Sign in to follow this  
Frisbyjo

Space Quest Team Reunited - New Game in the Works!

Stars really are in the right alignment this year.

Indeed. I'm crossing my fingers for an announcement or a kickstarter for the long-rumored Beneath a Steel Sky sequel.

It's not only adventure games. Nintendo is thinking about making a sequel to Zelda A Link to the Past.

Here's a nice article that sort of explains the Mark/Scott make up scenario... vaguely. Looks like the Virtual Broomcloset (the SQ fansite at the end of the universe (or at least one of the last to survive almost twenty years without news), is going to make a comeback too).

Amazing times, these!

And here are the official twitter accounts, should anyone want to follow them:

Scott Murphy, Mark Crowe & the Two Guys from Andromeda twitter accounts.

Y'know, I haven't seen any mention anywhere that they plan to use Kickstarter to fund this project. Sure it's possible, but I don't think we should assume it.

Speaking of Space Quest, I didn't like 6 but I DID like 5. 5 may have been my favorite; I liked its comic book style and Star Trek vibe. It's too bad it didn't have voiceovers.

@Untoldent

They must offer extremely yummy shards (licorice, peppermint, chocolate based?) where you're living.

Anyway what's the best sf point&click; in your opinion?

@Untoldent

They must offer extremely yummy shards (licorice, peppermint, chocolate based?) where you're living.

Anyway what's the best sf point&click; in your opinion?

I don't know about best; but Space Quest 3 is my all time favorite. Best would probably have to go to Day of the Tentacle.

Speaking of Space Quest, I didn't like 6 but I DID like 5. 5 may have been my favorite; I liked its comic book style and Star Trek vibe. It's too bad it didn't have voiceovers.

Agreed completely. I missed some of the darker pulp sci-fi buck rogers vibe that was lost in 5, but it was probably the best designed in terms of puzzles and it was well written and funny. Great game.

Is this really a coincidence that I buy/bought (inexperienced!) old adventure games (especially Sierra, too) this year?

I pledged--would love to play a new Space Adventure game a la Space Quest. www.tgakick.com

Sign in to follow this