• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Episode 1: A Perfect Storm for Adventure

That was really amazing. I can't believe we get this and a game damn I feel lucky

I almost cried here. Was such a joy watching this video. It so good when you see a brilliant idea and you can help. I was a kid when this whole thing happened, and now it's all coming back. All the memories, the time spent at my dad offices playing Lucasarts and Sierra games, it's really a part of who i am today (33 years).

You started a flame long ago, you now just found a way to really see what fire can do, and i know it's gonna burn for a long long time. Thank you!!! Now we are fighting together. Fight Fire with Fire!!!

very very nice video. I'm already want more of them!!

But, as a non-english speaker, I'd appreciate if these videos had optional English subtitles, to help me understand them.

Indeed.

1. Did you guys end up having to lay off anyone since the kickstarter project was so successful?

2. Do you think you'll crowdsource again for game development after this? If so, are you planning to use Kickstarter again?

3. Seriously, how tall is Greg? The dude dwarfs everyone else.

4. Did a certain someone have to shave someone else as mentioned if they hit 2 mil? bhwhaha.

As a side comment which requires no reply whatsoever, you guys appear to be rolling in attractive women who work in the game industry. Truly putting the FINE in Double Fine (I say this jokingly, but it's true).

That was an awesome first episode, almost made me tear up at the end with the speech.

Hope, hope is such a good feeling. This is what we made, unknown friends but tied together for hope...

wow loved the video. thank you for the entertainment. I said this before and I will say it again the videos alone to me was worth what I payed for. I am excited for what is to come next. I hope the game becomes a success after as well. love that I am a part of this adventure :)

1. Did you guys end up having to lay off anyone since the kickstarter project was so successful?

2. Do you think you'll crowdsource again for game development after this? If so, are you planning to use Kickstarter again?

3. Seriously, how tall is Greg? The dude dwarfs everyone else.

4. Did a certain someone have to shave someone else as mentioned if they hit 2 mil? bhwhaha.

As a side comment which requires no reply whatsoever, you guys appear to be rolling in attractive women who work in the game industry. Truly putting the FINE in Double Fine (I say this jokingly, but it's true).

That was an awesome first episode, almost made me tear up at the end with the speech.

I'll help you with 1 and 3...

1. Nope!

3. Greg is 12' 6"

It was a fantastic video, I just want to thank 2p for all there hard work and can't wait to see more of their great videos, I have to say it's a rare thing to see how much feeling and love goes into the idea. I'm glad I could be one small part of funding a dream.

Nice work DF & 2P; my ADD didn't kick in and I watched the whole thing in one go. Also, I liked the part when you broke Kickstarter.

Great video!

Thanks SO much for doing this for us guys! I loved the video and I couldn't help but get caught up in your excitement and emotion. I cannot wait to see, what I am sure will be, the fantastic game that you guys release. I have nothing but the utmost respect for your team and what you've accomplished. Also, the ladies on your team are double fine. Feel free to groan at that one lol. Long Live Adventure!

Any tips on how to see the video? Both on Kickstarter and on this forum I see the message:

Sorry

The creator of this video has not given you permission to embed it on this domain. This is a Vimeo Plus feature.

What operating system and browser are you using? Do you have any ad block software installed?

Very nice video. Thanks a lot guys!

Without sounding like a douchebag I have one question: do the voices of people speaking sound really quiet to anyone else? For me it seems like they dip up and down a lot and aren't "normalized" in any way. It's very "dynamic" :) It's not a soundcard issue or anything.

Anyway, great to get the ball rolling! This is gonna be an awesome game!

I'm with you on that one, I'm not a native speaker and couldn't understand some dialogue due to the low volume of some parts.

I'm not complaining, mind you, it's awesome to see the project rolling and the documentary happening, thanks guys!

We're working on the subtitles issue. Didn't have time to get anything in place for this episode, but we may be able to re-post a subbed version in the near future.

Hey guys,

Just finished watching the first vid, and now I just want to reiterate how proud I am that I backed this project. So excited for all of us.

FEELGOOD STORY OF THE YEAR

Any tips on how to see the video? Both on Kickstarter and on this forum I see the message:

Sorry

The creator of this video has not given you permission to embed it on this domain. This is a Vimeo Plus feature.

What operating system and browser are you using? Do you have any ad block software installed?

Windows 7, Firefox 11.0 - I seem to be appropriately signed-in to both sites, and no ad blocking software installed.

Sorry

Windows 7, Firefox 11.0 - I seem to be appropriately signed-in to both sites, and no ad blocking software installed.

Do you have any other browsers you can test out?

Sorry

Yup, just tried it in IE9 and it's working. How strange, thank you for the idea!

Sorry

Yup, just tried it in IE9 and it's working. How strange, thank you for the idea!

Glad it's working now. We've only heard a few instances here and there of the videos not working, and we have view demographics from all over the world from Vimeo. It's just hard to nail down what could be causing the problem, so changing browsers tends to be the easiest solution.

That was the best. So proud to be a backer. Impressed with 2PP production quality, too. And of course the Double Fine crew is easy to love. Tim's speech at the end was spot on. Great episode. Can't wait for more.

I got kind of choked up at the end there during tim's speech. 2PP with this and the PATV season you know how to work the drama. Good work!

Amazing video. The very fact that through this campaign that no one had to be let go is a great reason for backing this project.

Man, wish I can change my pledge to a higher level now...

Awesome Video guys! I can't wait to see the next episode.

Awesome! Really awesome! Very happy to have backed this project! Long live Double Fine and 2 Player Productions. Can't wait for the update #9 !!

Sign in to follow this