Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gsm

Hey DF & 2PP staff, introduce yourselves

Hi guys! So great to have you all here!

What else is placed ~4m from Patrick?

Yep, we'll soon need a map, but don't confuse them with the metric system, not yet at least.

Hey everyone! I'm Dave Russell a.k.a. DaveR, Rusty, Crusty, Hey You, That Guy, etc

I'm a character artist at DF and have been at the company for about 11 years. Yep, long time but why would anyone leave if they got the chance to have a hand in creating Raz, Linda the Lungfish, Eddie Riggs and so many more characters that our awesome concept artists have come up with over the years? I've worked on Psychonauts, Brutal Legend, and Stacking, among others. Currently, I'm hard at work on a little game that you may have heard about recently called "The Cave".

Also, I'm so far away from Patrick that I can't even see him anymore. :(

I'll try to check out this thread when I get the chance if anyone has any character modeling or rigging questions. Like "WTF is rigging??"

Lastly, THANK YOU for your support! It's great to feel so much love from the fans!

Hey backers! I'm Brad! You guys are the best. Thanks for the support! :D!

I was the Project Lead on TRENCHED, later renamed to IRON BRIGADE because we're bad at coming up with names.

I've been here for... a while. I was a gameplay programmer on Psychonauts and then a designer on Brütal Legend.

I used to sit up front with the cool kids, but now I sit like 1500 feet away from the DFA team. I'm working on some SECRET STUFF right now... mostly by myself. But hopefully I will get to show you in the future! :D!

Love,

Brad

P.S. Here's a protip I learned while working on Brütal Legend - if you want to type a 'u' with an umlaut on it, hold down Alt, type 129 on your numpad, then release Alt. BAM! Look how fast you can make those things! :D!

Hi, my name is Lydia and I am a technical artist working on Ron Gilbert's project, The Cave, about 20 feet away from Patrick and about 34 feet away from DFA. I've worked on Brutal Legend, Costume Quest, and Once Upon a Monster doing visual effects and technical art stuff.

Hey Lydia,

A technical artist is a person that bridges between the developers and the artists, is that correct?

Holy crap, look at all these DF people! Hey everybody!

Hi guys! So great to have you all here!

What else is placed ~4m from Patrick?

Yep, we'll soon need a map, but don't confuse them with the metric system, not yet at least.

It'd be a fun game to try to map out DF using only the relative distance metrics we provided.

It'd be a fun game to try to map out DF using only the relative distance metrics we provided.

You just say so because you'd be in the center of the DF galaxy:P

What's up fine elegant folks! I'm Kjeld Pedersen, I'm a senior artist here at Double Fine, bringing goodies since the days of Yore, from Psychonauts, Brutal and more!

Brasilviking-ship.jpg

A shout out to home fans from Brazil and Denmark.

I'm very excited to see how our new Adventure Game is turning out! Thanks to all of you for your long time support, it truly inspire us!!!

Rock on!

Hey, awesome Backers. I'm Nathan Martz, Studio TD here at DF. Before being the Studio TD I was the project lead on Once Upon a Monster and before that, lead programmer on Brutal Legend. I started at DF in January of 2005, just in time for the last few months of crunch on Psychonauts.

My job is basically help make sure that we build tech that meets the needs of our games in the most efficient way possible, which means making good tech choices on individual projects and also coordinating work between projects so that we don't waste/duplicate any effort. Unlike many game companies, we don't create tech for tech's sake, instead we really try to think of our tech as being in service of our game's creative and artistic visions, as a tool for letting our awesome artists and designers express their ideas with a minimum of fuss and bother.

I still write code whenever I can, but try to do the dumb/grunt work so that our project programmers can focus more on making the games awesome and less on the plumbing. As an example, I helped the DFA team evaluate engine tech and also wrote some of the framework libraries that they use for graphics, cloud services, save games, etc. Because I'm not full time on DFA, you won't see me starting any threads, but I really enjoy answering questions about DF and our tech, so I'll chime in wherever I can.

