Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Has anyone considered getting this game? It's supposed to be crazy stylized, has got really good reviews, and is like no other game on Wii.

It is from Suda 51 (minds behind Killer 7) and it looks damn good. DAMN BEING BROKE!

::reluctantly drags himself onto the dole::

Might pick it up when it comes out in the Uk, although for some bizzare reason the European version is censored and people bleed coins. As you do.

Edit: Also, still not due out til the end of Feb over here, which is always annoying :P

Holy crap, Chief. I honestly was just going to come make a thread about this game, but you already did it! I think we must be twins or something.

Ack, Killer 7. I haven't even played through the first level yet. (Must find more time!)

Indeed you must. You are certainly missing out, to say the least.

Hermit, any idea as to why the PAL version was censored? I know the German's have everything dumbed down due to their rating's team being unfeasibly strict about such things. So it may be that Suda did not want to have to deal with it at a later stage, thus, all Euopeans end up with the same version.

Yeah i plan on picking this up(Gamefly style) but i heard that they removed all the blood...and isnt that what made killer 7 good(Wouldn't know i never played it)

Holy crap, Chief. I honestly was just going to come make a thread about this game, but you already did it! I think we must be twins or something.

Ack, Killer 7. I haven't even played through the first level yet. (Must find more time!)

Indeed you must. You are certainly missing out, to say the least.

Hermit, any idea as to why the PAL version was censored? I know the German's have everything dumbed down due to their rating's team being unfeasibly strict about such things. So it may be that Suda did not want to have to deal with it at a later stage, thus, all Euopeans end up with the same version.

Did a bit more looking into it, and apparently the Japanese version is the same as this. Only the US release has added violence. Also, from this interview Suda says: " This game is action, so speed and timing are very important. When I played the Japanese version, I found the timing better when you shoot enemies and the coins come out. It's faster and the timing works better. So I prefer that version." It sounds as though adding in the violence might have changed how the game plays somewhat, which is odd.

Did a bit more looking into it, and apparently the Japanese version is the same as this. Only the US release has added violence. Also, from this interview Suda says: " This game is action, so speed and timing are very important. When I played the Japanese version, I found the timing better when you shoot enemies and the coins come out. It's faster and the timing works better. So I prefer that version." It sounds as though adding in the violence might have changed how the game plays somewhat, which is odd.

Ah, thanks for that. That does sound rather odd; perhaps he meant slowdown? Heh, though I am not entirely sure how lots of coins would speed things up. But if Suda thinks it works better-- then I am content with the change(pun intended).

I'll be missing out on this one too. It certainly looks interesting and seems way more accesible then this previous stuff. Hopefully it does well over here.

I intend to pick up this game as soon as I have enough money. Contact is one of my favorite games on the DS, and Killer7 seems amazing, though I haven't been able to get that either. Who knows, if my funds permit and luck is on my side, I might be able to pick both Killer7 and No More Heroes up at once.

I intend to pick up this game as soon as I have enough money. Contact is one of my favorite games on the DS, and Killer7 seems amazing, though I haven't been able to get that either. Who knows, if my funds permit and luck is on my side, I might be able to pick both Killer7 and No More Heroes up at once.

MAnaged to nab Contact a couple of days ago off of Amazon actually, been looking for a cope for a bit. Still haven't had and luck on Killer7 though :P

Hell ya! We love our blood, gushing out like water from a fountain.

Ew, gross! Gushing like a fountain? I'd totally trade that in for better gameplay.

seems way more accesible then this previous stuff.

A very good point. I only bought Killer 7 because it was recommended to me. If I had just seen it without that I probably wouldn't have picked it up.

Contact is one of my favorite games on the DS,

Perhaps you can tell us a little more about Contact. Pros/Cons? What made it special to you?

Indeed. The reason I'm still looking for a copy of Killer 7 is because I was unaware of it's awesomeness first time round. The GC version is hard to track down for a reasonable price.

Contact is a rather neat sounding action-RPG which was recommended to me by a friend. Basically you control a boy looking for the power cells which will allow you and the professor to power your ship and return home. It's supposed to have a great plot, plenty of sidequests, and a rather interesting Oblivion-style levelling system where using stuff makes you better at it. Track down some vids on Youtube if you're interested.

Interestingly there's also a Sticker system where adding stickers to your character boosts stats, not dissimmilar to the newly announced system in Brawl.

Not to mention Contact has a naked chef. And also the professor is priceless and always has something funny to say.

I would say that it is fun to play, the writing is funny and quirky, it has a lot of neat references (the instruction manual is in the style of a blog, especially a Livejournal), and just overall is a game I enjoyed. I tend to like weirder stuff, though.

I went to the store and found it had sold out of all its copies, so I picked up Killer7 instead. Hopefully I can snag No More Heroes after another shipment comes in.

My boyfriend got it yesterday ( and played it without me! ;-; ) and says it's fun, but he says it feels a bit unfinished because you can't run over pedestrians and when you run into a car (on your motorcycle) you just bounce back.

Well, also because of the buildings you can't go in or whatever look flat textured. He thinks they should have spent six more months polishing it up more.

My boyfriend got it yesterday ( and played it without me! ;-; ) and says it's fun, but he says it feels a bit unfinished because you can't run over pedestrians and when you run into a car (on your motorcycle) you just bounce back.

Well, also because of the buildings you can't go in or whatever look flat textured. He thinks they should have spent six more months polishing it up more.

Yeah, Overworld is kinda weak. But its really just a Hub for the rest of the game, which rocks.

That's beause it's a porta-potty of badass. All badass porta-potties flush, didn't you know, my good sir?

I just played this at my friend's house recently. I love some of the humor that was presented in the game and I watched my friend as he played the level and beat the boss of the 6th assassin. Then I got a turn playing around and started my own file. God, that is such a fun game.

Porta Potties are criminaly inder utilizied in today's games. The possibilities with porta potties are endless, and should be looked into by game developers in the future. And maybe somehow in the past as well.

Sign in to follow this