Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob dumb

Favorite games and such.

I want to hear your five favorite games.

mine are:

1. World of Warcraft

2. Gears of War

3. Supreme Commander

4. Final Fantasy XII

5. Grim Fandango

Of what i have played:

1. Psychonauts

2. Beyond Good & Evil

3. Dreamfall

4. Fahrenheit*

5. King Kong

6. Fable: The Lost Charaters

I think... I have not written any multiplayer games, because i think they do best under an other category :) .

*EDIT: I totally forgot Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) ! That kicks Fable out, and fits right after dreamfall i think :D .

•Psychonauts.

•Ninja Gaiden.

•Splinter Cell Double Agent.

•Bioshock.

•Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

I'd list many more if I could. Big nods go to Half-Life 2, Gears of War, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Mega Man II, Beyond Good and Evil, and Halo since they couldn't be listed in my top five. :down:

•Chrono Trigger.

•Final Fantasy 3 (6).

•The Longest Journey (1&2;).

•Zelda: Twilight Princess.

•Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Psychonauts would be at 7 or so.

I'm gonna cheat and divide it into PC and consoles lists.

PC:

1. Sam & Max Hit the Road

2. No One Lives Forever

3. Day of the Tentacle

4. Half-Life

5. Dreamfall

Consoles:

1. Guardian Heroes

2. Zelda II: Adventures of Link

3. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

4. SSX3

5. Shooting Gallery

PC:

1. Curse of Monkey Island.

2. Grim Fandango.

3. Gabriel Knight I.

4. Sam & Max season 2.

5. Day of the Tentacle.

I don't play many console games, so I'll say Psychonauts and leave it at that.

1) Psychonauts

2) Guilty Gear XX Slash

3) Resident Evil REmake

4) Silent Hill 3

5) Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

6) BioShock

Those are my tops, but I'll play and enjoy almost any game. (Any game except for Superman 64.)

This is gonna be tough. In no order because I can't do that.

PC:

1. Psychonauts (also PS2)

2. KOTOR I & II

3. Age of Empires II

4. Morrowind

Console:

1. EarthBound (Seriously, you'd all enjoy this! More psychic powers for all!)

2. Banjo-Kazooie

3. Zelda: Majora's Mask

4. Shadow of the Colossus

5. Okami

6. Other Stuff

My mind's drawing blanks, here! Ah well. xD I've played too many games.

I wan't a new console :( .

My PS2 already broke some months after i got it some years ago, so i have, like, nearly never been able to buy any console games :b

This is gonna be tough. In no order because I can't do that.

1. EarthBound (Seriously, you'd all enjoy this! More psychic powers for all!)

I love EarthBound's style, characters and whatnot, but the battle system, to me, is it's greatest downfall. I hate first-person battles in turn-based RPGs, it's a terrible idea if I do say so myself. You never see your character in battle, no new weapons and no wacky antics. It completely destroyed something which I'm sure I would have otherwise loved.

2. Banjo-Kazooie

That was my first video game, I think. Love it but I never got far in it. I was kinda afraid of the game back then (Snacker the Shark being one thing) and I still have a childish fear of the game so I can't finish it D:

Console:

1) Psychonauts

2)Drakengard (nobody really knows this game since it came out right when FFX-2 did)

3)Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal

4) .hack//whatever and Kingdom Hearts are tied

5)LOZ: Twilight Princess, even tho I never finished it, but the story is quite lovely as is the game. I know what happens.

PC:

1)Psychonauts (if I were to have it for the PC of course, haha)

2) Spy Fox in Dry Cereal

3)Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide When Its Dark Outside

4) Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo

5) Freddie Fish and the Missing Kelp Seeds

....yeah, I haven't had any new PC games since I was like 8. But these games were and still are awesome.

Banjo Kazooie is awsome. 6 year old me was afraid of that stupid blue shark too.

You guys have seen the new Banjo Kazooie for the 360, right? It may be just me, but I can't STAND how much detail the put into the graphics. The most bearable thing in it is Kazooie's model, in my oppinion. Banjo's nose also creeps me out. It just seemed like one of those games that was never ment to have detailed art, but just stay cartoony.

1) Psychonauts

2) JSRF: Jet set Radio Future

3) Knights of the Old Republic

4) Star Wars Battlefront 2

5) Lego Star Wars 2

Top two I've written decent fanfics for. I would post a link but I don't feel like it.

1. Broken Sword 1

2. Broken Sword 2

3. Broken Sword 1 again

4. Broken Sword 2 again

5. Broken Sword 1 & 2 at the same time.

At the same time?! Woaw! It's got to be super dooper good then!

Banjo Kazooie is awsome. 6 year old me was afraid of that stupid blue shark too.

I was scared of the rancor on the prison lvl of mysteries of the sith.

1. Broken Sword 1

2. Broken Sword 2

3. Broken Sword 1 again

4. Broken Sword 2 again

5. Broken Sword 1 & 2 at the same time.

I like Broken Sword too (really! despite what I'm about to say!), but I spend the first five minutes or so shouting at George, "Why do you care if the cafe blew up? You're not a detective, not a police officer, not a journalist! You're on vacation! Why are you spending all your time chasing Knights Templar all over the place?!"

And then I calm down and enjoy the game. :)

Ratchet and Clank (series)

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Tomb Raider: Legend

God of War

And Psychonauts, definitely.

I love EarthBound's style, characters and whatnot, but the battle system, to me, is it's greatest downfall. I hate first-person battles in turn-based RPGs, it's a terrible idea if I do say so myself. You never see your character in battle, no new weapons and no wacky antics. It completely destroyed something which I'm sure I would have otherwise loved.

That's... the strangest nitpick I've ever heard, but to each his own.

