Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sgt_Stubby

What'Cha Been Playing?

A little Dott,

Twilight Princess - never played it, first time

those are the 2 big ones. Waiting to start Back to the Future. (got it for x-mas) yay!

Also thinking about Scarface on psp; I've had it on Ps2 and Wii.

My partner loaned me Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and that's been my main focus for the last few weeks. It plays like crap, but still better than I thought it would be.

I've been playing Stranger's Wrath HD on the PS3. It's too bad Oddworld Inhabitants quit making games after Stranger, they had their own hilarious and unique style, just like DF.

I've been meaning to pick up Strangers Wrath HD since it's initial release on the XBox. It really is an amazing game.

When I'm not playing Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, I've started work on Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition. I'd been waiting for the "Has All DLC" edition for a while now, and it reminds me quite a bit of my time with Fallout 3.

Well for the past few weeks I've been playing through every Half-Life game (expansions included) in order. I just got to HL2:E2. Other then that I've been playing this mod for HL1 called cry of fear, that thing is terrifying. I'm also playing through Deus Ex: GotY finally. Until last year my only computer was an 11 year old Dell so I could never play it before now.

Been playing a bunch of Lone Survivor and the beta version of A Virus Named Tom. Both are pretty fantastic.

i'm wasted, so on a whim i decided to dig out my SNES and pop in "Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage" a really good beat-em up one of the best on the SNES, and the only good game LJN published

I'm playing Final Fantasy V off of the PSN. I never played much of IV-VI, so I decided to give them a shot in a random order. I knew this one would be good when the bad guy was named X-Death and looked like a rejected Power Rangers villain. Pretty neat class system for an old game though.

I always have multiple games in progress at once, and play whatever I feel like (mostly determined by whatever mood I am in). Sometimes a game just temporarily doesn't appeal to me and I start another one until that bores me or I get stuck. I've recently acquired a few boxes of really old adventure games, but they'll have to wait until I've finished at least a couple of the current ones, which include:

Tales of the Abyss, Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle and Metropolis Crimes on my (3)DS; Katamari Forever, Eternal Sonata and Back to the Future on the PS3; Adam's Venture 3, A New Beginning and Da New Guys on the PC. I also have a PSP and an Xbox360 but haven't played on these in the past few weeks.

Arkham City is loads of fun, especially all the little touches. even having fun just exploring and enjoying the amount of setting material they crammed in. Even found Scarecrow's hidden base :)

- Deus Ex: Human Revolution - After a long break after getting angry at the first boss fight which breaks everything good about Deus Ex by forcing you into a fight

- Doom 2 - For the first time! (with GZDoom)

- Trine 2 - Coop is amazing fun

- Might and Magic III - I've beaten IV & V but was too young to beat III when it came out

- Geneforge 1 - Simplistic, but fun

- Hector: Badge of Carnage - wouldn't recommend for more than a couple bucks

Actually... there's a cheap and easy way to get rid of bosses. Just use the stun gun, and enjoy the rest of the plot :)

Actually... there's a cheap and easy way to get rid of bosses. Just use the stun gun, and enjoy the rest of the plot :)

I ended up temporarily lowering the difficulty from the hardest to the easiest setting just to dispose of Barret. Something which I never would have even considered in the original. I'll test out the stun gun on the next boss; I've heard they don't get any better.

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/09/02

No, they really don't. It'll work on all three of the mercenary bosses, as the stun gun just makes them stand there and twitch long enough for you to reload and shoot them again. The final boss has to be shot through, but it's not as broken as the mercenary bosses.

A Little Bit Of Minecraft, A Little Bit Of LA Noire, Some Battlefront II And Was On The Path Of Exile Stress Weekend. Hella Fun.

I've been playing Stranger's Wrath HD on the PS3. It's too bad Oddworld Inhabitants quit making games after Stranger, they had their own hilarious and unique style, just like DF.

