DF Chris Remo

The Self-Promotion Thread! Plug Your Creative Work Here!

Here's another new comic because we know you can't get enough...

11150243_676042075858557_2589817272354123510_n.jpg

11150243_676042075858557_258981727235412

New Comic! Special Double Fine Adventure Poster Cameo Edition!

11188408_683702018425896_5809440851994711959_n.jpg

11164727_683702035092561_8672618031712234362_n.jpg

11188408_683702018425896_580944085199471

11164727_683702035092561_867261803171223

I had to cancel the Mr. Mac's Rainbow Greenhouse Kickstarter that was going to make a children's show and game in memory of my dad because my sister's fiance died in a car crash as the campaign was going on.

The Femicom Museum had a Game Jam to make a game in the spirit of the storybook games by Theresa Duncan, so I decided to bring the Mr. Mac's Rainbow Greenhouse spirit into my entry in that game jam.

Joy is a storybook game following a transgender girl named Jamie, for Windows.

Update: It now is available both as a Windows EXE and a Flash SWF, so it can now be played in a browser, and I've set it to play directly in the game page here.

joy.png

map.png

joy.png.b8168f08b725deae5adebd167c7f8c4d

map.png.b56cb2a945b72dbbee65723f583ca14b

The protagonist - like no other, knows how to win and knows the taste of victory.

————————————————

If you like it, you can support my project on Steam Greenlight. Thanks.

winner_boss_eng2.png

After a one week hiatus, Domesticated Abuse is back with a new comic!

11209584_687781838017914_4501814432355071553_n.jpg

11209584_687781838017914_450181443235507

I did a silly video reviewing a bunch of Ashens-themed stuff in a style very similar to what Ashens does (but not as good):

ZZlcMilwyGo

I made a (fake) game for one of my uni classes, and recorded a (fake) Let's Play for it!

zn-qQulMEaE

My reactions were half scripted, half improvised. My friend's is all genuine.

Hey, I'm doing a video game review. For the third time.

AND THE LAST TIME.

It's not finished, but here's how it looks at the moment. Bear in mind it's missing a LOT of the visuals, but it's got all the audio done and those 'classic' cutscenes, so it's technically watchable. Sort of.

UhITMDJ7Ajg

And yes, I'll move the camera back a bit for future videos.

I'm confused. Is this a reboot, given its numbered as one?

Yeah, it's a reboot that I'm not out-and-out saying is a reboot because that's kind of a dirty word these days.

I went and watched my original reviews a couple weeks back and... they needed re-doing. Most of my reviews do actually - there were a lot of problems with most of them, whether from an editing standpoint or a reviewing one. On top of that, my opinions have altered slightly over time - I no longer think Punisher: War Zone is the worst film ever, for example, nor do I really hate the Librarian films that much - so I could either do follow-up videos or just redo them.

On top of that, I haven't done these things in ages, so just picking up where I left off didn't quite feel right.

Commentary for a particularly awful episode of the terrible TV series, Monsters...

8VIFCNkAWwE

I think that I did a fairly decent commentary for the GamesMaster episode (see previous post) but this one was a lot tougher to record. You'd think that doing a commentary for something that's garbage would allow for lots of points of discussion. Apparently not... it's just boring to sit through and difficult to come up with stuff to say!

So when do we get to see the return of the Cockney movie exec?

To be honest, I'm slightly embarrassed by the 'Cockney Movie Exec' character. Having said that, if even just a single person would like to see him return, then I'm game. If nothing else, I'm a terrible whore!

I like making edits. I've shared various wallpapers of The Legend of Korra, Doctor Who and Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell and other stuff that I've made here on my deviantart. Currently working on a tricky edit of the Raz Steam wallpaper. It's a great artwork and I haven't seen it in HD anywhere else. Here you can see the before and after as it currently stands:

tumblr_nr5463zFso1t0uv63o1_r1_400.pngtumblr_nr5463zFso1t0uv63o2_r2_400.png

And finally, if you are a Doctor Who fan, you'll probably appreciate this spoof of the Facebook Lookback videos. It's pretty amazing, if I say so myself:

bFFwdnNuhos

To be honest, I'm slightly embarrassed by the 'Cockney Movie Exec' character. Having said that, if even just a single person would like to see him return, then I'm game. If nothing else, I'm a terrible whore!

