Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sgt_Stubby

What'Cha Been Playing?

Also I just finished Episode 1 of the Walking Dead game. Highly recommended for adventure fans who watch the show. Anyone else play that?

I'm trying to play fewer games so that I can concentrate on my commission work, but I haven't been doing a very good job of that. Actively playing between Resident Evil Revelations, Mirror's Edge, Costume Quest, Tobe's Vertical Adventure, Psychonauts, L4D2, Sam and Max The Devil's Playhouse. I've got Yakuza 4 waiting for me as well, but I had to give it to someone to hang on to though because when I had that game I simply wasn't working at all.

I always have multiple games in progress at once, and play whatever I feel like (mostly determined by whatever mood I am in). Sometimes a game just temporarily doesn't appeal to me and I start another one until that bores me or I get stuck. I've recently acquired a few boxes of really old adventure games, but they'll have to wait until I've finished at least a couple of the current ones, which include:

Tales of the Abyss, Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle and Metropolis Crimes on my (3)DS; Katamari Forever, Eternal Sonata and Back to the Future on the PS3; Adam's Venture 3, A New Beginning and Da New Guys on the PC. I also have a PSP and an Xbox360 but haven't played on these in the past few weeks.

Been a busy month at work, finished Captain Morgane and Da New Guys but nothing else... Did buy Botanicula and played a few minutes of that. Really need to get some more spare time.

I just finished Stacking for PC and I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it yet.

Now I'm making my way through Psychonauts, the 100% completionist in me is having an absolute blast... So many things to collect!

Hack, Slash, Loot... is a amazing rougelike, it will make you scream at your computer but it's awesome

I've been replaying the entire Kyrandia series, and I've been enjoying it immensely. The first was a bit spartan, but not unusual for its age, and the third was cheesy and was at that awkward point when everything had to be raytraced. The second, however, had some of the most lush and engaging environments in any game of the era. Again, loving it. If anyone loves adventure and hasn't played it, give it a go.

I'm trying to beat Mirror's Edge (I'm at around 60% I think) and Botanicula before Diablo III takes over my life. Games that I play sometimes (much less these days) are Dota 2, TF2, SC2 and MTGO.

Last game I "beat" before starting Mirror's Edge was Mass Effect 3.

I’ve been creating test chambers with the Puzzle Maker for Portal 2, and hope to play all 68,000+ test chambers some day. By the time I’m done with all of those there will probably be a few billion MORE chambers to play! Perpetual testing must continue!

Katawa Shoujo has been chewing up my time lately. For those that don't know about it, it's a pretty sweet interactive novel with a bit more complexity than that. It's a project made by a group of guys that met on 4-chan, so it's a really interesting indie project. Also, just because they met on 4-chan doesn't mean it's as messed up as most of the stuff from there. I'd recommend people try it, especially considering it's a free download.

Discworld Noir I've been hankering to replay it after seeing one of the designers at an adventure con, found it the other day for £2. Got a patch and it runs on Windows 7 woo!*

* Then it lost all my save data...so I guess back to the start and I will remember to backup my data.

Ahh nice choice, I love Lewton!

I'm currently playing Black Mirror 3 (I've finished the first two in the past few weeks) whichis a really nice P&C serie, although a bit too easy.

Diablo 3

Botanicula

Duke Nukem Forever (not really good, but payed £3)

Amnesia (well... I have started it 6 mont ago, but I can't play too long every time, too scary to play in pitch dark with the headphones).

King's Bounty: Armored princess

And I've finished The Next Big Thing recently.

I’ve been creating test chambers with the Puzzle Maker for Portal 2

me too. it was on sale on steam for $6.79. i couldn't say no. its a blast making chambers but i hope they add more to it eventually...

I'm currently playing Error 37. It's not as epic as I thought it would be.

When not playing that, I'm playing a little of Diablo III (which is as epic as I thought it would be), finishing up Skyrim, and loving Disgaea on the PS Vita.

As I aquired a DS lately, I am currently blasting through its adventure game library, with wonderful games like Hotel Dusk, Ghost Trick and of course the Phoenix Wright series. :D

Earthlion, I'm also playing some Phoenix Wright at the moment, in fact I was just playing it while I waited for my dinner to cook! I used to own a couple of the games for DS but just ended up replacing them with the ones that are available for WiiWare. Our Wii is in the kitchen so it's pretty fun to play through a couple scenes while I wait for water to boil, Phoenix Wright is instant entertainment.

Lately I've been playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution and I just finished Portal 2, both of which are more action-oriented than many of the games I usually play. I haven't touched it for a month or so but I was really enjoying Gemini Rue, gotta get back into that one.

Just picked up Twisted Metal for the PS3. Making my way through the story mode slowly, while being mostly distracted by the excellent split screen multiplayer. Also, I started 'Ben there, Dan that'.

Metal Gearrrrrr! I had never played MGS2 before, and I got it in the HD collection.

Man, it is one silly game. Good, but crazy odd.

I've also been playing a bit of Kid Icarus Uprising, and some Minecraft with some friends.

And hey, great for the people picking up Phoenix Wright! It's one of my favorite games of all time.

Most mornings I start involve a cup of dark coffee in a plain white mug with a picture of Godot on it.

I was replaying the entire Serious Sam series. I finished, so now I've been playing absolutely nothing, as I eagerly anticipate THE CAVE

So how do I pass my time, you might ask? I've been reading, and listening to/playing music.

I've had LIMBO sitting around for a while, but just finished it up recently.

Smiles

Just finishing up the Tales of Monkey Island series. So much fun! Then I've got Walking Dead and Heroes of Might and Magic 6 lined up after that.

I've also just finished Limbo, Psychonaughts and Bastion.

I brought far too much in the Steam winter sale (Half of which my laptop actually can't play!).

FTL. Not much time to game right now but it has me hooked enough to keep returning..

I've been playing a lot of Dead Space recently, as I started off a Let's Play of it a while ago.

Lost interest and didn't touch it for just under a year, but I'm back on it now and actually enjoying it (although it's still not even a little bit scary).

Other than that I play a fair bit of Starcraft 2 and MOBAs when I'm not busy being a Dad.

Haven't been playing much. Last session I played was of Wild Blood on the Nexus 7. The good thing is that an updated fixed the terribly frustrating turret sections more tolerable, although I still got out of it with little health, and died a couple of times, each time forcing me to repeat the section. I hate save points.

Sign in to follow this