Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Drgeert

Inspiring quotations for DF headquarter walls

No office can do without.

Quotes on the walls.

Could be at the entrance, or in the toilets.

This thread is for sharing your entrance and toilet quotes with DF.

I'll start with some random 2:

'When I woke up this morning my girlfriend asked me, "Did you sleep good?" I said "No, I made a few mistakes."'

- Steven Wright

'A seaman who has the time, always has the perfect weather.'

- my father

I bet others will come up with better ones...

'An absurdist without a melon, is like a skeleton without a cheese slicer'

Hey my firefox doesn't recognize the word absurdist, don't you have absurdists in England/America?

"People who get up early in the morning cause war, death and famine."

—Banksy

"Never argue with stupid people. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

"Adventure games are not dead, they are merely resting."

ooohhh, I found a signature

A good one from Penny Arcade today, which I think captures the DF spirit fairly well. Even though Jerry once stole Tim's yo-yo and said very mean (and very incorrect) things about Brutal Legend, may this quote still bring encouragement:

"...these casual, a priori assertions of inevitable failure [are] nothing more than a gauze draped over your own pulsing terror. Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is. What you are saying when you make something is that the universe is not sufficient, and what it really needs is more you. And it does, actually; it does. Go look outside. You can’t tell me that we are done making the world."

The world needs more Double Fine!

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."

-Elbert Hubbard

;-)

Adventure games are not dead, they are merely resting.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie...

And with strange eons, even death may die."

I bet Lovecraft was thinking about adventure games when he wrote that!

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."

-Elbert Hubbard

;-)

With that in mind...

There is nothing a million Chinese people couldn't do cheaper. -- Anonymous user of a different forum

"In every good movie, plot point I, the moment Act I goes over into Act II, takes place after approximately 10 minutes." - Syd Field

"This message is funded by Kickstarter backers"

Edit: actually I think the entrance to the bathroom should say "Wing donated by Kickstarter backers"

Faith is the ability to believe against the numbers, against the facts, against science and learned men. -Unknown

For God's sake, give me the young man with brains enough to make a fool of himself.- Robert Louis Stevenson.

"You can't make your living off of potential." -Jim Ross

"Expect problems and eat them for breakfast." -Alfred A. Montapert

"Everything is under control." - Peter Jackson

"Go that way really fast. If something gets in your way, turn." - Charles DeMar

"We all go a little mad sometimes." - Norman Bates

I think this quote can be applied to many projects, game development being one of them.

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea."

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

“... you're nuts but you're welcome here.”

― Steve Martin

"That's a nice looking game studio you've got there, it would be a shame if some... accident were to happen to it." :coolhmm:

― Backers

"To do something right, you often have to roll up your sleeves and get busy." - stolen from the internet

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Unsourced by Albert Einstein.

And one extra for upcoming 2k38-crisis, I hope DFA is proof for both ;D

"Using a (signed) 64-bit value introduces a new wraparound date in about 290 billion years, on Sunday, December 4, 292,277,026,596. However, this problem is not widely regarded as a pressing issue"

"You need sleep? Dolphins sleep by letting one half of their brain sleep at a time. Are Dolphins smarter than you?" - Benevolent Tyrant

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

- Cave Johnson, Portal 2

Sign in to follow this