Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tamer

Games you're playing while waiting for DFA

I plan on picking up Gemini Rue tomorrow and possibly Bastion. I may have to look into Psychonauts as well.

Bastion was really good. It is not super innovative on the mechanic front, but its method of storytelling is great. I want to hire the narrator to follow me and just talk about stuff as I do it. His voice is awesome.

I've been playing the Dragon Age series for nearly two years now, I love them so much!

Also did some playthroughs of The Simpsons arcade game on PSN. And Katamari Forever.

Currently playing through Jak & Daxter 1 HD on the PS3 and thinking about finally starting Deus Ex: Human Revolution on the PC.

Baldur's Gate II. So much fun, now that I've figured out how to build a character that doesn't snap in half with a stiff breeze.

At the moment I'm playing through Mass Effect 2 again to get all my choices squeezed into Mass Effect 3.

Also:

Skyrim

Modern Warfare 3

Bastion

Hard Reset

L.A. Noire

The Witcher

As you can imagine I find it difficult to play any one for any decent amount of time...

Things I'm playing for the first time:

-Cave Story

Things I'm playing for the 135,509th time:

-Pokemon Red (Not Fire Red, just Red thank you)

-Homeworld

-MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries

-MechCommander Gold

At the moment I playing The Neverhood. An awesome claymation adventure game I only found out about recently. And I am playing some supreme commander 2 and TF2 on side. As well as some Mount and Blade. Am considering starting Dwarf Fortress again too...

Right now I'm mostly playing:

Just Cause 2 (PC)

inFAMOUS (PS3)

RAGE (PC)

The Darkness (PS3)

Lego Batman (PC)

LocoRoco 2 (PSP)

Also will be playing inFAMOUS 2 as soon as I get a copy and probably some Burnout and Tomb Raider here and there, as I'm always playing those series every so often.

Finished Psychonauts for the 3rd time this weekend. Got all the items, figments, and whatnot, but can't seem to finish the darn punching mini-game. Even with a controller !! ... So still no level 101 achievement for me :( Oh and I missed the first scene of the "Made man" achievement...

Not playing any games. Well, I touched Plants vs. Zombies on my phone recently, but that was for like a minute, didn't finish the level. Plus I still update MMO's and occasionally drop into EQ2 every week or two, bring up the store and check the sales (not that I'm going to buy anything).

I've just finished replaying Psychonauts, just as good as I remember.

Still playing through LA noire, but to be honest getting a bot bored. After the initial wow factor with the facial animations, I don't feel like anything I'm doing is actually affecting my path through the game.

Just started playing Anachronox again, after getting it on Gog.com. I'd really recommend it for fans of DF games. (just ignore the boring combat)

Finished playing Stacking, Costume Quest and Psychonauts. AMAZING! I donno where to go on from there. Back to TF2 and Dota 2 i guess...

Galcon on iPhone (night after night, since years. so simple, so sophisticated, the brilliant little pocket descendant of chess, poker and risk)

Machinarium on the Mac with my daughter.

League of Legends

Psychonauts

Trine 1 and 2

Battlefield 3

Also taking a look at Tribes Ascend

Replaying the Mass Effect series after finishing 3 for the first time, hoping that will segue gracefully into the Diablo 3 release. If Blizzard delay it for no reason again though I don't know what I'll do!

L.A. Noire.

I've also all episodes of Telltale's Back to the Future but after 1 hour on the 1st episode I know that I'll never finish it :(

Starcraft II on PC

Kid Icarus: Uprising on the Nintendo 3DS.

When Diablo III is released I will play that.

Whenever a new Zelda is released I'll play that. Chances are it'll come before the DFA is out.

Oh, and I like biscuits with added soft cheese. Makes my taste buds go "yum!" with delight.

the more I read on the forums the longer my list gets ;)

just started Stacking yesterday ( and like it) to get in to some Double Fine Games! (a copy of brütal legend is also lying around somewhere)

I think i'll have to start the longest journey because it seems to be a favourite vote and it got me interested...

and probably as much other adventure games as I can get my hands on!!

also just finished LIMBO- what a great game! Highly recommended!

other games I'll probably will be playin along side will be:

Half Life 2

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Gemini Rue

Edna Bricht Aus

Warhammer 40K Space Marine

Catherine

Portal 2

Batman Arkham City

other Space Quest parts (than 2)

and more and more adventures! (recommend some!)

I'm a bit short on time these days, but I'm actually slowly making my way through The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition.

I never played the original (I know.. for shame). I'm loving it though!

Then it'll be Diablo 3 on May 15 onwards until DFA comes out. :)

Although I'm definitely considering downloading Psychonauts and playing that through again for old times sake.

And maybe Beyond Good and Evil too (also downloadable on PSN).

It's looking to be a good year for games!

In the last week I have bought and completed both "yesterday" and "Captain motgane and the golden turtle".

Both games were extremely easy and "yesterday " was exceptionally so, as well as being extremely short.

The speech controls in captain morgane were really annoying as I had to click to hear the next line of dialogue.

If this is the way that modern point and click games are heading then I can't see myself buying much more of them.

I realise that I may think different to most modern gamers as I noticed that on the age poll that I am a good twenty odd years older than the average investor here.

I think I'm maybe the forum "grannie"

LOL.

i

Sign in to follow this