Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Autumn

whats with all the metal discrimination?

ok so i came on here to try to find out any new exciting news

and i keep coming across ppl slaying tim's ideas for a heavy metal game

i mean music is a sensitive issue, but saying that the ideas dumb and heavy metal

is a lifeless source for an idea is stupid, when you havent even played the game yet.

Hes using a personal point of interest and

its not like u could do it on another genre of music and still have the amount of ideas

and with power and creativity behind, and thats my opinion,. eg.? rap,country,pop, techno? ugh.

lol and yes i am a metal fan.

Who's been slaying it? We think it's a great idea! No need to get mad, my good sir!

If you've been reading around people really like it alot. If your talking about people on another board saying that, then, well, I don't know what you're trying to say of people hating the idea, but as far as I've seen people like it.

lol u r a metal fan

(Huh, a game based on techno? That would probably make me laugh much.)

I trust you are speaking of another forum/board? Certainly, metal is not loved by everyone; but I do not think anyone here would go so far as to say they were less than excited about the game.

But here it feels as though we are part of the Double Fine family. We ran to their warm embrace when they opened their giant arms, and now we are hear to stay, for better or worse. Like a neighbours kids in the back of your car.

well i saw one on here, questioning the idea of heavy metal for a game, and ive seen it in other places aswell. but very thinnly.

im excited aswell, i just dont like the idea of a very creative piece being knocked before it has presented itself properly, nor

the fact that some one said, and i quote "The thing with heavy metal is that it’s just dumb and stupid" i mean that is in a way

demeaning the whole basis of the game. thats whats giving this masterpiece its intensity and power. all im saying is

ppl shouldnt deface an idea just cuz their tastes dont suit.

and i wouldnt say a game was stupid just cuz it has a 'techno soundtrack' or something its about the game and is creative and entertaining values. which anyone is yet to see in depth.

lol woo cant wait for this game.

I guess I'll admit that I'm not overly excited about it. However it is not because I think metal is distasteful or its use is 'unoriginal', it just isn't my cup of tea. I listen to a few metal based bands, but not enough to be considered a fan. However, I do think BL will be a great game, and I'm sure it's highly strange and creative. But I am more into Tim's psychology and intellectual-based ideas, and therefore I'll still stand by Psychonauts over BL.

i rly rly lik rok, sooooo i dont no why u all got 2 be so mean.

BL will be like rly good and stuff

lol srsly guyz

y u no like

other musics = sux

Sincerely,

Kashak

and i wouldnt say a game was stupid just cuz it has a 'techno soundtrack' or something its about the game and is creative and entertaining values. which anyone is yet to see in depth.

lol woo cant wait for this game.

I never said that, now did I?

(Huh, a game based on techno? That would probably make me laugh much.)

I was merely taking the idea you, that's right, that YOU SAID, and imagining it. Good job at reading posts. You're fantastic at it. Seriously, sheer magnifigance!!! And where the heck do you claim that you even saw then insult on here??

But seriously, I haven't seen anyone here diss that. Stop acting so angry. This is a positive environment of peace, love, and fine cheeses. Nobody should be sad here. Be GLAD here! And maybe buy some glad trash bags too! Those are wonderful!

I saw one thread here going 'omg metal is teh dumbzor' but no one agreed with him. So I wouldn't worry too much.

I get the feeling most gamers are into metal, though, so it'll probably sell better than Psychonauts did.

Hurray!

Well this forum is like 90% hardcore DF supporters so even if someone did make a comment it was probably some stupid twat.

I’m sure it’s highly strange and creative. But I am more into Tim's psychology and intellectual-based ideas, and therefore I'll still stand by Psychonauts over BL.

Who's to say BL won't be intellectual?

Good call. I didn't actually mean it the way it came out... on your screen. I really was referring to 'intectual' as having to do with the subject itself. BL, I'm sure, will have an intellectual (and humorous) stand point on the subject of metal, which I look forward to.

I get the feeling most gamers are into metal, though, so it'll probably sell better than Psychonauts did.

Hurray!

I highly agree, especially since it's getting more publicity than Psychonauts did.

While I don't like metal music at all, I have firm belief that this game will be good. It's a really interesting world, with awesome design aspects, and I have faith that Mr. Schafer will deliver a totally awesome storyline and characters.

In short, Brutal Legend will still be awesome, metal or not!

That's a very good thing to hear from someone who is not into Metal. As a Metalhead, I always though that the Metal Universe was an awesome concept but I never knew if others, who were not into Metal, would also feel about it when it came into the format of a game. I am hoping that this game shows what Metal is really about because I believe that many people have incorrect vision of what Metal is truly about. Maybe and hopefully this game will help to get others to like the music that I love. And hopefully this game will help people to understand the difference between what is and is not Metal (not that it is perfect, but check out this video for an example of what is and what should not be considered Metal (again not perfect)).

Sign in to follow this