Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Episode 1: A Perfect Storm for Adventure

I agree it would be great if Lucas arts did bring all of Tim's games to steam. I also think it would be awesome if Iron Bragade would come to steam also.

yeah, and brutal legend too! and all other DF games! =D

i started a topic about it too! =D

Awesome video! 2 Player Productions did a great job of capturing the whole essence of how the Kickstarter campaign was like.

Funny thing is that we can screenshot and we can all have a picture of Gilbert smiling :)

Will be looking forward to seeing the future videos.

Really reassuring I was hoping it seem more genuine then the pitch videos, and well I don't know I had my doubts about the character Tim presented himself as, once I saw some of the discussions it got better, and now this has just nailed it...they're actually human beings and not sock puppets!

Glad I have a small hand in helping you guys :)

Great stuff! Can't wait to see more.

I feel like you could almost call this "Episode 0," what with it's prologue-y nature. What sorts of shenanigans await us next?

I feel like you could almost call this "Episode 0." Great stuff! Can't wait to see more.

I wanted to call it that.

I can see why, it seems pretty appropriate! Is it too late for an episode naming retcon? Ultimately, I guess it doesn't matter much, though!

It makes me happy that I made Tim Schafer happy to make games to make me happy.

happy happy happy

Awesome video.

Really interesting to see that Tim Shafer was holding back when he launched it.

Brilliant. Great project and I'm very happy to be a part of it. Can't wait to see what ideas have been thrown around in the next Episode.

Great job 2PP! I truly felt the thrills and the emotions behind this "perfect storm".

Also It's nice to know that our pledges have helped to save jobs at DF!

That was great, I am so proud to be apart of this project and if you guys continue to crowd-source for future games I will be the first one to back you guys. This is the future of game development.

Also great job 2PP, great documentary, having you guys on board just makes it so much better.

Really nice video.

But, as a non-english speaker, I'd appreciate if these videos had optional English subtitles, to help me understand them. I know vimeo doesn't have a 'softsubs' feature (like YouTube). Maybe 2PP could upload 2 versions of this episodes, with and without subtitles ('hardsubs', or subtitles embedded in the video). This version should be useful for deaf people, too.

What do you think?

EIijR.png

BIG Quote to this. Help us to easily understand!

Very, very nice first episode. It felt like it's really capturing the feelings of the people involved!

Looking forward to seeing this project grow and I am so glad I will be able to.

Also, very nicely made video, I am looking forward to the next episode and all the ones after that one!

Keep up the good work!

too bad you cant fast forward through vimeo. My internet died at the last two mins :/

Thanks for the video. Keep up the great work guys!

after a long weekend easter holiday I come home to this. capped my holiday off quite well.

Loved the video so much, I watched it thrice.

Simply awesome! *thumbs up*

Awwww man, this is terrible. My face is in so much pain, I had this big stupid grin on my face the whole time watching this. I'm getting excited all over again, I'm so ridiculously happy for the guys at Double Fine. I think I might cry if I watch it again!

May I add my expression of psychedness to the discussion.

I do hope this is the new way games are made. There are so many advantages!

1) Beholden to fans, not publishers

2) Money up front, it can't NOT sell!

3) Transparency into the game making process, so others can make better games too.

4) An active buzzing community, even before the game is in development! (THIS IS A BIG ONE)

I think kickstarter has finally found it's soul mate. This will be known as the turning point in the games industry.

Looks like Vimeo has nixed the embedded video... Is there perhaps a mirror?
It's still working, try a different browser.

Hmmm... well, I got it on Firefox, Chrome, Opera and MS Explorer... it doesn't really seem like the kind of error I'd get if it didn't like the browser though.

vimeo_disapproves.png

vimeo_disapproves.png.b43072e6d7f8c43a3c

I feel like you could almost call this "Episode 0." Great stuff! Can't wait to see more.

I wanted to call it that.

Agh, you should have stamped your foot and pouted :) Ep 0 would have been cool.

Just caught it on the Kickstarter page. Entertaining, and I feel so happy to know my $ made all those talented people smile and laugh. ;n;

Time to make them cry in agony! <3 .. hopefully not. ;)

Hmmm... well, I got it on Firefox, Chrome, Opera and MS Explorer... it doesn't really seem like the kind of error I'd get if it didn't like the browser though.
What is your OS? Can you see the video in the Kickstarter update page?

Win 7 Pro x64... I wasn't able to see it on the kickstarter page either. I'm kind of thinking that it's related to the network I'm on. I got the video to come up on the thread with a kindle fire tethered to Verizon so perhaps it's a firewall issue. Very strange.

Win 7 Pro x64... I wasn't able to see it on the kickstarter page either. I'm kind of thinking that it's related to the network I'm on. I got the video to come up on the thread with a kindle fire tethered to Verizon so perhaps it's a firewall issue. Very strange.

Are you on a home or a work network? Do you have any problems watching videos on Vimeo on general?

Are you on a home or a work network? Do you have any problems watching videos on Vimeo on general?

Work. Vimeo's standard video appears to be functioning fine though. I hesitate to mention it to the admin. It might be viewed as... not good :P

jurassicfrog - Just watch the video *while embedded on this page* (or the kickstarter page). Do not click on it to open in a new window.

Sign in to follow this