Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Headroom

Look Double Fine & Tim! A brilliant opportunity for Double Fine on XBLM!

I would like some gamerpics and possibly some themes from Double Fine on Xbox Live Marketplace. (What Xbox 360 gamer wouldn't want that on Xbox Live??!!)

Two ideas that come to mind:

•Themes/Gamerpics made by Double Fine Action Comic Artists.

-the idea is to offer unique content from your artists much like

how Penny Arcade does currently on XBLM. Perhaps one grouping of 5 gamerpics per artist to start things out?

•Brütal Legend Theme/Gamerpics to promote awareness of the game.

-Can Sierra do this for you guys/us gamers since they are handling that aspect of things for that IP??

Why should these ideas even be considered? It would extend your brand, your name as a developer, out to the millions of gamers on the Xbox Live community and help increase awareness of your upcoming project(s). The more aware casual and hardcore gamers are to your brand, the more they will be interested in your products and buying them. Also, it would expose your artists names as individuals and further show the creative offerings that Double Fine has always had, which just so happen to be more unique and original than what is on XBLM right now. The benefits of this exposure and making unique content available should also work much like the Double Fine Store where you recieve some of the profits of selling Double Fine licensed content distributed on XBLM (gaining bottom line profit margins).. should they be sold rather than available for free. I, and many others, would be willing and ready to drop some MS points on Double Fine content.

Anyways, I really hope that these ideas are considered even if the other crowds that are non-Xbox gamers don't care in the slightest about this. This isn't intended for them, unless they are jumping in to the Xbox 360 that is. A response from anyone in the loop at Double Fine in regards to if this is remotely possible, would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Brian B. aka Headroom

I actually threw this out there a few months ago in a different post so maybe a second request will get Double Fine to notice that we're willing to give them money for these things. They have this artist Nick Busby doing these really odd and completely random gamer-pics (his website is so strangely amateur looking) so I can't see why they wouldn't want you guys, the extremely talented game oriented artists that you all are, doing some stylish pictures and themes. I want to give you money, you want to take my money, it all works out in the end.

NEW PSYCHONAUTS PACKS ARE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought the PSYCHONAUTS CHICK pack and I am currently sporting a double headed baby my friends!

NEW PSYCHONAUTS PACKS ARE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought the PSYCHONAUTS CHICK pack and I am currently sporting a double headed baby my friends! ( Do not laugh at my generic gamertag I need to change it)

bonethug1392.png

AWESOME OR WHAT? There are some other picture packs that I purchased as well. A total of 3.

Chick Pack + Insane Pack + Sane Pack for 300 MS points (100 points each) isn't too bad imo. Thanks for the heads up, Persona7!

I'm liking the "insane pack" best so far since it has Boyd, GMan, and Dr. Loboto. I am somewhat suprised that they didn't have a pack dedicated to more of the psychocadets from whispering rock, El Odio, and Kochamara, but they did an excellent job for what one's they did use. There are loads more they could add if they wanted to, but these will due (for now). Lol. They could have done a pack dedicated soley to each of the merit badges + a brain + luggage + arrowheads + cobwebs, etc. but those may have been too obscure for the casual non-hardcore gamers of Psychonauts. Btw, the next time I am on Live, these will be bought. Thanks again.

*waits for Brütal Legend ones to be available and waits for reply from Double Fine staff about original topic*

gamerpics.jpg

Look at the awesomeness of these gamerpics.

Now, imagine if they did some for Brütal Legend to promote the game before it comes out..

Holy junk! That's awesome! If doublefine actually sees some of the money paid for these, I will totally buy them.

Sign in to follow this