Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Oliver

Programming Update #2

One thing I find myself in trouble is that the provided hosts seems to not be really production ready. I know a professional will probably write a host in 2 hours but for someone interested more in making games and not programming a host is a bit of a wall.

Obviously you guys are going to have your own hosts for the various platforms of Broken Age and I was wondering if there's any plan to release them to the community

Yeah we did do quite a lot of work to the individual hosts. Most of the work will be hard to contribute back unfortunately, because we adjusted it to work with our build infrastructure.

Having said that we are contributing changes to the run-time back to Zipline, so you guys can benefit from some of the work we already done to improve Moai. :-)

Would it be possible to make such a game on Unity 3D, which on of both is harder to learn when considering 2d adventure game, Moai or Unity?

Regards.

Would it be possible to make such a game on Unity 3D, which on of both is harder to learn when considering 2d adventure game, Moai or Unity?

Regards.

There's a kickstarter campaign for a game called The Realm at the moment which is being done in Unity and has some similarities. That's using fully 3D character models though.

Sign in to follow this