Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Humble Botanicula Bundle

I was just about to post this. Thanks DF Greg!

Downloading Botanicula as we speak. =)

Edit: It's probably worth noting for any of you who have been wanting to play Machinarium after all the buzz on this forum that it is included in the bundle.

I posted this in the general forum some hours ago, thinking it wasn't overly appropriate to post in here, but now DFGreg has set the precedent, then I'll be spamming this forum from now on. :-P

I grabbed it as soon as I saw it. Had Samorost and Machniarium on my Steam Wishlist, but just hadn't pulled the trigger on buying them. * Trigger Pulled *

Damn my innate need for bundles. I already own Machinarium and Samarost 2, and I preordered Botanicular on GOG for $10, but I still put in $10 for this just for the movie and soundtracks. I'm so weak when it comes to these things.

Great bundle!

I have Machinarium and Windosill already but it's a good chance to get Samorost as well.

It's one of the first things I'll be using my coming "paycheck" on.

It's too good to resist, although I've already play Machinarium. We should have a Botanicula play through now! :-)

Thanks for the heads-up DF Greg ;)

Already had Machinarium on steam and had only just started playing that, but have seen enough already to know that it's well worth getting their new game.

Uhm, now i'm a little bit confused...

Wasn't my thread in "General Discussion" about this topic deleted some hours before because of that a moderator or some power user was telling me that such threads should belong in "from the Universe Outside of Double Fine" whilst there are for instance a number of kickstarter threads in "General Discussion" already and that one exists already in "from..."?

Anyway, fine that it gets more attention here but i'm just wondering about the forum practice.

Great deal! I just love the movie "Kooky". In freakin´ HD!! :coolsmile:

Let´s hope this business model is pathbreaking and there will be more such brilliant opportunities in the future!

I bought it! Finally got Machinarium through this. Never heard of the others but hopefully they're good.

I know bundles are supposed to be "pay how much you want" but I find myself passing them by if nothing within it peaks my fancy... though I also never pay less than five bucks. Am I doing myself a disservice? It just seems like a waste to have a horde of games growing every time a bundle is released.

I know bundles are supposed to be "pay how much you want" but I find myself passing them by if nothing within it peaks my fancy... though I also never pay less than five bucks. Am I doing myself a disservice? It just seems like a waste to have a horde of games growing every time a bundle is released.

Just think of it as a donation to charity. The games don't even matter.

Hmm I tried to buy this but the Paypal option doesn't seem to work properly. It asks for my credit card details, but I have a 'regular' paypal account with no credit card associated with it. With previous Humble Bundles, paying from the funds on the account was fine, but not anymore... Guess I'll have to pay through Amazon or wait until a retail release.

Botanicula is amazing... just got into level three. Finally seriously stuck. Need to give it a rest.

Probably one of the best Humble Bundles yet. Now I have my own company of Machinarium instead of a friends as well and that movie... Kooky is awesome.

Worth it for that. Seriously, Kooky is awesome... add in the soundtracks and the extra game unless you decide to only pay $5 or something like that and wow!

Really glad this is here. I wanted to buy Machinarium from them directly rather than through Steam where their profits get cut, and now I can pay a reduced cost for their new game too.

Spent $15, 13 of it on the developer. Glad I can hand them pure profit, even if this is a huge discount.

Buy it and support it people!

Machinarium is a great game. It´s not what I want of Double Fine Adventure in terms of story and puzzle structure, but it´s still a very good game, and this deal is awesome.

As one of the support ninjas for the bundles I would like to personally thank you for posting this DF Greg! =D

Yay, I've been waiting for Botanicula for ages, and it's great to see it tied to a conservation charity :D

shameless plug

For anybody who's excited by such things, I maintain a set of extra statistics for Humble Bundles that can be found here:

http://cheesetalks.twolofbees.com/humble/

/shameless plug

Hmm I tried to buy this but the Paypal option doesn't seem to work properly. It asks for my credit card details, but I have a 'regular' paypal account with no credit card associated with it. With previous Humble Bundles, paying from the funds on the account was fine, but not anymore... Guess I'll have to pay through Amazon or wait until a retail release.

Is it in the right currency? You might need to convert it to USD if it's in something else? (just a thought)

GOG will apparently offer both Machinarium and a copy of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut(!!!) for free to those who preordered Botanicula from them and felt cheated because of the humble bundle deal. It seems that this mess might cost Amanita way too much, which is a shame because their games do deserve to succeed.

I just finished Botanicula, and I must say this is a seriously difficult game. The last two levels are especially hard. You'll be doing a lot of running around back and forth through the same areas trying to figure out what to do or where to go. So much hidden stuff. I searched everywhere and still didn't get close to 100%. The funny situations keep you from getting frustrated and reward you every time you accomplish something. The better your score, the more animation clips you unlock at the end. It might be worth playing again and trying to unlock more bonuses.

I think the game was a little too short (definitely casual), but ok overall.

How long is Botanicula, or how many levels does it have?

I'm at the point where I'm in some kind of village. It's basically the third "area" or "level". How far am I?

How long is Botanicula, or how many levels does it have?

I'm at the point where I'm in some kind of village. It's basically the third "area" or "level". How far am I?

It doesn't have levels as such. The village is probably halfway through. I got to the end within a couple of hours (and found 112 out of 123 of the thingies).

Sign in to follow this