Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cool_boy_mew

Chuck's Challenge Kickstarter - Game made by the creator of Chip's Challenge

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/niffler/chucks-challenge-3d

I discovered it a couples of days ago while I was browsing the Kickstarter videogames section. I used to be in a small Chip's Challenge community about 8 years ago, we made custom levels and it was fun. Chuck Sommerville (One of Chip's Challenge creator) posted there once in a while. Chuck really wanted to do a Chip Challenge 2 but he didn't have the rights and the company holding it asked a ridiculous amount for it.

I'm glad to see Chuck still making games, but I'm kind of sad to see that this kickstarter has a big chance of failing, so I'm just trying to pass the word around at least

Wow, these guys don't know how to sell themselves.

I'm not sure what's stranger: showing an Atari Lynx at the beginning of the pitch video, no guarantee of getting the full game in the rewards, or the fact that the game appears to be complete already.

Also, in-game credits? I don't like this...

I imagine that 10$ in game credits = enough to buy the game? I doubt there's no guarantee that you're getting the game, it's just unclear with how they wrote it. Could always go ask the question.

Also the Atari Lynx isn't all that strange because the first release of Chip's Challenge was on the Lynx, but yeah they also should have shown the Windows version

You can get the 2D version on the app store now as far as I know just to see the mechanics.

I imagine that 10$ in game credits = enough to buy the game?

I assume they want to sell the final game for $10, so if they can't simply give free copies of the game, they would credit you back with DLC. Of course, that means if you don't care about the paid DLC in the first place, you would get totally screwed since you would pay the game triple of what they're promising for backers.

Holy hell, what happened? There's a new video by Chuck and suddenly the pledge skyrocket to 6k, maybe there's hope for it to succeed

A 5,000$ pledge happened. I don't think this Kickstarter will make it.

Currently $11,415 with 38 hours to go, it just got something like 30$ more a few minutes ago. About 1,100$ left. They'll do it but really close

Yep. Made it barely.

It really did have one of the strangest pledge movement trends of recent projects, especially with the one huge day that was almost 5x of any other day early in the campaign.

I used to love Chip's challenge ( On the Lynx) , but you guys are right...pretty poor promotion. The Kickstarter also seemed pointless, they should have just done a normal pre-order and they'd also have been able to keep the % from kickstarter.

Sign in to follow this