Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
janderson

Kickstarter Project Collection Thread

I'd like to collect Information on Running and Finished Kickstarter Projects with Links to the Kickstarter Project Pages and Links to the respective DF-Forum Threads about those Kickstarter Projects. (I was inspired to this by this Post courtesy of MikeJ)

This Thread is Work-In-Progress. I will edit the first Post to reflect Status Changes, New Projects, Threads, ... Please Post NEW Information (not already mentioned) you think should be mentioned about new Kickstarter Projects or existing/new DF-Threads in this Thread.

Projects (unordered, Possible TODO: Insert Start / End Date):

* 2012-04-04 -- Jane Jensen's Pinkerton Road: "A Year of Adventure" -- Chosen Game Concept: Moebius

* 2012-04-05 -- Ravaged

* 2012-04-10 -- Republique by Camouflaj + Logan

* 2012-04-17 -- Grim Dawn

Projects in Danger:

* 2012-04-10 -UF (by 227k, 4 days left)- Republique by Camouflaj + Logan

New Project Entries:

* 2012-04-21 -- Legends of Eisenwald

* 2012-05-01 -- Cross of the Dutchman (Prototype)

* 2012-05-01 -- SKYJACKER (Background Literature: ABYSS LIGHTS - Frozen Stars)

* 2012-05-02 -- Battle Chess

* 2012-05-03 -- Drifter: A Space Trading Game

Finished Projects (unordered, Possible TODO: Insert Start / End Date / Running Status / Final Amount):

* 2012-02-09 -- Double Fine Adventure -- (2012-02-09 - 2012-03-13)

* 2012-02-28 -- FTL: Faster Than Light

* 2012-03-03 -- Takedown (formerly Crowdsourced Hardcore Tactical Shooter) (Prototype)

* 2012-03-13 -- Wasteland 2 -- Pre-Order via Paypal if you missed the End of the Pledge Drive

* 2012-03-19 -- The Banner Saga

* 2012-03-30 -- The Dead Linger

* 2012-04-02 -- Make Leisure Suit Larry come again!

* 2012-04-04 -- Shadowrun Returns -- Pledge via Paypal

* 2012-04-06 -- Yogventures! (by the Yogscast)

* 2012-04-07 -- Echoes of Eternia. A modern take on a classic design.

To be Launched / Unclear Status:

* TexMurphy

* CraftStudio - Real-time collaborative game-making. (Until April 29 2012)

* Autumn Moon (A Vampyre Story, Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island)

* Dead State The Zombie Survival RPG

On an unrelated Note: Is it possible to create Unordered Lists in this Forum? (It also seems Like Hyperlinks are not underlined without hovering over them in the Preview Window?; Would it be possible to get full BB-Code-HTML-Tables or limited HTML-Code-Insertion capabilities?; What about br-Tags?)

Thread Lists

(Ordered by Thread-Creation-Date (UTC) and Thread-ID)

Jane Jensen Threads:

* 2012-04-04 14:43 -- Jane Jensen Kickstarter - it’s on

* 2012-04-04 14:43 -- Jane Jensen’s Kickstarter

* 2012-04-04 15:23 -- Jane Jensen launches a kickstarter

* 2012-04-04 19:48 -- We made this project happen, let´s help Jane Jensen

* 2012-04-06 00:45 -- JANE JENSEN KICKSTARTER IS ON! SHE MADE GABRIEL KNIGHT, FOLKS!

Leisure Suit Larry Threads:

* 2012-04-02 18:06 -- Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter

* 2012-04-02 23:29 -- Make Leisure Suit Larry come again! (KickStarter)

* 2012-04-03 14:09 -- Leisure Suit Larry kickstarter (Goal: $500k, Funded: $98k)

Other Threads:

* 2012-03-07 11:22 -- Crowsourced Shooter bleh

* 2012-03-26 18:23 -- Would you back another adventure? Tex Murphy?

Kickstarter Discussion Threads:

* 2012-03-22 02:21 -- Have you supported any other game’s kickstarter?

* 2012-03-23 23:55 -- Now that DFA’s funding is over, what other projects are you excited about?

KickingItForward Discussion Threads:

* 2012-03-30 19:02 -- Kicking It Foward Project

Projects against the Odds

(Ordered by Project-Creation-Date (UTC))

* 2012-02-17 -Unsuccessful- Clockwork and Crossbones

* 2012-03-18 -Unsuccessful- Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective Adventure Mysteries

* 2012-03-30 -UF(by 276k, 7 days left)- Delaware St. John 4: Asylum of The Lost

* 2012-03-30 -Successful- Chuck's Challenge 3D

* 2012-04-03 -UF(by 44k, 2 days left)- Starlight Inception

* 2012-04-06 -Successful- Nekro

* 2012-04-07 -UF(by 244k, 27 days left)- Dark Meridian

FTL & Takedown are both already over and successfully funded.

