Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Xpgamer7

When will the news start pouring in?

Obiviously Tim and the Crew are doing brainstorming right now and probably were even before the end of the kickstarter thing. So my question is when will we start to get news? This forum is made to work on and for the game, so what we know will further it.

With that in mind my main questions are about the news. Will they be in live cameras? Just watching the people working? Brainstorm and problem meetings? Two Player uncut footage? News write ups? Thoughts in a word doc put up? What will it be posted as? And how will it be presented?

And then of course when?

I know that 2 Player Productions is working on a small documentary to release by the end of this month. Probably will mostly include the small party that took place 2 hours before the end of the Kickstarter, and small brainstorming after the final budget was released. Hopefully some footage of the posters and t-shirt in the hands of Tim Schafer.

Later down the road, I know there will be monthly videos released, in a condensed form to illustrate how game development is doing, and longer "un-cut" videos of brainstorm sessions and meetings.

I have a feeling it will pick up here pretty soon. But it's probably going to take a year or so to finish - so I'd get used to waiting for news if I were you. :)

I think the videos are going to be edited and episodic in nature. It's going to be more like a documentary of the process.

I think those three replies pretty much cover it, I'd only add that when I read the title it filtered through to my brain in the tune of "When the Saints Go Marching In", and that made me smile. As well as realise that I *really* need to get some sleep.

When someone successfully decodes the URL for the secret hidden flood-o-news page that's been encrypted into the supposedly casually-scribbled notes shown in the picture of the first page of Tim's new notebook in that thread he started recently!

...hey, ya never know...game companies have been hiding stuff in stranger places lately...

Oh there was news. It just got buried under a ton of topics and Tim deleted it out of righteous anger. And now you'll never know.

Oh there was news. It just got buried under a ton of topics and Tim deleted it out of righteous anger. And now you'll never know.

Screengrab of the header image before he took the news back down...

Update.jpg

Update.jpg.985dae96e6aa85e9b0d39689eb265

According to the KS page says that the estimated delivery of the game will be in October. With projections as they are, we can probably expect the full game in early November (and that's being generous). In the scope of full game development, that's actually not a whole lot of time (Roughly 7 Months). Expect news to come in relatively soon, probably on pre-production material.

According to the KS page says that the estimated delivery of the game will be in October. With projections as they are, we can probably expect the full game in early November (and that's being generous). In the scope of full game development, that's actually not a whole lot of time (Roughly 7 Months). Expect news to come in relatively soon, probably on pre-production material.

Tim's said since then that development is going to be more like a year now, I don't think the Kickstarter delivery estimates have been changed to reflect that though... I'm more than happy to wait as long as it takes though :)

Tim's said since then that development is going to be more like a year now, I don't think the Kickstarter delivery estimates have been changed to reflect that though... I'm more than happy to wait as long as it takes though :)

True. Hopefully they'll let us see the updated projections sometime soon. The 60$ reward tier says March 2013.

Plus, more time means more themed episodes from two player, more content and subjects covered. That I have zero problem with.

True. Hopefully they'll let us see the updated projections sometime soon. The 60$ reward tier says March 2013.

Plus, more time means more themed episodes from two player, more content and subjects covered. That I have zero problem with.

There'll probably be at least some mention of it in the first proper update; The $100 tier still say boxed special editions estimated for August 2012, and that's basically only four months away... As I said, Tim's mentioned a year as the new estimate, but I wouldn't imagine that even that timeframe is completely set in stone just yet.

There'll probably be at least some mention of it in the first proper update; The $100 tier still say boxed special editions estimated for August 2012, and that's basically only four months away... As I said, Tim's mentioned a year as the new estimate, but I wouldn't imagine that even that timeframe is completely set in stone just yet.

/agree

Like i said in my first post, November for the current projections was a generous guess. Now with a little over 8 times the asked budget, who knows what else they might try and put into this game.

The righteous anger developed from an inability to remember how to sticky. True story.

Sign in to follow this