That single person is me. It would be even better if you rip on Joss Whedon and the Ghostbusters reboot.

So when do we get to see a return of
How had I not seen that before? Thank you for introducing me to the greatest thing ever.

That single person is me. It would be even better if you rip on Joss Whedon and the Ghostbusters reboot.

Okay, leave it with me, I'll see what I can do. I must say that the Ghostbusters reboot is a pretty good idea for the Cockney treatment.

So when do we get to see a return of

Ah, the Zillamites! I had my flat fumigated, which I had hoped would be the end of it. However, rather worryingly, just last week I discovered what I believe to be a stash of Zillamite eggs shoved behind the fridge. I can only hope that it's just an accumulation of general scum. Zillamites are tough little S.O.B.s - I don't fancy another weekend of taking them on with a chainsaw.

Did this yesterday, but completely forgot to post it here. Oops!

fd9oqZ27M7M

Oh, and if you're in Belgium or the Netherlands... sorry. :(

Since people actually seem to like my stuff (well two that I know of - but woo - that's twice as many as I had when I first started sharing stuff in the internet in 1996!) I thought I'd make an update on my projects.

I finally updated the Jenni comic (more than a year after the last strip, sorry about that :/) in celebration of the US Independence Day (using photographs I took of fireworks my friend set off at his house in the boondocks a few years ago).

jenni_comic_43__returning_with_a_bang_by_jennibee-d903e94.png

One of the main reasons why it takes me so long to make new comics is because I have to either write the text for the comic and scan it in, or copy and paste each letter I want to use. I found a site that lets you make true type fonts from your handwriting, so now I have that issue handled, so I should be able to make comics quicker now. I liked how the font turned out a lot, so I thought I'd share it.

jenni_true_type_font_by_jennibee-d908wve.png

I finallly talked with Sandy Maguire, the creator of the adventure engine for Moai, and he gave me a good suggestion to try to get Doug's Moai Adventure to work for everyone. Right now you have to install the entire Moai toolkit to your computer, including setting up environment paths in order to play the game, which is a right pain in the tuchus. He suggested that I compile Metalua right into Moai, as Metalua is the library that's causing everyone headaches when they try to play the game. I'm going to spend some time on my adventure games when I head to Cape Cod this weekend (I'll be there for a week), so hopefully I'll be able to come back and post that everyone can now play the game after that.

Right Said Brett, I'll try to get your Merlin audio into there too once I get everything recompiled. Anyone else feel like having a go at doing some voice recording for the game? Doug the Ogre and Marvin the groundskeeper are still up for grabs. If anyone wants to do the voice for either one of these people (Doug has the most lines as he's the protagonist, although it's just a two room adventure so there's not too many), just let me know. :)

And, Noname215, I know how much you're looking forward to the DFAF adventure game, so I'll try to get some work done on that this weekend (and throughout next week while I'm on holiday) as well.

One of the main reasons why it takes me so long to make new comics is because I have to either write the text for the comic and scan it in, or copy and paste each letter I want to use. I found a site that lets you make true type fonts from your handwriting, so now I have that issue handled, so I should be able to make comics quicker now. I liked how the font turned out a lot, so I thought I'd share it.

jenni_true_type_font_by_jennibee-d908wve.png

That's a lovely font. I've saved it to my computer and am sure to find a use for it sooner or later. Thanks, Jenni.

Right Said Brett, I'll try to get your Merlin audio into there too once I get everything recompiled.

That would be great! :D

Self-centered CEO trying to save his company from bankruptcy forced to rescuing whole town from impending disaster.

Funny, old school cartoon point and click adventure in the style of "Lucas Arts" and In the tradition of "The day of tentacle". Inspired by games like "Sam and max hit the road" and "Secret of the monkey island".

Greenlight. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=393825421