Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BANjO-KAZOOiE

DFA art style polll

Should DFA have a anime style to it???????/?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should DFA have a anime style to it???????/?

• Yes
    • Definetley yES!!!

Not in a million years, thanks.

EDIT: I don´t hate anime in general, but I just don´t want to see it in THIS game.

The game should look like "The Dot and the Line: A Romance in Lower Mathematics"

It'd be even better than anime style. ;)

Smiles

I wouldn't mind animé in and by itself. But it needs to suit the mood and culture of the game. And IMO animé can be great when done right (Anything Leiji MAtsumoto has done), but often it ends up being a lazy ticket of just drawing people in a simple predefined pattern with little variation beyond crazy hairstyles.

I wouldn't mind animé in and by itself. But it needs to suit the mood and culture of the game. And IMO animé can be great when done right (Anything Leiji MAtsumoto has done), but often it ends up being a lazy ticket of just drawing people in a simple predefined pattern with little variation beyond crazy hairstyles.

This is my impression of anime style also. Predetermined, leaves little room for variation, and ultimately these are just side effects of laziness. Hell, even the animations are lazy. It can make Harryhausen's stop motion animations from the 1930s seem smooth in comparison.

Laziness can be a good thing sometimes. But not in this case. The only time laziness is good is when it drives progress and smarter solutions. Not for art.

I could tolerate maybe like one character done in anime style, and like all the other characters make fun of him/her for it.

There are better ways to express your desire to have anime-style in this game than abusing of a useful feature like the polls.

But you obviously don't care, or you would have created an open discussion. Therefore...

tumblr_lt2bya68O21r4et2ho1_400.png

If OP really wants this the closest I think they'll ever get is

WRATH OF THE WHITE WITCH

it's scheduled for English/Other country translations in 2013. Level 5's JRPEGs may have action and fighting, but the other sections are 100% like a point and click game in terms of style, story, and even gameplay. Go places, talk to characters, figure out what you need to give to so and so to make so and so happen...

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/import-preview-ni-no-kuni/724484

You don't allow us to vote no.

Wow, can we delete troll threads please?

I'm bumping this so more people can say "No".

Very well, then.

YjH2l.gif

Sign in to follow this