Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LEAFYGUYDS

Tim Schafer Fan Art

Hey there, everyone!

So I recently finished a drawing, and I thought I would share it with all of you guys and gals.

So, here it is: Tim Schafer and all of his games.

tim_schafer_by_leafyguyds-d4uba3z.jpg

Well, I hope you all like it, [del]and have a double fine day.[/del] NO, I'M NOT STARTING MY TIME ON THIS NICE FORUM WITH A CORNY PUN.

-LEAFYGUYDS

I like it, except a lot of these didn't come from Tim Schafer's mind. Manny Calavera will always be my favorite though. I'll never forget his immortal words: "I'm not picking that up."

LOVE IT! Ooh this makes me wondering what kinds of daemons I'll have to fight if I get into Tim's brain. And what would be the level design?

Here's a piece of Tim fan art that I made nine years ago, almost to the day.

tumblr_m6ckvrzXEm1r61ugko1_1280.jpg

I like the Nighthawks homage. Tex Murphy's pitch video also did a little nod to that painting.

... I want that painting. In fact, if someone can just give me that image in slightly higher resolution, I swear to Arceus that I will print it on canvas, frame it, and hang it on my dorm room wall.

Heh. Nine years ago that was the highest resolution of Nighthawks I could find. It shouldn't take too long to remake/rez up. I might get to it one of these days.

... I want that painting. In fact, if someone can just give me that image in slightly higher resolution, I swear to Arceus that I will print it on canvas, frame it, and hang it on my dorm room wall.

Heh. Nine years ago that was the highest resolution of Nighthawks I could find. It shouldn't take too long to remake/rez up. I might get to it one of these days.

Nine years? But Psychonauts was released only seven years ago o-o

I made it before the game was released. Psychonauts development took a good part of five years, I think.

I remember seeing that many years ago. Glad to have this chance to see it again, as well as meet the artist behind it. Excellent work!

That is truly an awesome rendition of Nighthawks, Hoatzin. I believe I shall make it my new desktop!

Coincidentally, I was just at the NY Met yesterday where I was explaining to a friend what Edward Hopper was famous from. I tried to explain that Nighthawks was really well known and that you'd know it if you saw it, but when I tried to describe it- it somehow didn't seem all that unique! Ah well.

Oh, and I love your comic, dude!

tumblr_m6ckvrzXEm1r61ugko1_1280.jpg

OMG I want that framed and on my wall... seriously I want a poster of that.. in a frame.... on my wall.

<3

Even Edward Hopper's isn't so sublime as that...

...I went with the previous poster's idea... and I have an awesome new desktop background. Love it. =-)

Every time I see this, I think of Tim Schafer...

Can't you just see him with a beard... eating money?

ce90a9b2.jpg

One legend looks like another legend... works for me. =-)

3a87ae0b.jpg

Suppose Rembrant ever wore plaid or played the drums?

Sign in to follow this