Double Fine Action Forums

Yeah Smiles Super Fun-Pancake Deluxe with 20 pills on top :)

Anyone got a picture?

Wow, this thread is amazing! great pancake thoughts!!

Yes, no polls.

DF should definitely tell us what pancakes they eat. I want to see this in the next documentary post!

I agree! And they should make one episode about pancakes!!

Or a game about pancake.

Pancake adventures ;)

There might be a problem with localisation, you know? Different cultures, different pancakes... Anyway, I vote for quark cheese and spinach. Who's in?

How do you all feel a out crêpes? I prefer them, actually. Plus, you can do sweet or savory. Ham and havarti or Nutella and bananas, yes please.

How do you all feel a out crêpes? I prefer them, actually. Plus, you can do sweet or savory. Ham and havarti or Nutella and bananas, yes please.

I don't want to sound xenophobic, but isn't crêpe just a fancy word for a normal (Scandinavian?) pancake? I mean is there a difference between a pancake and a crêpe? French backers, we need you!

I had great crêpes in Paris, there are great ones, a few crappy ones, but it's difficult to get it wrong there.

Yes, no polls.

DF should definitely tell us what pancakes they eat. I want to see this in the next documentary post!

I agree! And they should make one episode about pancakes!!

Or a game about pancake.

Pancake adventures ;)

There might be a problem with localisation, you know? Different cultures, different pancakes... Anyway, I vote for quark cheese and spinach. Who's in?

I usually prefer crepes as well but I just had that yesterday so I'd like something else.

But I guess I could settle with Crepes too... ;)

Just checked Wikipedia (the free encyclopedia), they say the Ancient Greeks made pancakes.

Man, I can just picture Aristotle eating Pancakes and talking about Causality.

I don't want to sound xenophobic, but isn't crêpe just a fancy word for a normal (Scandinavian?) pancake? I mean is there a difference between a pancake and a crêpe? French backers, we need you!

Crepes:

VS

Pancake:

Just checked Wikipedia (the free encyclopedia), they say the Ancient Greeks made pancakes.

Man, I can just picture Aristotle eating Pancakes and talking about Causality.

Aristotle would never have talked with his mouth full. He had class.

Crepes:

VS

Pancake:

You know this means someone will post a poll on this, don't you?

And you know that this poll will need at least 1 more answer?

I can't accept a split between French crepes and American yyyy... things... What about the so called Scandinavian pancakes? The normal ones?

I can't accept a split between French crepes and American yyyy... things... What about the so called Scandinavian pancakes? The normal ones?

Sure !!! But my vote goes to CREPES, I have to warn you ;)

Anyhow... after all... you know what: that could be the most useful poll we had for a while ;)

Fair observation, so it should probably be a poll about "your favorite pancake nationality"...

Ooohhh it must feature Belgian Waffles! I'm guessing it's Du Bois' favorite!

Actually, they seem to be pretty darned similar. I usually omit the salt if I'm making sweet crêpes, though.

Hello beautiful backers!

We've had a lot of people write to us in the past few weeks saying that they didn't find out about this project until it was too late to pledge. There were also a good amount of people that weren't able to get an Amazon Payment account set up for whatever reason. And there were others who were hoping they could get a friend involved.

Because of this, we are planning to add a PayPal button to our website to allow people to pre-order the game for $15. They would also be given access to the backer forums and the beta. This would not only really benefit the studio, but would also allow more people to join in on all our fun.

We just wanted to give you all a heads up. Let us know what you think!

As much as I like (and admire) pancakes, I would like to say a little something about the pre-orders. Deep breath...

If I had missed out on the kickstarter backing for any reason, it's nice to think that I could have been given a second chance through a pre-order. Discussions about profit, exclusivity and integrity have some validity but, ultimately, this is about giving some other individuals the chance to join in. I think that is an admirable thing to do.

As much as I like (and admire) pancakes, I would like to say a little something about the pre-orders. Deep breath...

Yes it is possible to pre-order pancakes I think :)

For a moment I thought, we were going offtopic... Uh, that was close...

