Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Korig

Passing along a message from Jennifer Hale to Tim and the fans.

Hey guys,

I just came back from Fan Expo Vancouver which was a ton of fun. Most importantly though, Jennifer Hale, who portrays Female Shepard from Mass Effect and Ophelia from Brutal Legend, wanted me to pass on a message to Tim Schafer. :)

I love Jennifer from many things and I brought a few different things for her to sign. What surprised me though, is when I brought out my copy of Brutal Legend, she immediately got excited saying something like "Oh my God! I love this! This was so much fun!". It made me so happy to see her get excited over a game I absolutely love, I asked her what it was like working with Tim, all she could say while staring at the case was, "So much fun! He is sooo awesome!".

Here is the important part: I asked her if she had heard of Double Fine Adventure, she said "Yes! I already tweeted Tim saying congratulations! I would love so much to be apart of it!". I told her then about how he does go on the forums, and how I will try my best to make sure Tim knows, after that she thanked me and once again talked about how awesome it would be if she was apart of Adventure.

So if Tim or anyone from Double Fine is reading, I think anyone with that much passion to work with you guys, not to mention the talent, should at least be considered for the project. Also if you get in touch with Jennifer, tell her I sent you. :)

PS, out of 3 signatures I got from her (Brutal Legend, Mass Effect 3, KotOR), Brutal Legend was the only one where she signed something else as well as her name: "Ophelia!"

Hey guys,

I just came back from Fan Expo Vancouver which was a ton of fun. Most importantly though, Jennifer Hale, who portrays Female Shepard from Mass Effect and Ophelia from Brutal Legend, wanted me to pass on a message to Tim Schafer. :)

I love Jennifer from many things and I brought a few different things for her to sign. What surprised me though, is when I brought out my copy of Brutal Legend, she immediately got excited saying something like "Oh my God! I love this! This was so much fun!". It made me so happy to see her get excited over a game I absolutely love, I asked her what it was like working with Tim, all she could say while staring at the case was, "So much fun! He is sooo awesome!".

Here is the important part: I asked her if she had heard of Double Fine Adventure, she said "Yes! I already tweeted Tim saying congratulations! I would love so much to be apart of it!". I told her then about how he does go on the forums, and how I will try my best to make sure Tim knows, after that she thanked me and once again talked about how awesome it would be if she was apart of Adventure.

So if Tim or anyone from Double Fine is reading, I think anyone with that much passion to work with you guys, not to mention the talent, should at least be considered for the project. Also if you get in touch with Jennifer, tell her I sent you. :)

PS, out of 3 signatures I got from her (Brutal Legend, Mass Effect 3, KotOR), Brutal Legend was the only one where she signed something else as well as her name: "Ophelia!"

Awesome indeed

The very idea of Femshep being part of Double Fine Adventure game is beyond amazing.

We should totally help make this happen!

That would be so very cool.

hmmmmmmmmmm hey Tim I think we may have a voice actor already eager to play somebody ;)

Jennifer Hale's voice <3

Is it possible to marry just someone's voice? I mean, I'm sure Jennifer Hale is cool and all, but I've never really met her. But I would ask her voice out to the movies.

No, it is not possible to marry just someone's voice.

I appreciate you looking this up for me.

Jennifer Hale's voice <3

Is it possible to marry just someone's voice? I mean, I'm sure Jennifer Hale is cool and all, but I've never really met her. But I would ask her voice out to the movies.

Would it be blasphemy for me to say I don't like when she tries to sound younger? (ie. Her voicing Leah in Diablo 3) Something about it always sounds off to me. Or maybe it's the fact that I *KNOW* it's her and constantly expect FemShep.

She also voices several characters in The Clone Wars TV show and The Old Republic.

And I like her versatility as a voice actress. :)

What the OP mentions is awesome, I hope she does join in on this game.

No, it is not possible to marry just someone's voice.

I appreciate you looking this up for me.

He/she didn't cite a source, there's still hope!

Her voice made me eager

to press the right trigger.

I guess it's still very early to take these decisions, but we all would love such a great voice actress in this game.

She also mentioned working for Tim in the latest Talkin' Toons podcast (by Rob Paulsen, another great voice actor).

Nice :) . Her voice acting was certainly the main reason I preferred playing as female Shepard in the Mass Effects.

Don't forget she's also THE Samus Aran! So, yeah, I'd be down with that! :3

ssshhh. no one remembers fall-from-grace.

What was the thing that made her so excited about working for brutal legend? The salary?

I don't think so. I imagine some of her biggest paychecks would come from Bioware and even after having her sign both Knights Of The Old Republic and Mass Effect 3 we only talked about how fun it was for her to work on Brutal Legend with Tim and how she wants to be apart of DFA.

She is an amazing voice actress no doubt but i would imagine casting her for voice would cost a ton of money because she's as triple A as it gets with talent in voice acting. if she could be secured for not an insane amount of money i would be all for it.

She is an amazing voice actress no doubt but i would imagine casting her for voice would cost a ton of money because she's as triple A as it gets with talent in voice acting. if she could be secured for not an insane amount of money i would be all for it.
What say a couple mil? DF was originally planning on developing this game for 300k anyway, right?

Well, I'm tempted to speculate that if she knows about this project, she's probably aware of the kind of budget the team is working with, and therefore if she's still enthused to be a part of it she is probably realistic about what kind of money they can spend on voice acting.

Well, I'm tempted to speculate that if she knows about this project, she's probably aware of the kind of budget the team is working with, and therefore if she's still enthused to be a part of it she is probably realistic about what kind of money they can spend on voice acting.

Exactly what I was thinking. I feel like certain people, herself included, will understand how amazing and groundbreaking the game will be, and hopefully the project will take priority over money.

Nice, I missed out on Fan Expo as I was out of town. Wish I could have dropped by... seems like it was pretty killer this year!

Nice. The voice thread that will eventually pop up on here should be interesting to say the least

Thanks Elvis! :)

If you guys really want to see Jennifer Hale make an appearance in the game. I recommend bugging her on Twitter about it. I'm sure she will listen to us adventure fans! :D

Exactly what I was thinking. I feel like certain people, herself included, will understand how amazing and groundbreaking the game will be, and hopefully the project will take priority over money.

Agreed; there's also plenty of examples of big name actors/actresses working on smaller budget or indie movies as passion projects, taking a reduced rate just to be involved in something they have a personal interest in; no reason why this couldn't end up being a similar situation.

I'd imagine it's something that can't really happen until there's a rough plot and characters in place, but I'm sure if she wants to be involved and Double Fine have a character in mind that'd be a good fit for her then something could be worked out without wiping out a huge chunk of the budget...

Sign in to follow this