Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Episode 1: A Perfect Storm for Adventure

OK, I watched it and now I'm a little depressed that I have to wait a month(ish) for another video! I think I might just wait until the whole series is out and watch them all together! Hmmm, yes....

To 2PP:

I never, EVER comment on any forums anywhere. Mostly because my enormous ego tells me I'm too smart to jump into the fray. But this was really special. You people went above and beyond with the video, and I want you to know how much I believe in what you're doing.

I'm glad we could push you over the edge.

Can I ask you if the slow motion was done at the moment of recording or in post production? Personally I think it´s over used but what you did with it was great!

The slow motion was done in the moment of recording. Unfortunately, our cameras do not allow you to change the frame rate without stopping the recording first. As we got closer to the final minute or two of the campaign, we quickly switched one camera to record at 60 fps (giving it the slow mo look) and kept it rolling through the end of the campaign plus an additional minute or two after to get everyone smiling and looking at the screen some more. Then, we stopped and switched it back to 24 fps (normal frame rate) to get Tim's speech.

OK, I watched it and now I'm a little depressed that I have to wait a month(ish) for another video! I think I might just wait until the whole series is out and watch them all together! Hmmm, yes....

We'll still have some extra stand alone videos apart from the story episodes to make the wait a little easier.

Pretty cool episode, but as a backer I was a bit disappointed considering I've already seen about 80% of the content on various websites beforehand. Still, it's a nice recap...

It was great, many thanks!

That episode restarted the awesome, positive emotions I had with each milestone the DF kickstarter hit.

I feel full of energy and hope now :) Amazing!

We'll still have some extra stand alone videos apart from the story episodes to make the wait a little easier.

What I read:

We'll still have some extra candy bars apart from the chocolate cake to make the wait a little easier.

Just marvelous! I am looking forward to the next episode with extreme excitement.

It was a good episode. Masterfully done. Now I'm all giggly about it.

Manly giggly of course. |)

Yeay!

This makes me so excited for the future!

I just love the documentary, the people at double fine seems like a really nice bunch, makes me feel like i want to be there in person!

Love to see what the future brings :)

(No... something just caught my eye)

I'm really happy to be a part of this.

Without getting too in depth and sappy, I feel hope for this industry and the 'niche' markets within it.

Great job and I can't wait to see more.

This is a great beginning for the series. I really liked it.

I'm certain that i will watch the complete serie again when it's finished.

Aww, such a nice, emotional video!

At the end I had a lump in my throat and nearly cried :)

All the power to you!

I was all misty eyed at the end. Tim's feelings about wanting to answer to the players and not to some publisher is so great to hear. Just as I'm tired of buying games the usual way, through big megalomaniac publishers whose only interest is making money, nothing else.

The whole team seems really, really great and of course the Tim-factor, you're so fun and entertaining I could've pledged just for the videos, lol.

I'm so very proud to be a part of this.

Need subtitles! Please! Or mayby Tim should talk slowly, loud and clear)) Like a robot.

PROJECT YOURSELF MAN.

LOL

Yesterday I had read a Miles Davis quote, saying: "The thing to judge in any jazz artist is, does the man project and does he have ideas."

And then while watching some Psychonauts footage, I was thinking: wow, does Schafer have ideas, and does he project!

And now this.

Sad only 80k of us is going to see this video. Hopefully they will release the entire series as a dvd compilation with all the episodes.

Sign in to follow this