Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gsm

Hey DF & 2PP staff, introduce yourselves

We offer you the unique opportunity to talk with us, backers of adventure. We are an elite group of people with extra cash to spare, making dreams come true.

We call ourselves special, not Forrest Gump special, but special nonetheless.

We already had some dealings with Greg giving us official words, one 2PP Paul is very responsive and fun to talk to, we miss the other 2PP Paul, and got a little of DF Paul. Asif comes to visit from time to time and even Laura said hi. Sorry if I missed someone or neglected someone's role, I think Gabe had a comment at some point, but really, we know you are out there. Anyway, you are all invited, newcomers and veterans alike, from janitors to executives, tell us whatever you'd like. Even if you don't work on DFA directly we would like to get to know you.

Oh, one thing you should know before we get started, we don't pay much attention to one fellow, what's his name?... Tom?... Tad?... Tim? Yes, I think it was Tad. Many thought he's a god or a goat, but we're not really sure what's his role around here so many chose to ignore him. Therefore, please don't tell him about this thing, he'll spoil the fun.

Very good initiative gsm!

Come, we're not that scary... Just tell us what kind of pancakes you like (type, radius, stuffing) and we'll become the bestest friends!

Very good initiative gsm!

Indiddlydeed!

(Initially wanted to send a PM to gsm, but Krzysztof screwed the thread up already so who cares) ;D

[del][/del][del][/del]

[del][/del][del][/del]

You may see Asif posting on the boards every so often, but you shouldn't hold your breath expecting Paul Owens to show up. He does the majority of the editing and is thus very busy. Not much of the forum posting type either.

You may see Asif posting on the boards every so often, but you shouldn't hold your breath expecting Paul Owens to show up. He does the majority of the editing and is thus very busy. Not much of the forum posting type either.

Thanks Paul! I'll take this opportunity to say that I love your feedback to this forum, really shows you know your stuff. Greater people already said it, but I'll say it again, the documentary is incredible! Other projects should wish to have you guys with them.

We hope the rest of the team knows we would love to hear from them.

Thanks Paul! I'll take this opportunity to say that I love your feedback to this forum, really shows you know your stuff. Greater people already said it, but I'll say it again, the documentary is incredible! Other projects should wish to have you guys with them.

We hope the rest of the team knows we would love to hear from them.

Thanks for your support!

Yeah it would be pretty cool if team members could keep a small blog of what they are dealing with in the development as well!

Cool it would, I'm thinking they may be under restrictions to talk about other games and they probably want to release info about DFA in a controlled manner, but you know, anything goes.

Even if restrictions apply, we can talk about gaming in general, recent games, other kickstarters, development tools even things unrelated to directly to gaming - how to draw TV cartoon characters, great music, the possibilities are infinite. I assume there are creative people at DF who would find SOMETHING to say even after identifying themselves as DF.

Levering_2pp is certainly good at this, I think he answered almost every question and provided info that doesn't tell us about the game or the documentary and was still very interesting to learn. He simply went for clear communication that works.

I'm sure we'll respect whatever they choose, but I do think it's something needed here. So DF - unleash yourselves, show us what you got.

Hi, I'm Greg!!!!!!!!!!! Let's be freinds.

Welcome Greg.

Look backers, first response from DF, and it's Greg!

Maybe he'll agree to answer some questions. Nice opportunity.

I'll go with the very simple, what's your favorite non-Schafer game and why?

Hi everyone, I'm... oh wait, wishful thinking :P

Hi everyone, I'm... oh wait, wishful thinking :P

They do have job openings.

Anyhow, anyone else interested in an open chat with DF/2PP? If so, raise topics of your own. Greg could be just the beginning if this goes well.

Anyhow, anyone else interested in an open chat with DF/2PP? If so, raise topics of your own. Greg could be just the beginning if this goes well.

I would love to simply know who is who in DF, just that. Once we get in touch the topics will come naturally.

I am sure you are a group of amazing people and since we will be "working together" for some time it would be nice to get a bit closer. Not creepy close though, don't worry...

