Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sgt_Stubby

What'Cha Been Playing?

If you're trying out games indiscriminately then might I suggest an rpg to you?

It's called Zenonia. I myself have only played some of the first but hear that all the others (there are 4), except for the third, are wonderful.

Sounds interesting. Thanks for the recommendation :).

Thanks for the recommendation :).

Glad to to be of assistance : )

Let me know what you think of it when you get around to it.

I just finished Assassin's Creed 2 and I'm planning on starting Journey, a random PS game off of PSN or Planescape: Torment (just discovered GOG myself and missed it when it was released.)

I played Journey on release day and it instantly became one of my all time favorite games.

Recently I've beat Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for the umpteenth time.

Before that I abandoned Xenogears around 50 hours in because of how bad disk two is.

Right now I'm playing Rayman: Origins (awesome platformer out on every platform!)

I've got El Shaddai, Bayonetta and Asura's Wrath on my backlog.

And I'm waiting like a cat in heat for Skull Girls to drop in the 10th!

Hey backers, I missed the boat when the mass effect series came out but picked up 1 and 2 off steam recently. Finished the first one last week and now i'm about 1/3 through 2 :) Absolutely loving them however i miss the more RPG elements of the first game.

Absolutely loving them however i miss the more RPG elements of the first game.

Same here :)

The last days I finally found time to play Wing Commander Saga http://wcsaga.com/ ... If you liked Wing Commander around 20 years ago you will love this (I think WC3 was my first "Tripple A" title).

It's a (free) fan made game, playing parallel to the story of Wing Commander 3. So far I thing there is more variation in the missions than in WC3. Also there are many hilarious dialogues between the wingman while you fly around. Be warned though, the game is pretty hard ... or I'm just bad (and / or old) ;-) ... also I'd advice to use a joystick, using the mouse I was not able to hit anything.

I just finished the Panumbra series and I decided that I've found my new favorite developer in Frictional games (I'm sick) so I started replaying Amnesia, this time with the commentary on. It compromises the atmosphere considerably, turning the game into a sightseeing tour, and on top of that it's a bit hard to follow due to their accents, so it doesn't really feel as much as playing the game, more like going through an interactive 'making of'.

I might continue playing that in short sessions but I also decided to continue my first time journey through the Tex Murphy games that I had stopped after finishing Under a Killing Moon some months ago. The new one that's going to be on kickstarter was a good incentive for me to get back to them so I finally started the Pandora Directive. Considerably better than UaKM in every aspect so far, which is good because I do think UaKM was either somewhat overrated or very badly aged (Mean Streets is still my favorite, I'm very sick).

I also play Dracula Path of the Dragon on my iPad in very short sessions as a little 'bedtime gaming' (a little bit of horror before going to sleep, I'm very, very sick). It's got good atmosphere though it's a lot simpler than I expected.

I have an strange urge to play mostly non-adventure games while I wait, perhaps I'll play some Sim City or Roller Coaster Tycoon---things without too much immersion. Ha.

Smiles

On the advice of a fellow gamer, I finally decided to purchase Blue Dragon. I've been wanting to play it since it was new, but didn't have access to a 360 up till now. Just gotta wait for Amazon to finish sending it to me.

Haven't been doing much adventure gaming these days. Playing mostly Anno 2070, Hack, Slash, Loot, Rayman Origins and Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning.

A little of each:

Diablo 3 Beta (can't wait for release!)

Team Fortress 2

Starcraft 2 custom maps

That's pretty much it. Been meaning to play some more Tribes: Ascend but just haven't gotten around to it.

Legend of Grimrock (http://www.grimrock.net/) is my current timesink. If you liked the old games of Eye of the Beholder, Lands of Lore, etc then this one will tickle you in places you forgot you had... :)

I also got the Humble Bundle so Machinarium, Botanicula and Samorost 2 are sprinkled in there too.

I've been playing through a few old Lucas Arts adventure games; I finished Day of the Tentacle and Full Throttle, and I'm working my way through Sam & Max Hit the Road. I've also been playing a healthy amount of Dota 2.

Finished Machinarium and started King's Bounty: Armored Princess ... which probably will keep me busy until Diablo 3 is released. Maybe I find time to look into Botanicula while in the train ...

Currently playing Botanicula, was playing Machinarium previously.

Recent games - TellTale SamNMax Devil's Playhouse, Stacking and replaying LSL 7 (hah!)

The main thing I've been doing recently is the Napolonic Wars DLC for Mount & Blade: Warband.

Now that I think about it, it might be fun to try to get a big 200 player battle going amongst the backers here. There's something oddly satisfying about being forced to fight with a wildly inaccurate weapon that can only be fired 4 times a minute.

Right now: Spelunky (Freeware), Legend of Grimrock (from Gog)

@Action Newbie: King’s Bounty: Armored Princess - Really a great game with lots and great side stories and an epic ending! :) I played it through with my right arm broken (last summer), within 6 weeks. Good to play with only one hand left ;)

Mega Man 4 - Never played this back in the day. Got the 'PSOne Books' version downloaded from PSN. Fun but hard, you can really see where they are trying to push the limits of the NES with this one.

mostly switching between Skyrim and Legend of Grimrock (getting out of LoG whenever i need something with fewer/no puzzles and more open space/"fresh air") ;-P

with a few mini-games on my android phone inbetween.

also tried out journey, but i'm not to shure about calling that one a game (at least not standart run-of-the-mill game) too unusual for that, but good nonetheless.

Lately my time's been consumed by Mass Effect, but Skyrim is threatening to suck me back into its clutches!

I've been wanting to replay Grim Fandango, but A) my copy of the game got destroyed a couple years ago, and B) I only have a mac these days, which makes it a little more difficult even if I could find a copy. I used to play it once a year, but now it's been way too long. :c

I'm one of those people who play about ten games at the same time, which is kind of a bother sometimes.

I just finished Yesterday (a bit short and quite easy, but I liked it) and I have recently started playing Legend of Grimrock, Grim Fandango and The Secret of Monkey Island. I'm almost through L. A. Noire and Deus Ex: Human Revolution and every now and then I try to get through few levels of Orcs Must Die. Also, my Steam tells me that I've reached 200 hours of Dungeon Defenders gameplay.

This is my current list and I'm trying to work my way through it before I start anything else, but Steam is making it harder for me since Bastion is currently on sale... And I have cravings for Gotham City Impostors, even though I'm terrible at FPS games.

Too many games! D:

I completed a Psychonauts playthrough a few weeks ago, completed Brutal Legend this past weekend, in the middle of Full Throttle as part of the DFA Game Club, and I've got Dear Esther waiting for me on my PC.

Sign in to follow this