Of course, thanks to all of our Backers for your incredible moral and financial support. It's hard to say just how good it felt to know that there were so many folks who cared so much about the work we do here that they would part with hard earned money just to make sure we could keep on making the sorts of games we care so much about.

Hi Backers! My name is Ben and I am pretty new here at DF. I've been here for almost 3 months, programming for The Cave, Ron's awesome new game.

I sit pretty far from Patrick, but very close to Gabe and Lydia. I used to sit close to Brandon, but he moved. How long will it take the train to reach Nashville?

Thanks for your support, you guys seriously rock!

Hello, I've worked on nearly every Double Fine game since Psychonauts, mostly helping out with automated testing and programming. I also wrote music for Tasha's Game and Host Master and the bug patrol song in DFHAT. I'm currently a gameplay programmer on The Cave.

I sit pretty far from Patrick, but very close to Gabe and Lydia. I used to sit close to Brandon, but he moved. How long will it take the train to reach Nashville?

That depends on whether we look at the local frame of DF or the train. However, if a spaceship travels from DF to Nashville and both locations have 4th of July fireworks at the same time, the spaceship will see Nashville's fireworks as fired first. On the other hand if we send a beam of light from DF to Nashville, they will all see it in the same speed.

Anyhow, this is all a trick question and there is no train to Nashville.

Hi I'm Mark and I've been working as an artist and animator at df for a while. I've worked on almost all the df games, and I'm currently art directing an unannounced game. In my spare time I do paintings of stuff like birds in suits and dogs and people in superhero costumes. Thanks for your support!

Hi there! I'm Brent and I used to sit where Patrick sits. It's a noisy spot just outside the server room and you can often hear me cursing at a malfunctioning piece of equipment from the vent above the door.

I joined DFP in 2009 as they were just wrapping up Brütal Legend and they've kept me locked in a closet since then. Please send help.

Just kidding - I like it in here. Don't send help.

I joined DFP in 2009 as they were just wrapping up Brütal Legend and they've kept me locked in a closet since then. Please send help.

Just kidding - I like it in here. Don't send help.

Good to see Stockholm Syndrome kicked in right in time.

Hi Everyone!

I'm Daniel, I am the QA Lead here at DF. I have been here since last September, so I am still pretty new. And to help out with the office map puzzle game I am about 40ft from Patrick and only 10 feet on the other side of Brandon.

Thank you for all the Support!

Backer Bros! I'm Gabe. Like a few others here, I am proximal to Patrick. I like sending him jokes via IM and then turning around and watching him laugh. I was the Senior Producer on Brütal, CQ, Stacking, DFHAT, a bunch of stuff that never got released and a bunch of stuff that will soon get released. I do one of the webcomics (Dirt Nap) and sometimes help out with writing and web stuff. And financial stuff.

To help with your logic problem map, I am 10 feet from Chris Remo, 5 feet from Ben Peck (but i can only see his feet), 5 feet from Greg Rice and 12-15 feet from Patrick. There are firemen downstairs that cook delicious smelling things around 3PM, and make me salivate. They also practice people-saving drills outside my window. There is a tennis club next store with courts on the roof. Sometime nubs hit tennis balls outside the window too, and they collect into piles over months. The firemen clean these balls away once in a while. This location is a joy for the senses.

Gotta run to a meeting!

*whistle*

la dee da... guess I'll hop in here and see what my fellow backers are getting up to in this thread now...

*opens door*

qERYs.jpg

*set adrift in a sea of double fine*

I want to give some kind of response to all of you, but there are so many all of a sudden! This is cool, though. Just the kind of information I need to start designing the official Double Fine Staff CCG.

5 feet from Ben Peck (but i can only see his feet)

Got it, so Ben Peck is 5 feet above you, levitating apparently.

To help with your logic problem map, I am 10 feet from Chris Remo, 5 feet from Ben Peck (but i can only see his feet), 5 feet from Greg Rice and 12-15 feet from Patrick. There are firemen downstairs that cook delicious smelling things around 3PM, and make me salivate. They also practice people-saving drills outside my window. There is a tennis club next store with courts on the roof. Sometime nubs hit tennis balls outside the window too, and they collect into piles over months. The firemen clean these balls away once in a while. This location is a joy for the senses.

