Sign in to follow this  
Asif Siddiky

Premiere of Bonus Video Series "Sidequest"

Thank you for every thing in the Kickstarter project.

Not only do I get to view how a game is made by one of my favorite developers,

but little views into how Tim got to where he is today is more than I could have ever asked for.

I really enjoy this Sidequest feature and can't wait for more.

Yay extra content. And not only that, fun and interesting content as well. Keep up the good work DF & 2PP peeps!

The creator of this video has not given you permission to embed it on this domain. This is a Vimeo Plus feature.

Why can't I see this video?

I love that these will be supplemental videos. I want to see more of that interview with Ron at the end! great work.

Nice, just one thing.

In the comments you mention that Dio was replaced with Tim Curry because of the direction of the character.

I remember Tim telling me on Twitter it happened because Dio died before they could finish recording his lines and had to replace him.

It was quite a while ago on Twitter, but I clearly remember his telling me that.

Wait, I'll look it up.

There we go, took about half an hour but still: "We recorded a whole session with him but couldn't use it and he died before we could try again."

I really enjoyed watching this. My own flailing attempts to get into the games industry has taught me a great deal over the years and this really made me reflect on the strange twisting journey my own path has taken.

This was fantastic! Loved this series so far, keep it going for sure.

That was great!!! Thank you for sharing some of your history, Tim! So looking forward to see more from you and the rest of the team!! (I'm getting addicted to exclamation points!!!! YAY!!)

Thanks for videos! I think these are very entertaining, well except for that part about baby chickens, that was creepy :S

The prompted me to finally look up the Skywalker Ranch, something I've been meaning to do for a few years.

Great video. Would love to see more.

Got to say that this video was pretty inspiring to watch. As a 27 year old college Junior looking to get into this business it's nice to know that getting a job in the industry is possible for someone who doesn't necessarily have any connections and that even the greats started out by being rejected a ton of times first. Thanks for the video, it gave me a moral boost I honestly need.

@gsm

That video of what Walt Disney would do if he was revived and saw his company today was so hillarious I think I'll need to get some stitches. Thanks.

Glad to be part of Tim's nostalgia :)Enjoyed it very much..informative too.

Thanks for posting the video.May be next time, they can show a little sneak peak of making those games itself DOTT,Monkey Island etc.The problems they faced, the fun they had...

Doubtful for two reasons. One they probably don't have behind the scenes footage and two its probably the property of Lucas Arts so they would have to pay for permission to use that kind of footage.

Dio was in Brutal Legend?
Nice, just one thing.

In the comments you mention that Dio was replaced with Tim Curry because of the direction of the character.

I remember Tim telling me on Twitter it happened because Dio died before they could finish recording his lines and had to replace him.

It was quite a while ago on Twitter, but I clearly remember his telling me that.

Wait, I'll look it up.

There we go, took about half an hour but still: "We recorded a whole session with him but couldn't use it and he died before we could try again."

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/6764/P125/#214488

Nice, just one thing.

Wait, I'll look it up.

Brutal Legend was released in October of 2009.

Dio died in May of 2010.

So, nuts to what you're saying.

I recall the rumor I read at the time was something about Dio and Ozzy having a disagreement on set and Dio dropping out of the project as a result.

Nice, just one thing.

Wait, I'll look it up.

Dio died in May of 2010.

But he is quoting Schafer http://twitter.com/#!/TimOfLegend/status/110598076330291200

Nice, just one thing.

Wait, I'll look it up.

Dio died in May of 2010.

But he is quoting Schafer http://twitter.com/#!/TimOfLegend/status/110598076330291200

Tim may have said that, but it doesn't make sense with the timeline. It was only announced he had early stage stomach cancer in November 2009, a month after the game was released, and the voices would have been recorded quite a while before that. The announcement of the changed voice actor was in June 2009, here's a quote:

"Ronnie James Dio is an amazing singer and truly one of the great figures of Metal, but as the character of Doviculus evolved, we realized that Tim Curry was a better fit for the part,"

Dio was performing right up until August of that year so even allowing for the fact he may have been ill before the announcement, it seems unlikely that this could have been a factor. It's possible there's stuff we don't know, but seems equally possible that Tim just remembered the timeline wrong when he tweeted that. That sort of thing happens all the time. :)

Nice, just one thing.

Wait, I'll look it up.

Dio died in May of 2010.

Tim may have said that, but it doesn't make sense with the timeline. (...)

Sure.

But still "So, nuts to what you're saying" is directed towards a wrong guy.

Awesome Sauce!! All these great videos are worth way more than the cost of admission to be a backer!

Sign in to follow this