Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hermii

Good voice actors

I think it would be really cool if they could hire some B-rated actors to do a bit of the voice acting. Get Wil Wheaton or something up in there. Haha.

Problem with Nolan North is that these days he pops out of every game!

Can we actually have a Nolan North free game?

Personally I think the greatest voice actors are Rob Paulsen & Maurice Lamarche. They were the team behind Pinky & The Brain along a giant list of credits I don't care to write down. I'm not sure if they have much experience doing voice work for video games but they are extremely talented voice actors.

As a massive Invader Zim fan, I was very pleasantly surprised when I first heard Raz's voice.

Would be great if Richard Steven Horvitz made some kind of cameo in DFA :)

By the way, as this is my first post I just wanted to say hey to all fellow backers and wish Double Fine the best of luck with this project. Strange and wonderful things are happening!

Felecia day would be awesome! She's pretty huge star power, but maybe she'd be willing to help out for less then she's used to because it's such a revolutionary type of game ? Sure hope DF contacts her.

As far as a good female voice actor, I have to go with Jennifer Hale, she has been in the business a long time and is very good at it. For those of you who don't know she was the voice of Bastila in Old republic games, the female storm trooper in the MMO old republic game. Plus she did Sheppard's voice in Mass Effect.

What about Elias Toufexis? Shameless Canadian plug here but I can't help it as he has a voice that is incredibly distinct. Most will know him as the voice of Adam Jensen in Deus Ex: HR. He's also on CBC Radio here in Canada. Just wanted to give a shout out. Also I'm on board with Mark Hamil and Tim Curry as well, love their talent.

Elias Toufexis' IMDB Page

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1340118/

Admittedly he doesn't have an adventure game background but on just the basis of his voice alone he's a great choice IMHO and he does have some Video Game voice work.

I'm a huge fan of Mark Hamill's voicework :)

Ditto. Shame he will be doing no more Joker. :(

As far as a good female voice actor, I have to go with Jennifer Hale, she has been in the business a long time and is very good at it. For those of you who don't know she was the voice of Bastila in Old republic games, the female storm trooper in the MMO old republic game. Plus she did Sheppard's voice in Mass Effect.

One of my Female Favs. Main reason I played FemShep in ME.

I'd like to second just about every name mentioned in this thread, there are so many awesome voice actors out there! Personally, though he may be too easily recognizable, I just adore Stephen Merchant's voice. He was so wonderful as Wheatley in Portal 2, he lent so much charm to the character. I'd love to see him continue working in the game industry.

I don't think I really have a favourite, but when I think "cool voice actor" in my head, Tara Strong is the first I think of.

But that's because of the whole My Little Pony thing. Also, around the middle of the first season of that I decided to watch every Powerpuff Girls episode including the specials and the movie.

Tim and the guys should hire Brandon Keener to voice act in the game. That will up the revenue by 200% just because of the influx of fangirls wanting to hear Garrus' voice again.

David Hayter just mentioned how he was excited to get away from voicing Snake and try out some new things. I'm interested to see what he's going to be up to.

Also, I enjoyed just about all the voice actors in Kid Icarus: Uprising! Best voice acting in any Nintendo game, not that there's much competition in that category.

Mark Hamill's Joker will probably be my favorite version of the character. I'm glad that he became a talented voice actor.

Lastly, I really enjoy Robin Atkin Downes' work in No More Heroes and Peace Walker. He's been popping up in a lot of stuff lately, and I hope he continues to do so.

H. Jon Benjamin, he adds so much personality to the characters he voices.
Oh, yeah! I forgot to mention Patrick Warburton. He's another great voice actor.

Agreed. Those two have something special even though they very rarely put on different voices.

I'm a big fan of John diMaggio too.

Sign in to follow this