Double Fine Action Forums

Yeah, sure. Bring 'em in, Daddyos.

Just don't give them the keys to the sex dungeon.

Or mention we have a sex dungeon.

I think it's more valuable as a secret-to be honest-because you catch more flies with honey than you do sex dungeons.

Unless of course you have honey in your dungeon, which we most certainly don't.

Great! I know my colleague is one of those people who was too late! Any information about when this will be available? 2 week? 2 months?

I don't see why not? Every contributor to this project is welcome. After all pre-ordering 1 year earlier a game is more or less like backing it.

Go for it.

Edit: You should consider keeping a running tally of funds raised this way, much like the Wasteland page is doing. (Maybe make it only viewable to those with access to the backer forums.)

i think that it is a good idea, if this will make the game much better then i am all for it!

I think an option for pre-order is a great idea.

Though I would have imagined the retail price being a tad higher than the original backing. Like the usual "help us kickstart it and get it for this much, rather than paying that much later, once it hits the market". Nothing that really bugs me, though. And, since there's no 5% kickstarter fee, it is more profitable for you anyways.

Though I would have imagined the retail price being a tad higher than the original backing.

Agree but.. well, it's always a preorder price, a lot of preorder prices expire near the end. Could be still true in this case too.

This would not only really benefit the studio, but would also allow more people to join in on all our fun.

Go for it then :-)

I have no issue with more people putting in more cash.

I counter of how may people, and how much more cash you have raised from Paypal would be cool though.

Hi Greg,

I think it's a great idea, if more people want to join the fun they are more than welcome!

One question for you Greg (pretty much on the same subject): is there any chance for people who already backed to "top up" their donation? ... I'm a bit jealous about the guys who will have their name in the credits and wanted to give the missing amount to get that kinda award. :P

Great idea, I was hoping this'd happen. Could you keep us informed on sales figures for that too? (edit: oh, you already said you would. Cool!) I think it'd be interesting.

We'll definitely share how many folks back through Paypal periodically!

Then I am totally fine with it.

Go for the extra cash!!111!! :-)

Go for it. But I'd love to see updates on progress :). Am so addicted to watching numbers get bigger on Kickstarter...

I'm actually relieved to hear this is happening! One of my mild worries about the project would be that the game would be completed with the Kickstarter funds and then proceed to make little to no money afterwards, because more or less everyone who would have been interested in it had already bought into the Kickstarter. If there's enough interest out there that it's worth setting up pre-orders then it sounds like I needn't be worried on that front.

I think people might have been a bit more annoyed if some of the higher-tier rewards were opened up after the fact - those should be reserved for people who made the Kickstarter a success. But I don't think anyone could reasonably get buttmad about you guys selling the game we paid you to make. :)

More money = More game - How can we be unhappy about that :)!? Like someone else said, the more the merrier, and as long as they've chipped in they should have their say among the many tens of thousands that already have!

Yeah, do it, let the people (buy their way) in.

(And thanks for asking, Greg!)

I thought paypal's policy on pre-orders was that you have to supply the product within 20 days of the payment. I remember the Pandora handheld Linux games console project was funded by pre-orders and PayPal decided to refund all the orders. (As the delivery date would have been greater than 20 days).

I suppose you could get round it by saying they are buying premium access to the forums, along with a subscription to the documentry and they get a free copy of the game when it's released.

Edit: Getting my facts right.

As everyone I think it's a good idea. I honestly don't care for exclusivity now. The T-Shirt and Poster are all the smugness I need to feel better than my fellow man.

So if you can raise even more money in advance, that's great. I assume this would not affect the game's budget in any way, but rather would be a nice buffer to take from if the game runs over budget, or if the coffee machine breaks down, or any other emergency like that.

If the coffee machine breaks, we can expect no game at all:

You just lost the game.jpg

578d002185bc4_Youjustlostthegame.jpg.6d7

I'm going against the grain and saying this sucks :-) At least rename the "Backer-Only" section to "Backer and Whoever Wants to Pre-Order" forum :-)

Heck ya I'm all for it. Whatever helps DF out makes me happy. I can understand that the awareness and marketing around the kickstarter was limited, and that many people weren't able to be backers even if they have wanted to.

One might at first glance think this devalues us kickstarters, but it really doesn't. Kickstarter backers get EXTRA stuff.

Pre-orders get the game, and maybe can stream the documentary.

Other games have pre-orders all the time. I don't want to be some cheap kid who want it to be special just for me/us.

The more the merrier.

Great idea. If you are going to do pre-orders, now would be the most profitable time. The ability to see the documentary, play the beta as the game development progresses and being able to provide feedback is a unique proposition.

I'll probably enjoy the journey of this game's development just as much or even more than the actual game itself.

Good idea. It'll be great to expand the awesomeness we have going, since there are probably a lot of backers who would've loved to be a part of the kickstarter campaign but never knew about it!

Smiles