Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vectorman

What's that smell..

*edit*

Even though I think the image that was here before was relevant and well-deserved, it was mean-spirited, and I'd prefer to keep things nice. So I'll just post this link again instead.

*/edit*

DFAF GUIDE TO DECENCY: http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewannounce/164_21/

Don’t post stupid junk. For instance: Short, one word, meaningless posts. Multiple, repeated posts. Posts that say nothing. Posts that mean nothing. Posts that no one wants to read. Posts that say, “First post!” Irrelevant posts. Inappropriate posts. We know why you are doing this—You want to artificially bump up your post count and achieve new, incredibly-valuable and hilarious post count rankings.

Don’t post stupid junk. For instance: Short, one word, meaningless posts. Multiple, repeated posts. Posts that say nothing. Posts that mean nothing. Posts that no one wants to read. Posts that say, “First post!” Irrelevant posts. Inappropriate posts. We know why you are doing this—You want to artificially bump up your post count and achieve new, incredibly-valuable and hilarious post count rankings.

Well at least I didn't mention Europa..

Whatever Kickstarters this fellow is advertising, I'm not sure I want to get involved.

Internet opinion gestapo make forum experience vitrify murkily.

I thought it was pretty clever myself. :ohh:

Why ya'll hatin on my boi vectorman?

hater-free-zone.jpg

Well I know Charlie is still mad about this thread probably. http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/6545/ I agree with you though. That was pretty good.

@Amemone This wouldn't be the first silly thread we've had here and it definitely won't be the last. Might as well go with it.

@Charlie Lighten up. He's getting better. He seems to know hoe to internet now.

@hot You keep doing your thing. You're awesome.

@Amemone This wouldn't be the first silly thread we've had here and it definitely won't be the last. Might as well go with it.

I'm not strictly opposed to silly threads. One of the first threads I started on this board was a thread with the sole purpose of pointing out that Koji Kondo is secretly Enya.

It's not even a question of its silliness, really. I guess I just see a world where there are two kinds of silly/nonsense threads:

Nonsense Thread A: Funny observation about a topic! Bizarre thing that happened to me! Good-humored joke about a beloved fellow forum member! Jokes that pertain to things!

Nonsense Thread B: Farts! HAHAHAHA! Look at me!

While the latter can be funny in the right contexts, it gets annoying on a forum really fast, which is usually why Random boards are created. Taking things to extremes, I wouldn't mind if I came here one day and found 50 new threads that were like Nonsense Thread A above, but if I came here and found 50 new threads that were like Nonsense Thread B, I would not want to come here anymore. And maybe that's okay. This forum obviously does not revolve around me. I'm just saying for what it might be worth.

It's not that I don't like to have fun or to act silly, it's more that I think forums are for everyone. If I were stuck on a boat for six months with hundreds of passengers, and one of the passengers on the boat thought it was really funny to go around the decks every morning, kicking over all the trash cans and whooping at the other passengers like a cracked-out monkey, that guy would be having a hilariously good time, but he would be getting really annoying to the people he shared space with really fast. I don't think feeling this way means that I don't like or "get" fun or that I'm being a square or a stick in the mud. I just think there is plenty of room for fun without spamming for the lulz. That's just fun at the forum's expense. Maybe some people think the world would be a better place if all forums were more like /b/, but I am not one of those people.

But I obviously call exactly zero shots around here, and I may well be the odd opinion out. I just see nothing at all that is clever or funny about it. It just looks like pointless spam to me. Sorry?

But it's just one thread. Whatevs. I'll wait to get bent out of shape about it until there's a flood of it.

Well I don't think the forums will ever fill up with that many dumb threads. If they do though, there is always the ignore button. You can use that if any members start getting on your nerves for whatever reason. It even hides any threads they make unless you choose to view them.

Thread closed. Vector, I suggest holding off on posting until you know the community more. Hint: No community will change because a new member wants it to be different.