Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Chris Remo

Hello, Double Fine forums!

Greetings, excellent Double Fine forum denizens!

My name is Chris Remo, and I recently joined Double Fine as its community manager, a job I managed to convince Tim is a real thing. (Sucker!)

I'll be serving as the main point of contact between the studio and the community, and hopefully taking some of that responsibility away from Greg so he can get on doing whatever else it is he supposedly does around here. I'll be getting to know you folks better over the coming weeks. We may shuffle things around a bit on the forums but we'll be sure to keep you up to speed and listen to your feedback.

As for me, I've been a big Double Fine fan ever since the studio was founded, so it's great to be part of things officially now (after my brief stint as a QA tester on Psychonauts back in 2004). I played all of Tim's LucasArts games when they were released, and Full Throttle and Grim Fandango are my favorite adventure games ever.

Before landing at Double Fine here in my wonderful city of birth, San Francisco, I was over at Irrational Games in Boston. Before that, I held editor roles at game sites Gamasutra and Shacknews. I also do a weekly video game podcast called Idle Thumbs that recently concluded its own Kickstarter campaign and is preparing for a relaunch.

On that note, one thing I’m looking forward to is getting the Double Fine podcast back up and running. Hopefully that'll be in the near future! Stay tuned!

- Chris

keep us up to date on Iron Brigade if you can cause im about to give up all hope....thx and welcome

Action Shark, Klint, QA Guy...

Ah ha ha ha... good evening, Mr. Remo. Brave souls, these three. All attempted to ban me permanently, and all fell before my raw, ultimate power. Do not underestimate me... I have a proxy in every port, an alternate email address in every alternate email address server-thingy, and most importantly: an overabundance of free time. Bow before me now, and I may stop posting threads about my extensive hentai collection. Ah ha ha ha...

Welcome, Chris! You're already super awesome for working to get the podcast back! I'm really looking forward to it.

And I thought I recognized you! Thanks for helping to organize Molyjam. That was one heck of a weekend. Go bears!

I can't wait to see what you have in store for us Chris.

I'm looking forward to seeing you manage the living bejesus out of this community.

Hey Chris! Glad to see you here! A little surprised, but glad. I remember listening to you tell the Full Throttle T-Shirt story on Idle Thumbs, so it was a little weird to see it written out by Tim.

Also, if anyone here hasn't listened to Idle Thumbs, you probably should. It was the best video game podcast back in the day and, assuming Chris doesn't screw it all up, it will be the best podcast again when it comes back to life.

Glad to see you are already establishing yourself, hot.

Nice to meet you, Chris =P Your story was amusing. Glad to know the last part wasn't true.

i just want to ease him into me... i mean, dealing with me and my wacky harmless antics. perhaps we can avoid the mistakes of previous mods and banned accounts... together.

Oh! Chris Remo is FOR SERIOUS employed at Double Fine now? I thought that Action News post was just Tim trolling! This is cool! Hello, Chris!

Oh! Chris Remo is FOR SERIOUS employed at Double Fine now? I thought that Action News post was just Tim trolling! This is cool! Hello, Chris!

It is for all too serious.

I love you, Chris Remo. One day, I will bear your children, and produce them glistening, and wailing from my loins.

Bit late to the game here, but Chris' work on Idle Thumbs and the Irrational Podcast was pretty amazing. Looking forward to see what happens later down the road with Chris and the Double Fine community

Sign in to follow this