I loved Stranger's Wrath on the Xbox! I've played the original Oddworld on the old PSX but I was too young to understand just what the hell I had to do! (Though the farts were funny) But after finishing Stranger's Wrath for the second time, I bought the old Oddworld games too :)

It's too bad indeed :(

Lately I've been playing the following games:

- Total War: Shogun 2 (even though I keep losing, I keep coming back to it :P)

- Tom Clancy's Splintercell (1, 2, 3, 4 but non of that Conviction crap!)

- The Witcher (1 and 2)

- Titan Quest (+ Immortal Throne)

- The Secret of Monkey Island

- Sam & Max 102: Situation: Comedy

- Super Meat Boy (still stuck on the final lvl!)

Yes sir, you are correct, I have too much free time on my hands :P

Super Mario Galazy 2, I just got my 120th star and about to see if I´m interested enough to get the other 120 green ones.

recently finished up Assassins Creed 2. waiting for brotherhood to go on sale on Steam.

Playin lots of Minecraft and Skyrim still

and raiding on WoW. Waiting for D3

- Witcher 2 - Best RPG-ish game I've played in a LONG time, and I'm going back a long ways too.

- LA Noire - I really liked this game; it's got a slow detective feel to it, reminding me of the earlier Police Quest games.

- Left 4 Dead 2 - I'm a regular on this one. Love the VS. mode...

- Stacking - Cute game, been playing it with my young daughter.

Currently I'm streaming games on Twitch.tv -

Current Games I'm working on or enjoy playing over and over:

Binding of Issac (PC)

Gunstar Heroes(Playing over and over...)

Thousand Arms(PS1)

EVO: Search for Eden(Beaten - SNES)

Legend of Zelda: Link to a Past(SNES)

Final Fantasy 6(PS1 version)

Grandia(PS1)

Super Punch Out(SNES)

And so on. :D

Newer stuff (All 360) - Non stream:

Soul Calibur 5

Street Fighter X Tekken

Resident Evil: Raccoon City

I'm playing Anachronox for the first time, a sci fi rpg by Tom Hall that came out about ten years ago, and I really love it. The writing is so good; everyone you talk to has something interesting and funny to say, the characters are really memorable, it feels a lot like an adventure game but with some basic rpg turn based combat. It's really a shame it didn't get a lot of attention when it came out, especially considering how popular Mass Effect is today (there are A LOT of parallels between the two).

Also playing lots of BRUTAL DOOM

http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/sempergames/10104325537/1/tumblr_lrdtswwlNF1qe02y5

(possibly nsfw for an offensive gesture)

I typically play flash games through Kongregate but I recently received an iPad from a relative for my birthday so lately I've been trying a variety of iOS games. The standouts for me have been...

- Nethack HD

- Waking Mars

- Mage Gauntlet

- Tiny Wings

- Sword and Sorcery EP

- Battleheart

I also have a huge DS backlog because I've been buying a ton of now-discounted DS games. But I recently finished Ghost Trick and loved the story even though some of the puzzles annoyed me.

im currently playing Fallout 2, for the first time i might add. and it's pretty sweet. got it of GOG...

Got Fallout 1 for free from there, and came to the harsh realization that it's approximately six times more difficult than 3.

The same with Morrowind compared to Oblivion and Skyrim. They just kept getting easier and easier.

The evidence is shown by me getting my ass handed to me by two crazy people hiding out in a Kwama mine...

... but I recently received an iPad from a relative for my birthday so lately I've been trying a variety of iOS games.

If you're trying out games indiscriminately then might I suggest an rpg to you?

It's called Zenonia. I myself have only played some of the first but hear that all the others (there are 4), except for the third, are wonderful.

Hmmm, well, let's see. There's City of Heroes mainly.

But I've been getting into Adventure games again recently, so "Machinarium", "Ben there, Dan that" and it's sequel "Time Gentlemen, Please", Broken Sword: Director's Cut, Sam and Max: Hit the Road (Great game), Teenagent, and I just recently downloaded Dragonsphere from gog.com.

Sign in to follow this