:)

[del][/del][del][/del]

[del][/del][del][/del]

5777087428_0e0980ccb7_o.gif

[del][/del][del][/del]

[del][/del][del][/del]

For a moment I thought, we were going offtopic... Uh, that was close...

:)

Heh. Yeah... sorry. Missed out on all the heated debate earlier and couldn't help myself. So anyway, as I was saying...

100g/4oz plain flour

1 tbsp caster sugar

a pinch of salt

1 egg

150ml/5fl oz coconut milk

1 tbsp melted butter, plus extra for brushing

a few drops of vanilla extract

a good pinch of grated lemon zest

a little oil or butter for making the pancakes and for greasing the pan

10-12 tbsp fresh grated coconut

1 tbsp golden raisins

80g/3oz palm molasses or jaggery, coarsely grated (or brown sugar)

¼tsp ground cardamom

¼tsp nutmeg, grated

...that's all you need to make delicious coconut pancakes. You're welcome.

I'm all for allowing preorders. If someone wants to join in, but was a little late, he should be able to... after all, we're gamers, we tend to forget time every now and then.

Share & enjoy

Btw. will the new money also be used for funding the game? If so, i would be curious about the final sum the game will raise in the end.

I finally went for the classics:

coconut-pancakes-10.jpg

What do you think, did I make the right choice?

All of you who argue that forums exclusivity is not important, or that YOU don't have any issue with opening them up, fail to see the problem. It's not about what you or I think, but about integrity and keeping your word.

About opening the forums, beta access, pancakes and everything... well, I couldn't care less. More people, the better for DF... but... more important than money is to respect the whole backer community, that perfect storm, and what we did... you have to do what it's right, no matter what, although we say it's a great idea. We are mostly fans, so... if they ask some pretty pretty please the answer will be yes for sure.

And at first sight, I dont see it as something sooo important... but maybe, it's not sooo important just right now, when mostly there's is just funny polls around. This looks more like any other forum on the site. But maybe later we'll have more real game development info (detailed one), the game economics, real official-polls, etcetc... and as a developer, that's the kind of thing I would be interested, and that's a pricey-inside info... so we shouldnt dismiss the forum reward as if it's not a good one. It's one of the best... but, anyway, I wanted the boxed edition, so I didnt go for the 15$ tier... but what if the backer-exclusive box edition and tshirt is later on every retail, just the same... I think would feel a bit cheated. I would feel like maybe I could have waited just to see if I liked the game or whatever... but what we backers really did was to give them money blindly and trustfully. So... that trust is what we are talking about here, not any forum exclusivity.

So for me... I think it's ok if they do a pre-order... as I said, more money, the better for DF... and if the money goes to make a better game or to have more localized versions, better then. So if they want to make a pre-order, it's great... do it for 15$ if you want, 20$ or whatever... but dont touch the forum exclusivity and beta access. That was the reward for 47946 backers.

I dont mind more people here, but you cant ask real money and real trust, and change the rules later... I encourage DF to make a pre-order, but think for something else as reward... like a price discount or something that dont interfere with what kickstarter campaign was.

I finally went for the classics:

What do you think, did I make the right choice?

American pancakes with pomegranate and блины́ with икра... So close and yet so far! Amazing!

bliny-z-kawiorem_Contimax-SA.jpg

About ... pancakes and everything... well, I couldn't care less...

Sorry, but I think pancakes are far more serious than what you think. There are so many great ideas on this thread.

People have been so helpful here, I'm sure you have more thoughts about the better pancakes.

Sure who doesn't allow pre-orders nowadays? They shouldn't be allowed anything above the $15 tier obviously. But maybe they could pre-order special editions of the game. Both a boxed and a digital download special edition would be available, it would include stuff like the documentary and maybe the soundtrack for the game.

Fun pills and sleds for everyone. :)

Smiles

>:( Don't peddle me your vile wares, Dr Feelg... Did you say "sleds"?

I want a sled :down:

Back on topic: chicken, cheese and bell pepper stuffed crepes, breaded and fried:

zmSb6.jpg