Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Levering_2pp

Coming Soon - Episode 1 of the Double Fine Adventure series!

Was anyone else reminded of the Dustforce music by the videos music?

I loved every bit of the video :) Can't wait for more to come.

Below the video, one of the entries is this:

06:24 // The alternate takes to Kickstarter update #2 were actually filmed the day after we shot the pitch video, before the project was even launched. In case we couldn’t make it back to the office soon enough after the launch, we had Tim record three messages for how the campaign could potentially go.

Am I the only one who would LOVE to see the alternative versions they filmed had the Kickstarter response gone some other way? I realize in the video they show short snippets, but those were all one take and Tim was not being serious so they hardly count.

Below the video, one of the entries is this:

06:24 // The alternate takes to Kickstarter update #2 were actually filmed the day after we shot the pitch video, before the project was even launched. In case we couldn’t make it back to the office soon enough after the launch, we had Tim record three messages for how the campaign could potentially go.

Am I the only one who would LOVE to see the alternative versions they filmed had the Kickstarter response gone some other way? I realize in the video they show short snippets, but those were all one take and Tim was not being serious so they hardly count.

I would love to see this too

Lol, is it just me or do i sense a future of someone like G4 being interested in airing these episodes as a show.

Fun times, cant wait for more.

Really liked the first episode. Good to capture the media attention, but I wish there had been a tiny bit about the funding making mainstream news sites, not just gaming talk shows. (though the NPR bit was nice, i didn't know he interviewed with them.)

Great episode, 2 player productions. The music really complimented the footage and it was edited amazingly. You guys rock, keep it up.

I almost cried with the happy moment of 1 million in 1 day. :)

Great stuff, I'm happy to be part a part of this. The emotion covering all of this definitely came through.

The only problem I could find is, that I found it a bit hard to figure out when exactly everything was taking place. There were a lot of short interviews and other bits and pieces. I would have liked some subtitles like '2 weeks before kickstarter' or something, to place those various shots in some kind of order.

Then again, I've been leaning heavily on a bottle of GROG while waiting to watch this. Could be just me getting confused.

Great stuff, congrats 2PP on completing the first installment!

I just finished watching as well; great job to all involved.

I'm very glad that I could do my small part to make this all possible. You guys deserve all the support that the gaming community can give.

The first video is great. I am not sure if these videos are going to be the final "documentary series" or if these are just updates cut from the same pool of footage. I am sure its been explained elsewhere but I couldn't find it after a quick search.

The first video is great. I am not sure if these videos are going to be the final "documentary series" or if these are just updates cut from the same pool of footage. I am sure its been explained elsewhere but I couldn't find it after a quick search.

From what we've seen, I'm absolutely sure they have already shot for a lot more than 20 minutes of presentable video. There's already a lot of footage no-one has seen. When the time comes, I'm sure 2 Player Productions can't wait to re-cut all the extra stuff into a comprehensive whole.

Loved the video. I started to well up at one stage when I realised just how ground-breaking this moment was for the Double Fine team. I thought I had an understanding of what DF were going through, having been with the industry for 5 years, but seeing the responses from the team on video just made me so happy. What's more rewarding than being able to sponsor a game that I'd like to see made is knowing that it's allowing a mass of stifled creatives the freedom to really push forward and roll with their intuition without concerns that the shadow man might step in and pull the plug at any stage. It's incredibly moving.

And Two Player, nice job with the video. It feels like you're going to deliver on the ins and outs of the process. Just seeing some of the scepticism, the excitement, sometimes the disappointment, the humanity. Look forward to sharing the development time with you.

This first episode was amazing. Initially I wasn't too enthusiastic about a documentary of the entire process, but this video (and all of the previous ones) have really brought a personal touch to everything surrounding this entire process. Can't wait for the next update.

Keep up the awesome work 2PP.

That was stunning. Two Player productions are masters of their craft. How else do you guys seem to get all the right angles and mood for every shot. Now I crave for more and so I'm hoping these things can get released every 4-6 (I man can dream) weeks. Glad I donated.

Great video. Loved the little moments at the studio. I'd love to see this released in a theater. It's a fantastic-looking documentary so far.

Everyone can relax, I've seen it now :-) Very enjoyable, excellent soundtrack, too. I would only complain that there are too many shots of Schafer with a microphone shoved up his nose.

PS I love Schafer, but I want more Gilbert.

That episode alone is enough to justify all the hype I've put into this project. Keep up the amazing work!

The best thing about this episode was that it made me feel that things started rolling and that the whole kickstarter thing just started paying off (for everyone).

I have backed a few project since it all started and this is the first thing I get, and it feels as good as seeing the initial effect of our pledges does.

Other than the 'sendimental' part of it there wasn't much to discover, as we all pretty much know what has happened so far. As good as this was as an intro I am much more looking forward to the meatier episodes that will follow.

how much was this episode? how many episodes/series are there likely to be?
21 minutes. They said monthly episodes, so presumably around 12.

The video is ok, but I was expecting something more game-oriented rather than kickstarter-oriented.

Anyway, some kind of recap is always necessary for the sake of videogame history, I guess. :-)

Sign in to follow this