christian Slater is totally George Stobbart.

I had to think long and hard about whether or not the comparison to Vanilla Ice and/or Andy Dick as real-world Guybrushes ruined him forever.

I actually quite like the Zach Braff cast. He is appropriately lanky and laughable as a "mighty pirate". He even grows a somewhat questionable beard later in Scrubs to seem older and more mature, much like Guybrush attempted in MI2.

If that's a "real life" ant consider my pants soiled!

He was voiced by Woody Allen who the fisherman in Sam and Max Hit The Road was modeled after as well as the suicidal inventor in DOTT.

http://www.paklo.net/files/woody-allen.jpg

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/6484/ss04ms0.gif

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/1156/358770-997101284_00.gif

In Shadow of the Comet (great adventure game btw) there are many resemblances. My guess is that they took some Hollywood actors as models for their characters, so in that case it wouldn't be a mere coincidence, but I've never seen that fact officialy stated anywhere. If I have some time later I'll try to search and post some of them (or if anybody thought about it too and feels like doing it, feel free...).

He was voiced by Woody Allen who the fisherman in Sam and Max Hit The Road was modeled after as well as the suicidal inventor in DOTT.

Woody Allen did not voice the Woody Allen lookalike in Sam & Max Hit the Road, it was an impersonation by Nick Jameson (also the voice of Max) [source]

And Nick Jameson also voiced Dwayne the suicidal inventor in DOTT. [source]

If that's a "real life" ant consider my pants soiled!

Wait, DOUGLAS - Monkey Mania wasn't saying that Woody Allen voiced either of those adventure game characters. He was saying that Woody Allen voiced Z in Antz, and that the two characters were inspired by Woody allen.

Fact back-slapped!

15th-Feb-Slap-Day-Wallpapers-Images-Greetings-3.jpg

In Shadow of the Comet (great adventure game btw) there are many resemblances. My guess is that they took some Hollywood actors as models for their characters, so in that case it wouldn't be a mere coincidence, but I've never seen that fact officialy stated anywhere. If I have some time later I'll try to search and post some of them (or if anybody thought about it too and feels like doing it, feel free...).

Well, I think it's faster if I link this gallery: http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/call-of-cthulhu-shadow-of-the-comet/screenshots. Without thinking too much I can see Jack Nicholson, Melanie Griffith, Glenn Shadix, Vincent Price, and also the other faces look familiar to me, although right now I cannot link them to a name. When I was younger I used to think that the main character was modeled after Patrick Swayze, and the villain (Narackamous, as there are several bad guys) after Mel Gibson, although I'm not that sure now (especially about the former).

Woody Allen did not voice the Woody Allen lookalike in Sam & Max Hit the Road, it was an impersonation by Nick Jameson (also the voice of Max) [source]

And Nick Jameson also voiced Dwayne the suicidal inventor in DOTT. [source]

I love Nick Jameson, he's a versatile voice actor and his comic timing is perfect. I'd love to see him voice some characters in the new game.

Also one of the only actors I've ever heard do a dead-on Philadelphia accent (Tentacle guard in DoTT).

Wait, DOUGLAS - Monkey Mania wasn't saying that Woody Allen voiced either of those adventure game characters. He was saying that Woody Allen voiced Z in Antz, and that the two characters were inspired by Woody allen.

Oh sorry guess I misunderstood

Sign in to follow this