Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wanttoworkfordoublefine

Most money you've ever spent on a game? Ever....(besides this one)

The title of this thread is pretty much self explanatory. What is the most money you have spent on a single title ever? It could be a really awesome story, a really funny story, or even a truly sad one. I would like to say that mmo subscription fees don't count but if you feel that the story is a good enough one to tell, go right ahead.

Guitar Hero 5 for Xbox 360, Full package with 2 guitars, Drums and Microfone. Used it when I got it 2-3 weeks then it ended up in the corner and was only used 1 or 2 times after that when I had some friends over. Sold it after a year or so.

About 310$

A lot of money for a short pleasure

Over $500 on The Old Republic. I ended up getting three friends the CE. I'm the only one of my friends who still plays....

I usually don't spend exorbitant amounts on games, except for a very few special cases...probably the most I've spent on a game (other than this one) was a total of around $150 for the God Of War III Ultimate Edition plus the strategy guide. The Pandora's Box looks very nice on my mantle.

I'm typically very selective/frugal about spending money on games. Just can't afford to go tossing around $60 left and right with my income, but I'd buy more games more often if I could. To date, I think the most I have ever spent was on the original Guitar Hero. I bought a bundle of Guitar Hero 1, Guitar Hero 2, and toy guitar. I don't remember the final cost, since that was a very long time ago, but it was waaaay over $60, I know that much. But I was getting paid more then. =P

I had to bite the bullet and spend £50 on Discworld PS1 that game wasn't getting any cheaper, I've spent £100's on things like the Gears of War 3 Epic Edition as well.

Also Wasteland 2 got $1000 out of me but I don't consider that 'buying a game'.

I spent $80 on Earthworm Jim: Special Edition for the Sega CD. I still play it on occasion. Thinking about it, that's not really a lot compared to Rock Band or something, but those don't count in my book since the majority of the money is for the peripherals.

Rock Band series. ~$2400.

Rock Band 2 + all instruments bundle - $150?

Rock Band 3 + keyboard - $80-90

Rock Band 1 used - $10

Export codes for 1 and 2 - $20

Beatles: Rock Band - $60.

Ion drum kit with pintech cymbals and destroyer pedal - $600

948 DLC songs - Roughly $2 apiece, $1462 (not including imported from disc songs, discounts from buying packs, free songs, etc. etc.)

And I still buy songs week-to-week. I don't feel like the money's wasted at all. Most of the DLC I've bought I enjoy quite a bit.

compared to Rock Band or something, but those don't count in my book since the majority of the money is for the peripherals.

Haha, nope.

Yeah. Most likely Rock Band. Some Free To Play model games would be close, if they captured my attention better. (Firefall will make me poor).

Pretty sure this is the game I've spent the most on....

Smiles

$0. I pirate everything.

Only kidding, but I don't think I've ever paid anything outlandish for a game. I'm not really interested in special limited editions and such, so the most I've spent on a game would probably be a Bethesda game, with the DLC factored in. Didn't buy a horse armor though.

Most expensive is without a doubt my $400 investment on various dance pads and adapters. In the end I invested in a high quality Cobalt Flux metal pad and it was well worth it. Unfortunately I think they're out of business now, that's a shame.

Second most expensive was for Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition. Game + DLC + HitBox controller was about $225. That controller was well worth it though, I just hate joysticks on arcade pads.

So far for WoW i have paid for 6 years or something of game time. $180 a year that is, not to mention 2 trading card mounts i brought for it which were $100 each and the second account i have for raid farming, had that one for 2 years now at $180 a year also. Then theres the orignal game of $90 au when i brought it and the expacks at $60 each............

So its alot, i could work it out but then i would be vomiting for the next week

I generally wait for sales because I really balk at paying more than $30 for a game. Except for when it was Diablo II and Age of Empires III, which I bought full price. Of course, that was back in the day before I ventured onto Steam and saw that paying $60 for a game was fairly ludicrous when you can wait a year or two for it to get down to something more reasonable. Or go on GOG and get an older game for $5-$10.

Diablo 3 Collectors edition is 150$ or so, Double fine game comes in as a close secound at 110$.

Normally i dont care about Collectors edition, it has to be a very special game and or developer. Case and point :)

Also not an amount of money i can afford throwing at a game every odd both or so lol.

Aside from this Kickstarter, the most I ever spent on a game was $100 for the Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition, but since that was a huge waste of money (not the game and the steelbook, but the rest of the package) I'm just going to say the most expensive was around $90 for Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne with a guide on eBay since it was out of print by the time I'd heard of it.

After doing some quick math, I've spent roughly $3400 on the entire Rock Band franchise. I don't regret a penny of it.

Damn! Here I thought I was going to be the highest.

Actually, your post is what inspired me to calculate how much I've spent - I thought "surely I haven't spent THAT much..." and found out I'd spent a rather large amount more. It's the DLC that really adds up - I find myself buying ~6 tracks per week on an average week.

I think the most I've ever spent on a *single* game was about $150 NZ on a collectors edition.. Right now I'm waiting on getting Diablo 3, collectors edition.. that's the most expencive one to date I believe.. Though thank GOD I pre-ordered on Amazon while it was available.. altogether including shipping it'll be about $150NZ - if I was to go to a store here and buy the collectors edition off the shelf they'd be making me pay like $230 NZ....

On a game series. the most I've spent.. I didn't count. Sims 2, and all the expansion packs. It all adds up...

Years back I spent probably $150-200 on some DDR stuff. Y'know, back when it was still slightly cool.

I've never gotten a pricey collector's edition version of a game, I don't have any of the current consoles so I never got into the Rock Band/Guitar Hero stuff, and I also rarely bother with DLC, though I suppose if the subscription fee for WoW counts, there's probably a ridiculous amount of cash I've put into that game.

Its probably going to be for jane jensen's kickstarter, which starts in around 8 hours for 3 games shes launching with a new company (including gray matter 2).

Possibly il break my record again when the tex murphy kickstarter comes along in another month.

The most I've spent on a game? Well that would probably be Rock Band 1,2,3. The kicker is I don't even really care for the game. Its just a good party game. And everyone sounds ok after the first 5 drinks.

But it really depends on my level of income as to how much I'm willing to put towards a game.

Sorry guys, I don't mean to offend anyone but this thread quickly started to sound like AA meeting :)

I see a lot of regret here and probably sometimes it is justified, but cheer up!

If you have the funds and the purchase will make you happy, go for it. If you will play for two days and later have regrets for the rest of your life, then don't.

As Kierkegaard once said: Do. Or do not. There is no "try".

Sign in to follow this