Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Batlhazar

Please consider Maniac Mansion 3..

Day of the return of the Tentacle?

Maniac Dawn : A Tentacle strikes back?

... you see where I'm going with this i'm sure.

Monkey island is probably my favourite franchise of all time, but has been a bit done to death now i think.

Still some room for Maniac mansion love though!

What do you guys think?

They've already said it's going to be an original game and not a sequel.

I thought we were all grown ups here, but once again for everybody who missed it:

DFA is going to be a 100% new game, new IP, new everything.

There is a forum section called "Games of Yore" where you can spread out your love for those good old games, so pretty-please-with-sugar-on-top use that.

I thought we were all grown ups here.

I thought we were all nice people, but hey.

I thought we were all grown ups here, but once again for everybody who missed it:

DFA is going to be a 100% new game, new IP, new everything.

There is a forum section called "Games of Yore" where you can spread out your love for those good old games, so pretty-please-with-sugar-on-top use that.

Ok, thanks for the heads up BigWhoop!

Im a bit late to the forums, only starting browsing (during my work lunchbreak) today, so I hadn't seen the aforementioned post yet.

Either way im sure the finished result is gunna be great.

LucasArts still has the rights to MM I believe. So this is highly improbable. It's policy to not sell off the rights to games.

I have no doubt that they wouldn mind making it, the problem is the IP. According to someone Lucas Art doesnt sell IP's. and even if they did we would need like 10million to get talks started.

Hopefully Doublefind can invent something as funy and hilarious as maniac mansion, surely that is possible. They seem to be a creative bunch of people.

Sign in to follow this