I very much enjoyed the streaming of the last hour of Kickstarter when people were approaching the camera in small groups. We didn't see everyone then, but that was a good start. I hope this thread is a chance to take the next step. I'm looking forward to that!

I would love to simply know who is who in DF, just that. Once we get in touch the topics will come naturally.

I am sure you are a group of amazing people and since we will be "working together" for some time it would be nice to get a bit closer. Not creepy close though, don't worry...

I very much enjoyed the streaming of the last hour of Kickstarter when people were approaching the camera in small groups. We didn't see everyone then, but that was a good start. I hope this thread is a chance to take the next step. I'm looking forward to that!

Certainly, that would be best. Given none of the others have taken the opportunity, I'll go with what we have now and hope others will jump in.

How about this thread will be for introduction and we open a specific thread with Greg to talk on unrelated DFA matters?

Others - invitation is still open, don't be shy, we are a friendly 87,142 headed creature.

...with benefits?

Smiles

...with benefits?

Smiles

It is sooooooo creepy with "smiles" at the end ;D

*licks his eyebrows in a friendly manner*

Look how happy Greg is reading your posts:

2zz6t5h.jpg

Hi Everybody! (hears everyone say 'Hi Dr Nick!' in my head)

I'm Laura. I run the DF Shop (as you can see) and I also am the Office Manager of Double Fine. I like banana pancakes, Pusheen, and American football (and parentheses). I don't like onions, spiders (although I try to let them live as long as they aren't touching me) and auto-tune.

Yeah, that's it.

*edit*

Oh yeah, no benefits with this friendship... Just good old fashioned friends who meet every once in a while and chat about stuff. :coolsmile:

I'm Laura. I run the DF Shop (as you can see) and I also am the Office Manager of Double Fine. I like banana pancakes, Pusheen, and American football (and parentheses). I don't like onions, spiders (although I try to let them live as long as they aren't touching me) and auto-tune.

Yeah, that's it.

Hi Laura!

Great to see you here :)

Are you ready for the 100 yes/no question we prepared backstage?

I heard the same thing, get out of my head!

Yeah, that's it.

*edit*

I was wondering, are you the one who appeared in the pitch video? It was brief, there was a dude constantly talking about something, I forget what it was.

Oh yeah, no benefits with this friendship... Just good old fashioned friends who meet every once in a while and chat about stuff. :coolsmile:

I think Smiles was referring to the benefits of interaction, what were you referring? :)

Yeah, that's it.

Hi Laura!

Great to see you here :)

Are you ready for the 100 yes/no question we prepared backstage?

Is that our first question we prepared?

I was wondering, are you the one who appeared in the pitch video? It was brief, there was a dude constantly talking about something, I forget what it was.

Pssst! gsm! I think you are referring to Allison ;)http://www.2playerproductions.com/blog/levering/327-making-the-pitch

Oh right, you see I have a problem with people and names :lol: At least I got Greg right. I did, right???

So have we seen Laura?

Maybe Allison plans to join our party any time soon too, and maybe the great Du Bois' will have something to say.

The more the merrier.

This is for Laura and Laura only. So everyone else, stop reading now.

To compensate on a stupid question here you go

tumblr_lmhmojMC7R1qhy6c9o1_400_thumb.gif

This picture was taken after Pusheen ate a banana pancake.

Oh, and this of course ((()))()()()()

Now, what do I send Greg for getting his picture wrong?

Awesome stuff people! We know 2PP is covered and several DF new/increased interactions already. Oliver didn't post here, but his thread is great!

My Stalker™ board shows another 45 DF people who are not active here.

Don't miss out on the opportunity to speak with us DF. We don't bite, just nibble a bit.

I am prepared to answer any and all questions!

You have seen me. I was in Episode 1 a few times but if you saw the video for the Brutal Legend Pack of Brutality we sold last year then you saw me.

That picture of Pusheen was adorable gsm! It makes me want a cupcake now...

Sign in to follow this