Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lorenzorlandi

(DFA documentary) DVD or Blu-Ray: what will you get and why? [Poll]

This may sound silly, but while compiling the survey I'm having a hard time in picking DVD or Blu-Ray for the physical copy of the documentary...

While I don't yet own a Blu-Ray reader of any kind, I'm sure I'll have one sooner or later. This apparently makes my choice pretty easy, but than it struck me: what if I just want to bring my DFA documentary Disc over to some friends house, which almost surely won't have a Blu-Ray reader/PS3?

Should I get the future-proof Blu-Ray or the ubiquitous DVD, considering that we'll have a digital HD download anyway?

What will you get and why? :)

I went for Blu-ray, simply because I have a player, and I like to get the best video quality if I can get it.

I plan on buying it in Blu-Ray. I have a PS3 so it would be silly to get the DVD.

I chose DVD.

I have a Blu-ray player but my MacBook Pro doesn't.

woah..... Everyone went for blu-ray? I'm behind the times. I have nothing that plays blu-ray, and everyone I know still uses DVDs...

DVD is sooo last decade :)

Heh, but seriously; Blu-ray player or not.

I want the most future-oriented format with the best possible quality. Thus, blu-ray is the only viable option for me.

I also had a really hard time deciding, for the same reasons.

I did decide on Blu-Ray for the future argument. I don't know anyone who owns a Blu-Ray player so far, but I think I will get one sooner or later...

DVD is more compatible with the stuff I have, but BluRay is more shiny!

And hell, as soon as I get it both are going to be ripped to my NAS so I might as well get the HD Disk.

I want Double Fine to come to my house and re-enact the making of the game live, like in the good old times. I don't need any of this fancy new tech...

(I get the Blu-Ray btw.)

Blu-ray. It's just such a pain to go back to DVD. And there will be a digital copy anyways, so compatibility isn't an issue for me.

its a shame they didnt go for the BB/DVD/Digital combo box......

Would have loved that... I was going to suggest this to the team, but than realized that if everyone selected this option (and I bet many would) it would probably raise significantly the estimated cost of rewards-making... and we don't want to subtract any other money from the actual game, riiight? :)

in other news: is there a way I can view the Poll results without voting, in this forum?

Since I only have a normal sized TV, it would be silly for me to go for BlueRay.

I could go with Bluray, since I have both a Bluray burner and a PS3..

But.. if I wanted to show it to my friends or family, who don't have a bluray player.. a dvd will get me farther.

Besides, I don't need 1080p resolution for a documentary - except oscar awarded "Inside Job" where it worked well.

went with dvd. i see no reason to re-buy everything i already own when dvd quality is already good enough for me.

We will ask again at the end of production in case anyone changes their mind. Just wanted to have some kind of idea as to the quantities we would be ordering for budgeting reasons.

went with dvd. i see no reason to re-buy everything i already own when dvd quality is already good enough for me.

Blu-ray players can play back DVDs (better than DVD players, afaik), so you don't need to re-buy anything.

I chose the Blu-ray because it would be the best quality. I wouldn't choose the DVD option because in the back of my mind, I am thinking I could burn my own discs with the HD download if I ever want to own a "DVD" copy.

I went for Blu-ray, simply because I have a player, and I like to get the best video quality if I can get it.

What he said :)

I choose DVD, I know is from the last century but I haven´t plains to get a Blu-Ray reader.

I will download in HD.

We will ask again at the end of production in case anyone changes their mind. Just wanted to have some kind of idea as to the quantities we would be ordering for budgeting reasons.

Great news. I had to ponder this for quite a long time. One is more versatile, the other is very pretty.

I went with DVD so I can watch it on my xbox and my pc. I do have a blue ray player in my house but trying to find time to watch it on the family big screen is more of a hassle than it is worth.

Sign in to follow this