Sign in to follow this  
Handsolo

Adventure Game taking place in the Internet World

Just a quick thought. Wouldn't it be neat to have an adventure game that takes places involving the massive mixing pot of internet culture? NPCs could be memes new and forgotten, visiting something awful and 4chan...I don't know. What do you think?

I don't want something I see everyday. The world is full of the internet already.

It's hard to make a game based on the rapidly changing "entity" that is the Internet. Making a full fledged game of that sort sounds risky because a lot would rely on the cliché of making fun or hamhandedly referencing websites.

Many things COULD be neat...

Question is:

Do you have a concrete idea to work with? What's the story?

Do you know how to make such a game really attractive for the audience?

That's where the real work starts. If you get more concrete about the idea, then maybe we can tell you if it's neat or not (but not regarding the DFA project, just in general). Right now I don't see a game here, only a very vague setting that could be boring or not. I don't see the essential characters, a story...

seems like something that would feel outdated before it's even released.

Tron?

Or an X-rated Freakazoid?

Freakazoid would be pretty awesome, I personally loved it :D

I second ragz, most or all internet memes which are established enough to be used in that kind of context are already dead horses which have been flogged into oblivion. I'd rather see what DF can do with free reign to explore their own ideas, than have them riff on already popular ones.

If a puzzle game taking place on the (early) internet sounds interesting to you you might want to google a free game called Digital: A Love Story.

Edit: The maker of Digital also made another game called Don't Take It Personally, Babe, It Just Ain't Your Story. It has a little less to do with the internet than Digital but it might appeal to you more. In DTIPBIJAYS you play the part of a teacher that spies on his students private communications on some sort of special school internet which includes a private message system, a pseudo facebook, and a pseudo 4chan. Yes memes and net slang are abundant in the game. Also a little nudity just a heads up.

Isn't the internet ALREADY a point-and-click adventure? =P

Isn't the internet ALREADY a point-and-click adventure? =P

Zing!

Sign in to follow this