So do you basically work in a fire station? And you are above the firemen? Do you have a pole to go down? If not, do you accept applications?

Oh, hello all you awesome backers! My name is Elliott Roberts and I'm lead animator on THE CAVE, which up until two days ago was known as an "Unannounced DF Project." (Not to be confused with "Unannounced DF Project" or "Unannounced DF Project" which are currently unannounced.) I've animated on almost every project at DF since the days of Brütal Legend and also helped write and design Costume Quest.

Oh yah, I sit about 7 feet away from Patrick, but there is a partition that blocks my view of him, so it sometimes feels like I'm so much further away than that. Fortunately, Patrick's gentle laugh can be easily heard through this partition and acts as a welcome reminder that he's still there, being awesome. Now that I think of it, everyone on the other side of this partition laughs quite often. Whatever they are working on must be totally hilarious!

You are all heroes, btw. Thank you for the incredible support!

...Patrick's gentle laugh can be easily heard through this partition and acts as a welcome reminder that he's still there, being awesome. Now that I think of it, everyone on the other side of this partition laughs quite often. Whatever they are working on must be totally hilarious!...

I laughed out loud at this.

Let me put to rest the rumor about Ben Peck levitating 5 feet above me. I have instagram'd his feet for you.

photo.jpg

photo.jpg.ae43bf9ae147239506c7104cee71e6

Let me put to rest the rumor about Ben Peck levitating 5 feet above me. I have instagram'd his feet for you.

Damn, so who's up there?

Hey awesome Backers!!! I'm Drew, and I sit kitty corner from Patrick and can just barely see the back of Gabe's head. I can also see our testers Darth Vader and Elvis (see pic). I was lead vfx/tech artist on Brutal Legend, Stacking, tech artist on Happy Action Theater, and am currently working on an unannounced project.

I also religiously read the amazing comment thread over at kickstarter while you guys were making history - thanks for being the most awesome backers in the world!

photo.jpg

photo.jpg.a22bd1a7123218c9fd7da7668e251f

Hi everyone!

My name is Malena Annable and I've been at DF for almost 8 years. I was an associate producer on both Psychonauts and Brutal Legend, and have been voice & localization producer on every single project since then.

I have to tell you that reading comments from fans -- where you share your excitement for upcoming games, or favorite moments from released ones -- really makes my day. We all have days where things don't exactly go as planned, but reading something from you guys brightens my day. So, thank you! We have the best fans in the world!

Oh, and I sit about 1026 km (yes, km, not a typo) away from Patrick.

Hi, my name is Lydia and I am a technical artist working on Ron Gilbert's project, The Cave, about 20 feet away from Patrick and about 34 feet away from DFA. I've worked on Brutal Legend, Costume Quest, and Once Upon a Monster doing visual effects and technical art stuff.

Hey Lydia,

A technical artist is a person that bridges between the developers and the artists, is that correct?

Yeah, that's a good way of describing it. We try to figure out the best way to build art using the tools that we have, or figuring out what kind of new tools might be needed to make an artist's life easier. We also get to do some art that requires more technical ability (shaders, vfx, etc).

What's up fine elegant folks! I'm Kjeld Pedersen, I'm a senior artist here at Double Fine, bringing goodies since the days of Yore, from Psychonauts, Brutal and more!

Brasilviking-ship.jpg

A shout out to home fans from Brazil and Denmark.

I'm very excited to see how our new Adventure Game is turning out! Thanks to all of you for your long time support, it truly inspire us!!!

Rock on!

NICE - I was not expecting a fellow dane to be working at Double Fine!

So awesome to hear from all the amazing folks at Double Fine! And their gravitational orbits around Patrick apparently.

Gabe seems to have the most interesting spot though. I'd find it hard to concentrate with all those distractions!

Sign in to follow this