You guys have seen the new Banjo Kazooie for the 360, right? It may be just me, but I can't STAND how much detail the put into the graphics. The most bearable thing in it is Kazooie's model, in my oppinion. Banjo's nose also creeps me out. It just seemed like one of those games that was never ment to have detailed art, but just stay cartoony.

I'm gonna agree, the style just looks strange. Banjo's design looks to square and angular, and it just... weirds me out. Kazooie looks semi-okay, though. I don't own a 360, probably never will, so I'm going to miss out on the game, most likely :( A shame, I used to idolize Rare.

Hmmm. Too hard to place in a ranked order.

Psychonauts

Beyond Good and Evil

Super Mario 64

Mega Man Legends

Halo 1/2

Also up there:

Goldeneye

Maximo Ghosts to Glory

Mario Kart 64

Metal Arms Glitch in the System

Dreamfall

Kya: Dark Lineage

OddWorld Strangers Wrath

I'm sure I'm missing some.

Oh goodness I have quite a list to put here o3o WELL LET'S SEE HERE.. in no particular order

Pokémon ((all main games and some spin-off games))

Psychonauts

Legend of Zelda: OoT and TW

Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge

Sonic the Hedgehog ((SA:DC, SA2:B, Heros, and some of the classic games))

Cave Story | Doukutsu Monogatari

Zoo Tycoon 1 & 2

Metroid ((the side scrolling ones, not a Prime fan))

.. that's pretty much all I can remember off the top of my head xDD MUCHOS LOVE TO THEM~ *lame*

I'm gonna agree, the style just looks strange. Banjo's design looks to square and angular, and it just... weirds me out. Kazooie looks semi-okay, though. I don't own a 360, probably never will, so I'm going to miss out on the game, most likely :( A shame, I used to idolize Rare.

I never really played Banjo Kazooie on the N64 but the Xbox 360 teaser for Banjo made me think of all the old-school adventure/platform games that I did enjoy on the NES, SNES, and Sega Genesis.

Since I am fortunate to have an Xbox 360 (launch system with zero problems), I am looking forward to having something like this on a system that seems to be filled with shooters and racing games (even though I like shooters too).

I need variety in my games, so hopefully Banjo and Kazooie turns out good. I'd be happy to see them make Kameo 2 also and maybe a new Conker game that further makes fun of some games or films.

How was Kameo? It looked like it had some potential. After the collect-a-thon that was Donkey Kong 64 Rare sort of lost it's grace with me.

I too am looking forward to some platformers on 360. I saw a video for a new Crash Bandicot game coming that didn't look half bad.

The reason I probably won't get an Xbox is because of shooters and racing - I don't play either genre. The only shooter I've enjoyed is Goldeneye - because it's impossible not to enjoy it. xD

As beautiful as Rare is, I cannot buy a whole system solely for them. Unless I get filthy rich. But one thing I DO think would do somewhat well on a 360 is Jet Force Gemini. Love that game. But then again, if they make sequels to any more games, it'll just bother me that there's more I can't play. Catch-22!

That's... the strangest nitpick I've ever heard, but to each his own.

Strange? First-Person Turn-Based RPG battle dislike is not strange, I know many people who don't enjoy Earthbound for the same reason. After the character antics in FF3(6) during battles and whatnot, it just seems lazy that your characters aren't even visible during battles in EarthBound. Everyone was trying to do something different in those days, and things like this were the different in a bad way kinda thing if you catch my drift.

I saw the trailer (where Banjo is trying to break out of that room). Yeah, the style isn't too great. Blocky, as somebody mentioned. The eyes kinda bother me, too. I'm thrilled that they brought the game back from the grave, but I just hope they don't change things too much. Just wish it was available on other consoles, like the Wii.

(still want that rock version of the theme song, tho)

After how Rare ditched Nintendo like a cowardly soldier? I doubt we'll be seeing any Rare products on Nintendo for a good long while. Let them keep releasing mediocre remakes and milking their rehashes with MS until they rot. Then they can come crawling back.

After how Rare ditched Nintendo like a cowardly soldier? I doubt we'll be seeing any Rare products on Nintendo for a good long while. Let them keep releasing mediocre remakes and milking their rehashes with MS until they rot. Then they can come crawling back.
Wow. How about those Stampers selling Rare to MS, then leaving Rare.. that couldn't have anything to do with Rare's position. /sarcasm.

The team that is Rare right now is not the same team you knew them from back in the glory days of Rare FYI, so there went your cowardly soldier assumption. Conker wasn't bad. Perfect Dark Zero's campaign "remake" sucked but the multiplayer wasn't half bad. Kameo was good. Viva Pinata is a unique title and that is what Rare should continue doing. Please tell me that you don't think Nintendo is also guilty of "milking rehashes" since that is their saving grace and specialty. Rare doesn't need to go crawling back, but I will just agree to disagree with your opinion and leave it at that.

Wow. How about those Stampers selling Rare to MS, then leaving Rare.. that couldn't have anything to do with Rare's position. /sarcasm.

The team that is Rare right now is not the same team you knew them from back in the glory days of Rare FYI, so there went your cowardly soldier assumption. Conker wasn't bad. Perfect Dark Zero's campaign "remake" sucked but the multiplayer wasn't half bad. Kameo was good. Viva Pinata is a unique title and that is what Rare should continue doing. Please tell me that you don't think Nintendo is also guilty of "milking rehashes" since that is their saving grace and specialty. Rare doesn't need to go crawling back, but I will just agree to disagree with your opinion and leave it at that.

Pah. Rare left because they viewed Nintendo as a sinking ship, so they went to MS for the big bucks.

Conker was awful. A disgrace, if you will. Viva Pinata is the only one from that list I'll agree with.

Nintendo is certainly guilty of milking the rehashes, but at least they turn out awesome every time.

Sign in to follow this