Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
r00d

Adventure Game Deals/Special Offers

*edit*

This was originally a post on Gemini Rue Steam daily deal, but as steam clearly seem to be aware of the current renewed interest in adventure games (MI:SE Bundle, Ben & Dan games, Gemini rue, all within a week or so of each other), as well as the recent humble botanicula bundle, I thought maybe it'd be worth starting a single thread just to point any special offers on adventure games as they appear instead.

The backer's forum seems a good fit for pointing out good deals (as everyone in here obviously has an interest in adventure games), but it might help to avoid clutter on the forum as more deals happen.

So, to start us off...

Steam daily deal - Gemini Rue @50% off

Just picked it up myself; thought it'd be worth a quick heads-up for anyone who hasn't picked this up yet and is interested in it...

This game is AMAZING for anybody who hasn't played it yet.

I agree, Gemini Rue is more than worth the €3,99 it's currently going for.

One of the best adventure games in years.

Good idea for a thread. I've been out of touch with recent adventure games for a while now. Except for ToMI and the BTTF Games. I got the 2 Ben and Dan games today, might grab Gemini Rue too.

http://us-adventureshop.gamesplanet.com/

this site all adventure games with some good sales , wether there good as steam sales depends.

www.gog.com i also check here in case the any of adventure games go on sale or new ones get added.plus the 3 or 5 free games that you can get.

great thread idea , but bad for our wallets ,heh.

The Dream Machine, an claymation point and click all 5 episodes for 11.99 bundle only the first three are done right now ,looks interesting deal ends may 18. oh quest for glory bundle on gog, 1-5 for 9.99 i think.

Space Quest Collection is 75% off on Steam today.

Tex Murphy games are 50% off on GOG for another day.

Bundle In A Box Adventure Bundle is pay what you want ($1.49 current minimum, but dropping the more sales there are) and includes Gemini Rue, Ben There, Dan That!, Time Gentlemen, Please!, 1893: A World's Fair Mystery and The Sea Will Claim Everything. If you pay over the average (currently $5.56) it also includes The Shivah and Metal Dead. Open for another 6 days.

Gemini Rue currently only a $1.39 here with 'Time Gentleman, Please' and 'Ben There, Dan That' included in this bundle.

Bundle in a Box

Minimum price goes down as more people buy, and offer expires in six days from now.

And...just noticed this was posted one post above me. >.> <.<

I was never here. Ninja smoke! *poof*

Ah, glad someone (two whole people actually!) noticed Bundle In A Box!

Well, over 2450 bundles bought, so I assume a few people noticed it.

Perhaps less noticed by the adventure crowd is Groupees' Build a Bundle which includes Dark Fall: Lost Souls plus Dark Fall: Lights Out as one game and Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals as another. Minimum purchase is three games for $3, so someone looking only for adventure games only will be forced to also pick a non-adventure, but it's still a good deal. Ends in under 5 days.

Thanks for the bundle in a box. Grabbed it for Gemini Rue, although i already have Ben There, Dan That and Time Gentleman, Please.

paid $5.60 to get 2 other games as well :)

Dont't forget about special offers fo ~100 games on Steam, including 50% on Double Fine Productions games.

Ends in ~46 hours.

New Humble Bundle! :D

http://www.humblebundle.com/

So much yes! And the video has Tim in it, so that automatically makes it cooler.

(Thanks for that Bundle in a Box, by the way. Got that.)

So you get a box with Tim as part of the bundle? Ok, I guess I can try Tim-in-a-box, but what do I do with this after a week or two? and any idea what to feed it?

I got the Humble Bundle, even though I had Psychonauts and Limbo already. Chipped in a little extra for Child Play, that's a nice charity.

Dont't forget about special offers fo ~100 games on Steam, including 50% on Double Fine Productions games.

Ends in ~46 hours.

You mean this one, right?

http://www.becausewemay.com/

So you get a box with Tim as part of the bundle? Ok, I guess I can try Tim-in-a-box, but what do I do with this after a week or two? and any idea what to feed it?

Tim Schafer sold separately.

Bought the humblebundle too.

Now, to find time to play all these great games i just bought!

I just checked back on the Resonance page - it's due out on the 19th of June, apparently. If you pre-order a digital copy you get a demo of the game's first chapter, played a bit of it and despite the usual Wadget Eye hallmarks of slightly rough voice acting and general po-facedness it seems pretty sweet. The interface is much more slick and well-animated than in other AGS games I've played, even if you have to drag things around with the mouse.

Broken Sword Triple Pack on sale for $2.50 today on Steam.

Broken Sword Triple Pack on sale for $2.50 today on Steam.

Thanks, I've always wanted to play some of those games. Purchased!

If you have a Kinect and live in the United States you can get the wonderfully narrated XBLA game Haunt for free until July 2nd. Plug in your Kinect, navigate to Kinect Central on the dashboard, and download the game. It's still 800 msp in the marketplace, so make sure you get it in Kinect Central.

Tales of Monkey Island and seasons 1 and 2 of Telltale's Sam and Max games are on sale for 60% off over on GOG.

Tales of Monkey Island and seasons 1 and 2 of Telltale's Sam and Max games are on sale for 60% off over on GOG.

If I didn't already own them, I'd be all over that.

If I didn't already own them, I'd be all over that.

Funfact: The Sam and Max games come with all sorts of goodies, including their soundtracks (currently the only way to get the soundtracks is through the GOG version) and ToMI comes with all its special edition content, like the commentary videos and concept art.

May not be enough reason to purchase them all over again, unless you really want some of that extra content, but that's really nice incentive to buy them from GOG.

Does Tales of Monkey Island here come with the fixed version of Episode 1 where it has Earl Boens voice? Because if so, doesn't that make GOG the only Digital way to get that?

Does Tales of Monkey Island here come with the fixed version of Episode 1 where it has Earl Boens voice? Because if so, doesn't that make GOG the only Digital way to get that?

I haven't seen a confirmation either way yet, but with all the stuff it comes with, it seems to be a digital version of the DVD, so it might.

Sign in to follow this