Craftstudio is also already fundable...

Delaware is not 'to be launched' or 'unclear', it is active.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1065983707/delaware-st-john-4-asylum-of-the-lost

Thanks. I could not find it on Kickstarter on my first search. "Delaware" alone just seemed to be a inconclusive search term.

FTL & Takedown are both already over and successfully funded.

Craftstudio is also already fundable...

I know. It's just a general Project List at this time. I will differentiate the Project List further.

EDIT: Takedown also finished.

$100 to Double Fine, $250 to inXile, $100 to Shadowrun, and $50 to Banner Saga.

Hi.

Welcome to this Thread. Here we collect Information about new Interesting Kickstarter Projects and related Forum Threads. It is basically a List of Hyperlinks to Kickstarter Projects and Forum Threads.

Perhaps you wanted to Post in this Thread: Have you supported any other game’s kickstarter?

About Chuck's Challenge 3D, made by one of the creator of Chip's Challenge

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/niffler/chucks-challenge-3d

Thread:

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/6552/

It's kind of failing right now, but hopefully word will get around and it will get funded

Thanks for your suggestion.

For reasons of clarity and comprehensibility I will have to think about introducing Project categories like:

* Remakes / Sequels / Originals by known Designers

* Projects by Designers that worked on known Games

* Highly Popular Indie Game Projects with a big Budget

* Other Projects

On a related note I don't think I can add every Kicking it Forward Project, let alone every Kickstarter Game Project.

We feel that lately, RPG Video Games have been forgotten and have been too westernized.

What the hell are they talking about? o_O

I guess they're talking exclusively about jrpgs.

Or they think that jrpgs are the only real rpgs and the rest is just silly wrpgs ;)

WHATEVER

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6849/eterniashot.jpg

I sure hope it's just a proof of concept and not how the actual graphics looks like, because it looks RPG Maker as hell ... And I'm pretty sure it IS the graphics that comes with RPG Maker

On the other hand... with or without RPG Maker... I wonder, would it make that much of a difference ;) ?

Anyway, found something muuuuch better (unfortunately... buy buy money...) but not for a game and it's only interesting for people who like to film with DSLR: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crumplepop/grain35-beautiful-35mm-film-grain-scans-for-your-d

And for those who like films, check this one out:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1261313080/dust-0?ref=category

By the way considering the "Echoes... " JRPG game: They're really using RPG Maker. Good guess!

And I quote: "We are using RPG Maker VX, but it is running the highly customizable Melody Engine which was coded by the amazing Yanfly. It allows us to do so much more than RPG Maker could before."

Also interesting --> a recent interview with Bryan "Delaware" Wiegele:

http://www.adventurelantern.com/previews/Delaware4/Delaware4.htm

RPG Maker, oh god they gotta be kidding me. Never heard of that "Melody Engine", but RPG Makers graphics are so generic, they always end up looking like every single other RPG Maker projects, it's fine for small amateur projects, but it's not something you should be making a Kickstarter for, or even selling the game

Well... and if you're looking for RPG Maker games, it's not like those JRPG's are especially hard to find. Plus they are often free and some actually pretty long.

Change: Added Clockwork and Crossbones, Chuck's Challenge 3D, Starlight Inception, Nekro,

Echoes of Eternia. A modern take on a classic design. and Dark Meridian.

I will think about removing/adding further Unfunded Notices and a "Probability of Funding" (Will prob. fund, I don't know, Will probably not fund).

I am also thinking further about better categorizing for reasons of clarity.

Interesting Projects of the Day:

* Ravaged

* BIONITE: Origins

"Ravaged" looks cool but... I mean... how much does such a game cost??? Pretty sure it's not cheap...and then they ask for 15.000 bucks at kickstarter to publish it on steam and do some marketing? And basically you have to pay 25 dollars if you want the game - for 15 bucks you get just the beta. So practically you're paying them to beta-test for them? Looks like they just wanna have some beta-testers and start making people aware of the game and alreay do some pre-sales... if more and more people use kickstarter like this...

"Ravaged" looks cool but... I mean... how much does such a game cost??? Pretty sure it's not cheap...and then they ask for 15.000 bucks at kickstarter to publish it on steam and do some marketing? And basically you have to pay 25 dollars if you want the game - for 15 bucks you get just the beta. So practically you're paying them to beta-test for them? Looks like they just wanna have some beta-testers and start making people aware of the game and alreay do some pre-sales... if more and more people use kickstarter like this...

Good Point. I also had a few doubts about this project, which is why I didn't add it to the List.

I just mentioned it, because it is seemingly popular in the Video Games category of Kickstarter.

Irregardless of this: The Project will get funded Probably.

Sign in to follow this