Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sgt_Stubby

What'Cha Been Playing?

im currently playing Fallout 2, for the first time i might add. and it's pretty sweet. got it of GOG...

I just finished Assassin's Creed 2 and I'm planning on starting Journey, a random PS game off of PSN or Planescape: Torment (just discovered GOG myself and missed it when it was released.)

Going back and forth between Kid Icarus Uprising and Dark Souls over here. Both very amazing games. Uprising in particular feels like the freshest experience I've had with a Nintendo game since... hell, I think Metroid Prime or Wind Waker.

im currently playing Fallout 2, for the first time i might add. and it's pretty sweet. got it of GOG...

Awesome game, I've been listening to the soundtrack (provided by gog.com) at work.

I've been playing Day of Defeat: Source, Monkey Island II Special Edition, Runaway: A road adventure, Civilization V, and my newly acquired classic Vectrex system, vector graphics are timeless :)

Been on a gaming binge since Christmas, when Steam ran that string of sales running up to the New Year.

Started with Far Cry 2, Hydrophobia: Prophecy, Mirror's Edge, then L.A. Noire, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and now Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Once that's done, I've got Batman: Arkham City and Homefront queued up.

Once those are done I'll probably pick up Stacking, but I'm an incurable 100%'er (as far as single player progress and achievements go anyway) so that may take me a while.

Deus Ex 3 because of the Steam sale. Nowhere near as impressed with it as I was with 1.

Also, Wasteland...for obvious reasons.

Deus Ex 3 because of the Steam sale. Nowhere near as impressed with it as I was with 1.

I was recently given an Apple II + and an original copy of wasteland!

da7cf9c6.jpg

Mass Effect 3 - clearly struggling with the abominable ending to the series, but I'm playing out my past romance options to see how they turn out. Then I'll probably play through Brutal Legend again (I do every 2 months), before going back to Skyrim!

AND I'll be playing a bit of kinect jedi with my sons on tuesday! ;D

I'm just approaching the end of Mass Effect 2 (yes, two ;-) ). Too much shooter and not enough RP for my taste, but still a good game ... as soon as you get rid of the horrible german synchronisation that is ...

Before that I played Alice: Madness Returns. A bit buggy and clunky in the handling, but awesome surreal levels :)

I was recently given an Apple II + and an original copy of wasteland!

da7cf9c6.jpg

Sir, you have absolutely no idea how jealous I feel right now.

I've bought 2 games in the last 7-8 years, and both of them pretty recently! Skyrim is the only new game that I've been playing regularly though. But sometimes I dig into my classic Heroes of Might and Magic series, or Wolfenstein 3D or the old DOOMs.

Smiles

Been skipping back and forth between Brutal Legend, Psychonauts, Full Throttle, and the TellTale Sam and Max Episodes.

Discworld Noir I've been hankering to replay it after seeing one of the designers at an adventure con, found it the other day for £2. Got a patch and it runs on Windows 7 woo!*

* Then it lost all my save data...so I guess back to the start and I will remember to backup my data.

Just got both the Trine games from the Steam sale, and they are awesome. Highly recommended to people who liked those 2d platformers from back in the 90s.

Just started Hollywood Monsters (the original version of Pendulo Studios The Next Big Thing) using a fan made English translation patch a free digital download from FX Juegos.

Also been playing Treasure Adventure Game (stuck at the same damn section though).

Still tackling the PC version of ALAN WAKE (got stuck at a point)

Oh and I'm playing through Law & Order: Legacies for the story (yes, they're games are easy, but the writing and voice acting impersonations are good.)

I stopped played Skyward Sword like 2/3rds of the way through because I just wasn't feeling it, I need to get back to it. It's not that it's bad or anything, but I don't know, the Zelda magic is gone. I'm running on nostalgia fumes when it comes to Zelda, and that just makes me sad. I also played Mario Picross for the Game Boy recently. And because of Tim Schafer's suggestion in another thread I played Windosill.

Last game I finished was Curse of Monkey Island, finally after I got it to work on my computer after a few years (of not trying ;P).

Right now I'm playing Psychonauts, bought it on Steam yesterday and I really like it so far :)

I somehow really wanted to play some of those Jump'n'run-games I always played on my PS2 again, so I randomly looked up psychonauts and it's exactly what I wanted. Plus it's made by double fine ;)

- Dota 2

- Gotham City Impostors

- Starcraft 2

- Alternativa

- Tribes

- TF2

- League of Legends

- DLC Quest

Haven't touched some of them in quite some time, but lately I rotate between those.

"Finish your B.S."

It's a game that gets progressively harder as you gain benefits like "Full Time Job" and "Own a House"...

Seriously, though... Starcraft 2 on Friday nights after work, and the occasional solitaire when lecture is really boring and I've read all of Reddit...

Just beat Day of the Tentacle again today for kicks, but otherwise I'm a regular on TF2.

My friends and I have embarrassingly competitive ladder tournaments in Puzzle Bobble 4, Windjammers, The Outfoxies, Super Mario War, Kings of the Beach, and the first Marvel vs. Capcom when the mood strikes us.

Here are some videos to make it interesting:

Puzzle Bobble 4:

sfnyfWZdOH4

Windjammers:

I5OSsVUyhe0

Outfoxies:

KrPU0CcF42A

Super Mario War (sorry about the music...):

EhAScaLutNk

Kings of the Beach:

OJW8TKt39mc

MvC:

zYRoyOsQv4c

We're also picking through Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, very fun game with four players!! Luckily one of us has a beefy enough computer to emulate it all.

Four Swords Adventure:

m8OqUjh-TzY

I'm also trying to get 100% completion on Rayman Origins, Super Meat Boy, and Stacking when I can find time.

My current rotation:

-Kid Icarus: Uprising

-Psychonauts

-Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call

-Team Fortress 2

-Metroid Fusion

-Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse

I've been playing Stranger's Wrath HD on the PS3. It's too bad Oddworld Inhabitants quit making games after Stranger, they had their own hilarious and unique style, just like DF.

Sign in to follow this