Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Xaromir

T-Shirt Size Chart

Sometimes a L turns out to be a XL or the other way round. Is there a Size-Chart?

Ditto! American body type is not necessarily the standard. I´ll wait for a chart before doing the survey, more than once I have bought t-shirts online and then discovered they were too big or small.

Great idea!

(Maybe on the DF store they have one for the shirts they sell there?)

Largest size shirt I have ever seen here in my part of the EU is a xxxl.

Looking forward to a chart guide :_)

Thanks for starting this topic! I'm always either a L or an XL, and I have no idea which size to pick...

They're using FanGamer who mostly use American Apparel

Thanks! But which one? :S

Nevermind, they all share the same chart.

Btw, the shirt I´m wearing on my avatar is Medium in UK, which in america is Small. LOL. So I never wear it because it´s to tight for me. I ordered online and paid a lot thinking it would fit me well... but no. At least it got used for the profile pic.

They're using FanGamer who mostly use American Apparel

Thanks! But which one? :S

The usual: We print many of our designs on American Apparel's 2001 (unisex size chart) and 2102 (women's size chart) shirts, which are 100% fine jersey cotton.

The 50/50: Shorthand for 50% cotton / 50% polyester, these American Apparel BB401 (unisex size chart) and 2102 (women's size chart) shirts are quickly becoming our favorite garments. They're thinner, lighter, and a little longer than their 100% cotton counterparts.

Tri-blend: A mix of 50% polyester / 25% cotton / 25% rayon, these American Apparel TR401 (unisex size chart) and TR301 (women's size chart) garments are a soft, vintage-feeling fabric with a cut/weight similar to the 50/50.

Btw, the shirt I´m wearing on my avatar is Medium in UK, which in america is Small. LOL. So I never wear it because it´s to tight for me. I ordered online and paid a lot thinking it would fit me well... but no. At least it got used for the profile pic.

All three unisex charts are the same and all three women's charts are the same. ;-)

This link should work and guide you to unisex charts, they're for ALL types.

I assume INCHES are atleast the same... since sizing isn't. I notice Italian stuff I need a XXXXXXXXL and I usually wear a L to XL and I'm a pretty big dude in shoulders and waist.

http://www.americanapparel.net/sizing/default.asp

This is the most I can help.

Hopefully they go with AA, as I actually know my relative size through them(man I love shirt.woot!). Plus the shirts are so comfy...

Read the entire thread dude or dudette, it's been stated that its AA, that's what Fangamer uses and Fangamer is who Double Fine has entrusted to handle the production based on their approvals.

I'm kinda hoping the final shirt is even cooler than what is presented on the kickstarter page.

Here´s the DF fine store clothing size chart:

To see the Men's shirt size chart go here: http://www.anvilknitwear.com/content/view/popup/44807

To see the Women's shirt size chart go here and look under the Size, Color, QTY boxes: http://www.bella.com/favorite-tee.html

Dunno if they´ll use this, but at least for me it was very similar to the American Apparel one.

I´m going with the Fangamer one, those guys are awesome.

Here´s the DF fine store clothing size chart:

http://www.anvilknitwear.com/content/view/popup/44807

Dunno if they´ll use this, but at least for me it was very similar to the American Apparel one.

I´m going with the Fangamer one, those guys are awesome.

In Anvil I'd be doing XL, I know how they fit. I'll swim in 2XL.

I guess being a New Yorker who owns like 500 shirts has its advantages in terms of knowing how certain companies fit.

The bigger you get the more of an issue you have actually, some tailor for longer people some for broader.

200 shirts? You have more than my girlfriend and i combined. Collector?

Hey guys,

I've got to clarify a few things with Fan Gamer first, but I'll get you size charts ASAP! I can tell you for sure that the Men's shirts are American Apparel from XS-XXL though.

Ah man picked the wrong size for me, this is what happends when you get too excited.

Stupid that you only have like 10min to edit any mistakes but should have maybe researched a bit before I picked but like I said got a bit too excited haha.

Sent a message through kickstarter if I can still change size so *fingers crossed*

The bigger you get the more of an issue you have actually, some tailor for longer people some for broader.

200 shirts? You have more than my girlfriend and i combined. Collector?

500, not 200. A lot of them I've gotten for free or limited editions only available at a convention, direct from the designer, etc.

No threadless or geek tees even.

Only one Hot Topic even...

Some are not really limited... like the 4 for $20 you can get from Chinese sellers at NYC street fairs, but I've only seen my Stewie as Kanye once and my Graffiti style Animal once as well.

Hmm ok.. I'll wait 'till the charts to answer the survey, then. Don't want to accidentally get a shirt that I'll have to use as blanket on my bed, or one too small that'll only fit in my hand as a puppet.

The size chart thread should be sticky, btw.

EDIT: Oh, and also, if it's not much to ask, can the chart be in centimeters too? Because some people live in countries where we use the metric system (check out the big brain on Brett!), so it'll be really useful.

I didn't even think to ask for a size chart here! Now I might need to be one of those jerks who changes their shirt size after the fact. Ohhhh woe.

Oh man.... looking at those shirt sizes.... I'm 40inch chest, which means ALWAYS buying L in the UK, but looks like it might mean M in the US...

Could someone help me find a good fit? Looking at this chart (http://www.americanapparel.net/sizing/default.asp?chart=mu.shirts), also posted above, my chest size falls in the lower edge of Large (105cm ~= 41,34") but my waist is XL ( 95cm ~= 37,4"). However if would go for an XL the chest size for the shirt becomes huge(holding the tape measure around my chest at 46" I can fit a hole bunch of stuff into that space). The weird thing is that I don't have a particularly large belly, I'm quite skinny.

Does anyone have experience with American apparel and can give some advice? I would really appreciate it.

EDIT: Oh, and also, if it's not much to ask, can the chart be in centimeters too? Because some people live in countries where we use the metric system (check out the big brain on Brett!), so it'll be really useful.

That's no problem, just use Google: measure e.g. 90 cm, go to Google and type "90cm in inch" and right on top of the page Google answers with "90 centimeters = 35.4330709 inch"

is there a definite answer on which chart one should use to be absolutelly sure?

Since Greg mentioned it's American Apparel, I'd go to their site and find the size chart. That'd be the best bet!

All my T-shirts here in Denmark is Large, so i choose Large as well, youre not gonna tell me that large is not large? and large is suddenly bigger or smaller in other countries? that would be really messed up. Like 10 is 10 here 10 is still 10 in another country, surely cloth sizes are universal ? are they not :S

All my T-shirts here in Denmark is Large, so i choose Large as well, youre not gonna tell me that large is not large? and large is suddenly bigger or smaller in other countries? that would be really messed up. Like 10 is 10 here 10 is still 10 in another country, surely cloth sizes are universal ? are they not :S

Well numbers are numbers (ussualy some cloth makers even use it to tell how big their product is) but when i saw those ridicoulous numbers of X for extraextraextraextra...large i started to doubt that chart i have in mind (consisting only of xs,s,m,l,xl,xxl) will be what they have in mind :)

I'd really like to see some tall sizes. Specifically, I'd like to see XXXLT. I was floored to see 6XL available, but as a big and tall guy I'm often disappointed that I can not find graphic t shirts that not only go around my waist but also reach my waist. In fact, if I cannot get a tall size I'd rather get no shirt at all.

Sign in to follow this