Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Asif Siddiky

Premiere of Bonus Video Series "Sidequest"

Interesting stuff. Is the next video going to be about Ron? The part at the end seemed to allude to that.

Apologies for getting any hopes up. We do not currently have any footage from Ron's interviews that we plan on presenting as a Sidequest. Maybe somewhere down the road though! We're always looking for any excuse to sit down with him as it is.

So who's documenting the documentary process?

Yes! Exactly!

I want to see a video about the people who make the documentary about the documenteers that show us how the saussage gets made.

But I wonder how they do it.... Perhaps If somebody would make a documentary about that...

If I may kindly direct you to the segment of this clip between 1:28 and 1:39 .

That's just a little too much sausage.

For some reason I DON'T want to see the non-Disney version of your statement.

Speaking of Disney, I love this video (and its statement is relevant to DFA):

[vimeo]33123151[/vimeo]

Loved this. I remember growing up in Marin County and dreaming of working at Skywalker Ranch. It is so cool to hear Tim's experience.

So was the audio on the questions deliberately mixed low, or just not recorded?

I really liked the effect of having the "subtitles" for the almost-unintelligible questions serve as breaks in the video. Either way, very creative.

Really wonderful stuff! That chick story though... haha

Thanks for providing us with all this extra content!

That was awesome! I would love to see more!

Also if you can please include these on the DVD/Blu-ray.

I had no idea that Dio was originally set to play Doviculus! My one minor complaint about Brutal Legend has always been that there is no Dio. He's Jack Black's idol, he's a huge name in metal, so I never understood why he wouldn't be apart of this, but now it all makes sense. I get that characters evolve and I see how Tim Curry would fit better, but why is Dio not in Brutal Legend at all? Could've made him a side character/cameo or put his music in at least right?

Would it be possible to add at least English subtitles to this? As a Spaniard I'd appreciate it a lot in order to get the whole way gotten. Thank you!

Loving the videos!

Is there any chance both this and the previous videos may be made available to download soon? ;)

Downloads will be made available at the end of the series.

That was awesome, thanks! I've seen/read interviews with Tim about his time at Lucasarts before, but that went into a lot more detail than I've seen previously.

That job with the baby chicks... that is horrible! D:

That was a cool little story about you working at the Grand Lake Theater and how it inspired parts of Pyschonauts. I still go there once in a while. I hope you guys keeps these sidequest going.

So much awesome. Could listen to Tim talk for hours. I should have invested more, this is turning out even better than I expected already.

That was fantastic! Very insightful. I will be forever jealous about Skywalker Ranch!

Keep up the awesome work with these Sidequest videos!

This was really great.

I felt the first 'real' episode was a bit 'light' on content, but it was also understandable because the project hadn't really begun yet.

Really looking forward to what you guys can do with this =)

Thank you very much! Great and interesting stuff. It seems the sun always shines in SF... :)

I just have to go there some time.

Wow, really fantastic stuff.

I went above and beyond what was probably financially responsible to back this project because I knew that there would be few things I would get anywhere near as much enjoyment out of for the same price. I mean, seriously, a year of all this meaty game development talk, complete with very professionally filmed interviews, and I get to play a sweet game when it's all over, too?

If I could have given more, I would have. Thank you Double Fine and 2 Player Productions for making my day every time I visit these forums. I'm on the edge of my seat whenever there's something new to read or watch and I'm always craving more when it's done.

By the way, about the DVD/Blu-ray content: I know you said nothing was set in stone yet, but is it likely that the Blu-ray discs will have more content even if not everything will fit on a DVD (as in, Blu-ray gets all the Sidequests while DVD gets the best-of)? I know it kinda sucks for those who opted for the DVD option, but I do think it would be nice to get more if the format allows it (hell, I don't even own anything that plays Blu-ray right now, I just wanted to play it safe).

Good job p2p, i love the idea of the side quests and i'm sure many fellow backers agree. looking forward to more. Also due to the theater level being one of my favorite levels designs it was interesting to hear about it's roots. Getting to know double fine, outside of just their current projects is awesome

Very interesting interview. And thanks for making this material available, makes me even happier to have backed this project!

Sign in to follow this