Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Chris Remo

International Backer Update: Pay for shipping here!

I'm just a $15.00 backer, but I'm worried about some of the folks not going to the forum and not reading that and you loosing all of your multimillion starbucksmoonmoney :(.

quick question:

I have ordered lots of stuff (games, action figures, etc.) from the US to be shipped to me in Europe. In order to avoid silly customs tax, i always requested the shipper to mark the package as a gift, with a value of at most $30. Is that something you can/will do here at DF too?

PS

Welcome Chris! Go to see all these idle thumbs guys being employed by their favorite game companies ;)

I'm kind of wondering the same thing here.

Would it be possible for DF to set a fixed price or mark the contents of the package as a gift when it ships so that the local customs fee could be avoided?

If it creates a hell of a mess with your tax-reports, then never mind us silly non-US type folks. :-P

It took us 3 weeks to break Greg? How long shall Chris last? Nye hyeh hyeh hyeh...

We should start an argue about paypal vs pancakes!! If he can handle that he'll survive hehehehe :P

I'd originally added an extra $10 to my pledge, but I wanted to be part of the welcoming committee too, so!

Welcome, Chris!!

And, please don't mind our evil laughter. It's just for show... maybe. :)

And, please don't mind our evil laughter. It's just for show... maybe. :)

Don't scare the prey, I mean, new guy.

quick question:

I have ordered lots of stuff (games, action figures, etc.) from the US to be shipped to me in Europe. In order to avoid silly customs tax, i always requested the shipper to mark the package as a gift, with a value of at most $30. Is that something you can/will do here at DF too?

I'm kind of wondering the same thing here.

Would it be possible for DF to set a fixed price or mark the contents of the package as a gift when it ships so that the local customs fee could be avoided?

If it creates a hell of a mess with your tax-reports, then never mind us silly non-US type folks. :-P

We'll do whatever we can to keep the customs costs low! We can't guarantee anything regarding how the packages will be marked, but we definitely intend to declare the value as low as possible (probably $10).

We'll do whatever we can to keep the customs costs low! We can't guarantee anything regarding how the packages will be marked, but we definitely intend to declare the value as low as possible (probably $10).

Thanks. And about service used/traceability?

Hi Reid! It's so great Fangamer came to the forum :)

I don't mean to scare you but there is a whole bunch of questions about shipping that should be sorted and I suppose you will be the ones sorting them.

I know there is still time to organize everything so excuse me if it looks like I'm trying to put pressure on you, but here are the links to the threads with our concerns so that you can prepare. Enjoy! :)

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/6044/

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/6145/

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/6229/

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/6492/

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/6700/

We'll be shipping everything via USPS first class. Unfortunately first-class service isn't trackable, but we're prepared to handle any issues that arise -- everyone will get their stuff, even if we have to ship it twice :)

We'll be shipping everything via USPS first class. Unfortunately first-class service isn't trackable, but we're prepared to handle any issues that arise -- everyone will get their stuff, even if we have to ship it twice :)

HI REID!!!!

Welcome Chris!

I already donated $110 back when the kickstarter was still going. I hope everything with this goes smoothly!

Just for clarification (because I'm paranoid even though I think I know the answer), if I donated at the $100 level and am in the US, I do not need to add $10, right? Or perhaps I'm wrong and I am a horrible person for withholding money from DF. If that be the case, I am prepared to accept the lethal injection that's coming to me.

Just for clarification (because I'm paranoid even though I think I know the answer), if I donated at the $100 level and am in the US, I do not need to add $10, right? Or perhaps I'm wrong and I am a horrible person for withholding money from DF. If that be the case, I am prepared to accept the lethal injection that's coming to me.

Extra $10 is just for international backers with items that have to ship.

The extra $10 is only necessary if you pledged at the $100 level (not higher), and as Paul notes, it's only for international backers, not domestic. Thanks everyone!

I´ve a question:

I backed $100 plus the $10 I added to my pledge. Makes $110. And then in the last few hours of the funding I increased to $150 (without the $10 extra).

Must I do the thing from the first post of this thread, too? Or does DF make $140 and add the $10 automatically then?

Just look at the post from DF Chris Remo, it's the last one before yours. It doesn't matter if you changed your pledge, if you are above the $100 tier you don't need to add the $10.

I'm guessing DF are taking the extra cost, probably since there aren't that many backers above $100.

I mustn´t, ok.

I just wanted to know that 'cause the t-shirts are on the way. And I´m not for the USA. ;)

Sign in to follow this