Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
janderson

Kickstarter Project Collection Thread

I'm only using Mutlimedia Fusion to prototype bits of the game. I have a programmer who is handling all of the more complex programming stuff. Thanks for the advice though, I'll run it by him.

Jay Tholen, I liked that pitch. (Though I'm not backing, sorry.)

Hey there.

Here you can find a new Kickstarter that as been launched by the french studio Lexis Numérique. They worked on the past on several adventure games like the In Memoriam (Missing or Evidence series not sure of the US title)) and recently Alt-Minds, two very specific adventure that mixed reality and video, searching the net for clues and so on.

They also did eXperience 112, a surprising game again, where you're not in control of the main character but are "behind" the security system and help the character make her way through the huge ship she's on, and more than this.

And also the two Red Johnson's Chronicles games that were available on the XBLA PSN and PC Download.

They need a 240K$ level to be funded. I let you discover it here :

6d2817a07de38c6cae27b8af77439179_large.jpg?1372258619

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lexisgames/taxi-journey

I backed it on the first day, but I hope they launch the campaign again a little later it really lacked coverage and was in my opinion launch at the worst moment just around the E3, with so many news it was probably in the midst of hundreds of daily news titles, that really did not helped.

Yeah, sadly Bill Tiller doesn't always has the best timing. I still think that a prequel makes as much sense as a sequel but the prequel needs to be about how Mona got into this situation at all, beginning as a human opera singer until she gets caged as a vampyre in the castle, this as a four episodes season game or at least a 8 hour one time experience. And after that making the sequel and starting where AVS ended.

Although i would have enjoyed his little story as well, doing it the way i described it makes a lot more sense to me. Anyway we'll continue to wait and see what happens.

As for the taxi game (hey, anyone remembering Space Taxi?, "Hey, Taxi!") it looks nice and maybe it's great but currently i just don't want it this badly. Sorry, but i'm already waiting for 7 games to be finished. I don't want to end up with Kickstarter backlog of 314.159 games or so. Only game i got from Kickstarter so far is FTL, awesome game. Btw. eXperience 112 had its pros and cons.

GoldieBlox, a toy and book project for young girls to inspire them to become engineers. Currently the engineering world is 89% male, and this Kickstarter is hoping to balance that out a bit.

Also: Cameo appearances by Tim and Lili Schafer!

Wow, Space Citizen collected already over $14 millions. It's a little bit like the car industry, just more affordable and virtual. Sadly, up to now, they haven't designed a ship i really like.

Yep, you're right. Might be due to that so far they're primary flying through space. Anyway, googling Space Citizen or searching for it on Kickstarter also results to the proper project, it seems to be error-redundant.

Seriously?!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1754730583/seriously

I like the idea, the augmentation and the physical aspects for playing together but 50 cards just aren't enough. For a good basic trivia you at least need 100-200 cards/questions. It would kill the physical aspect with all its pros and cons but you could also play this with two iPhones and sell eCards via In-App purchases.

I've just backed this, it looks amazing and such interesting ideas.

Tangiers - Surrealist stealth

308960b0307e8b0645d3b57583c4c473_large.png?1374000491

I think it's cool how the city collapses and rebuilds itself depending on how you interact with it. It'll be interesting to see how they implement that. Also how you can take what people say and change the world. The art looks amazing, so dark and atmospheric.

Needs backers though guys, so throw in a few $$ if you like the look :D

2f16f7e0ef134b817256d28daf104805_large.jpg?1373968238

Jim Walls (creator of Police Quest) has a new Kickstarter up. It's off to a slow start - so let's send some kindness his way!

PRECINCT

If anyone was put off by the heavy price tag of the Precint, there's now 2500 limited game only slots 19 dollars a pop.

Shadow of the Eternal Kickstarter has been live for half a week now.

Anyone who's played Eternal Darkness on Nintendo GameCube will love this. Basically it's a survival horror a la old school survival horror. Uses a lot of Lovecraftian influence, and has a gameplay mechanic using sanity and insanity. It was a totally unique game of its time and now Shadow of the Eternals is it's spiritual successor. Coming out on PC and WiiU. Check it out.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/617502838/shadow-of-the-eternals-0

image.jpg

image.jpg.580e4709d2c365276efa3a2756f1f3

I backed Clique Refresh, an upcoming web comic about a girl and her best friends, guildmates and fellow adventurers in a fictional game called Ether Ruin. It's pretty much a nerd anthem for anyone that finds a true sense of belonging on the internet and within the online gaming community. The artist is the (jokingly infamous?) Amy Falcone from Penny Arcade's web comic talent search show, Strip Search.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/851906756/clique-refresh

d1392c273fc6978bafeae624aa613b27_large.jpg

Adventurezator: When Pigs Fly - this is an adventure game creation kit. While it talks about point and click, it feels to me more like an adventure/RPG hybrid, at least since it looks like puzzles can involve combat.

Data Hacker: Corruption - a massive Dual-plot RPG is the second part of a trilogy of RPG's (created so far in RPG Maker, the third will be in Unity). Ross Tunney, the game's creator, sees himself first as a storyteller, and he's incredible at finishing his projects. This is his third Kickstarter project so far, and I've yet to see anyone producing results so quickly.

LIONESS - "an experimental adventure game about human connection." Ends in 39 hours.

An album of epic orchestral music inspired by the twelve Greek gods of Olympus. Feast your ears!

Olympus, Album of the Gods

LIONESS - "an experimental adventure game about human connection." Ends in 39 hours.

They should put an epilepsy warning on that Kickstarter video. Jesus.

Shadow of the Eternals by precursor games unfortunately failed in their kickstarter, a shame but I'm sure they'll find a way.

Yeah, that's pretty crazy. I've visited their site, but I'm having a lot of trouble understanding what the big appeal is. Is there anything showing what the game is even going to look like? It would be cool if they manage to crowdfund a AAA game though.

Sign in to follow this