Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Episode 1: A Perfect Storm for Adventure

Man I would really like to see an episode (not of the main doc, but as a sidekick) where they give you a tour of double fine. I mean a slow and nice tour with almost no cuts as possible, to get a sense of the physical space of the offices (the game field) and where they introduce each department and explain what all the people do in there. One by one. That would be sweet.

We could try to do something like this the next time the whole crew is here.

Why not test out your new steadicam gear and follow Tim riding through the office on a tricycle. ;-)

We could try to do something like this the next time the whole crew is here.

Awesome Paul, thanks!

Why not test out your new steadicam gear and follow Tim riding through the office on a tricycle. ;-)

Not tricicle but Brutal Legend soapbox car!

153299-BUS.jpg

Really enjoyed the video. Most touching was the part where Tim said he finally feels like a winner at game developer conferences now. :)

Finally got a chance to sit down and watch this. Really great video! So glad I could help get this game made!

Looking forward to the next update video now :)

Great first docu vid. Now I'm sort of sad I didn't pitch in $100 to get the actual discs.

After all is said and done, I think it was mentioned somewhere that you'll be able to purchase some or all directly from 2PP.

Smiles

This video made me so happy that it almost made me sad.

When I saw all the employees watching the screen together... you guys looked like this big happy family. No one looked frightened to be at work. Love was in every frame among the employees, and it was incredible. It is literally the dream I have, for when I land that job that will carry me through my life. You guys have something special. You really do.

Am I the only one who thought in the middle bit where Tim was talking about goodwill and fans not always buying their games and whatnot that it sounded like the plot to A Year Without Santa Claus?

doublefine.jpg

Woah, this joke goes deep. ::slow clap:: for you, sir.

Only just got around to watching it for some reason. Tumblr addiction, I guess.

Wonderful. Very heartwarming.

Any news on when we can expect the next Episode? I am really Looking forward to it...

Any news on when we can expect the next Episode? I am really Looking forward to it...

In a few days, maybe early next week.

great!!!

Am I the only one getting the following error for these Vimeo videos?

"The creator of this video has not given you permission to embed it on this domain. This is a Vimeo Plus feature."

I've received this error on all the videos so far, so can't watch them :(

Am I the only one getting the following error for these Vimeo videos?

"The creator of this video has not given you permission to embed it on this domain. This is a Vimeo Plus feature."

I've received this error on all the videos so far, so can't watch them :(

You are not the only one. Take a look here:

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/6745/

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/6569/#207194

If you click through to the Vimeo page, you won't be able to play the video. If you still can't play it while it's embedded in the forum post, make sure any ad blocking software or plug-ins you have are disabled. If that doesn't work, or if you don't have any such software, try using a different browser--that's worked for a number of users.

SUWEET! Hey, this isn't probably the forum for this - but (if you read this) could you answer a question? Has this ended up being a lot more work than you had initially planned for? I've been wondering... :)

...try using a different browser--that's worked for a number of users.
Yep, switching from Chrome to Firefox allowed the embedded video to play. Thanks for that.

So I rewatched this again and it struck me as a fairytale come true, with a happy ending. Made me happy for these guys, and me ofcourse cause I will eventually get another Tim Schafer/Ron Gilbert game to play, cause in this video you can see their faces light up like christmas trees. Also my first post so yeah. Anyhow, it's interesting to watch those documentaries 2pp is making of this project.

edit:oh wait, it's my second post. Oh well...

This episode is now also up on YouTube

For those of you who feel like commenting on it there...

Great, first episode! 2PP did a fine job!

Congratulations again for this huge success. I'm so glad and proud to be one of your somewhat 87k backers!

You and the others of DF are such sympathic people and therefore I feel so happy about your success. Can't wait to see the next episodes and, of course, to get my hands on the final game :coolsmile:

Sign in to follow this