Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jackamick

DFA's Kickstarter Record Already Broken

well as for the pebble, the item itself costs a lot more than a game, so you are going to get a lot more people donating over $100, since the lowest reward tier (aside from the early bird tier which has sold out) is $115, but even so it's pretty impressive.

I've considered donating, since the pebble itself will probably cost £100-150 and $130 for the pebble plus international shipping is only £80, but I don't really think I need one, although with that kind of popularity, and a lot of people having the SDK, you can expect there to be a lot of user support for the product, so I am still tempted.

I understand that since it costs more the funding should be greater, but when stuff costs more fewer people are usually tempted to fund it. One example being the Lunatik iPad Nano watch band, which was a record breaker last year making over $900k.

I'm excited to see what people do with the SDK, but I can already see myself using some of the apps that have already been announced. Plus, as funding goes up, features go up (waterproofing was just added). So that's pretty cool.

I read that the watch is estimated to see for $150 or more.

I'm pretty excited, I'm a Kickstarter addict.

I read that the watch is estimated to see for $150 or more.

yes, but i said £100-£150, and £s are worth more than $s (although that doesn't stop Amazon from charging $79 for a basic Kindle in the US and £89 for the same thing in the UK, we normally get ripped off for electronics in the UK)

OK, yeah I had read that estimate too, I hope that it doesn't end up being too cheap, it would be unfair to the backers if the item suddenly becomes cheaper than backing cost originally, as soon as it's released to the public.

DFA was the first to pass $1 million, and now there's a new project that already passed DFA's crazy record, and it still has a month left for funding.

Actually, it wasn't, it was incredibly close but that iPod Dock thing just pipped it to be the first to pass 1 Million. However, DFA was the first to pass 2 Million and 3 Million.

...Man kickstarter must be having the time of their lives this year with all the 5% they are getting from those million dollar projects.

DFA was the first to pass 2 million and the 8th or 9th to pass 1 million, i believe the order of the stick hit 1 million a few days before DFA did. It still holds the record for the most amount of money raised for a game though. though Wasteland 2 finished with 3.04 million recently.

no no, it was some iphone dock that beat 1mil first.

then DFA,

THEN order of the stick. They were like, second to get over 1mil. not 8th or 9th :P

w-w-what.

25 days to go, double what DF got, and the lowest thing is $99. this makes no sense.

bear in mind, DFA got 87000 backers, this only has 42000, it's because of the high basic price means the average level of backing is very high.

Pebble average backer level ~$146 (as of this moment)

DFA Average backer level ~$38

that's about 25%, if half as many people are backing 4 times as much, of course it's going to earn twice as much. I suspect that pebble won't go much higher than it is now though to be honest, i think nearly everyone that will back, has backed.

bear in mind, DFA got 87000 backers, this only has 42000, it's because of the high basic price means the average level of backing is very high.

that's about 25%, if half as many people are backing 4 times as much, of course it's going to earn twice as much. I suspect that pebble won't go much higher than it is now though to be honest, i think nearly everyone that will back, has backed.

Well it has more than 1000 backers every day the past few days. Obviously it will probably add 2-4 (maybe 5) million to it. And I think it's a typical tool that many iPhone users will be interested in and having it cheaper can be motivation enough to join kickstarter and back it...

Wow. Kickstarter is probably doing "the happy dance" right about now... What's 5% of $6,000,000?

Im just wondering where all the money is going. They are asking for 100k to get it out on the market... or something I dont really understand what they are asking for

Well it has more than 1000 backers every day the past few days. Obviously it will probably add 2-4 (maybe 5) million to it. And I think it's a typical tool that many iPhone users will be interested in and having it cheaper can be motivation enough to join kickstarter and back it...

even if it got 25000 more backer, which i doubt it will, it still won't have as many backers as DFA, my point is that because it's a high value product, it is earning more even though it has less backers.

even if it got 25000 more backer, which i doubt it will, it still won't have as many backers as DFA, my point is that because it's a high value product, it is earning more even though it has less backers.

I didn't say it would beat DFA in terms of backers. Although I can definitely see that happening - also considering that a strong finish (with 10.000 backers or more during the last 2-3 days) seems likely. But come what may, it's an amazing success and it will continue to make hell a lot of money... I don't like the whole iphone, android and whatever stuff... but it's interesting that this works so well here.

Sign in to follow this