Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kicker_d

forum notifications for DFA or 2 player productions posts?

Hi, I was just wondering if there is anyway to get email notifications for 'new' posts by DFA or 2 player productions in the backer forums, cause that would be awesome.

DF could create a thread where they announce (link to) all new important/interesting threads they create.

Then you could use "Subscribe to this thread" to get notifications.

DF could create a thread where they announce (link to) all new important/interesting threads they create.

They have made a special forum for those posts.

They have made a special forum for those posts.

There is a separate forum, true, but you still get no information if there is anything new unless you check by yourself. I agree it would be useful and probably not so difficult to implement.

By the way - is the subscription to the threads working for you guys? I think mine stopped few days ago...

I was thinking that there was a feature to subscribe to new threads in a forum (many forums have that kind of thing) but I guess I was wrong. Then that would be a useful workaround, yes.

I personally would like to see this feature, especially for the "DFA: From Double Fine and 2 Player Productions" board.

I guess it depends on whether or not ExpressionEngine (which appears to be the backend of this website, according to the source code of the RSS feed) supports this feature or not.

I would greatly prefer it if I got notifications of new announcements in one way or another, rather than needing to check the announcement board regularly.

I would greatly prefer it if I got notifications of new announcements in one way or another, rather than needing to check the announcement board regularly.

+1

Sign in to follow this