• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
DF Chris Remo

The Self-Promotion Thread! Plug Your Creative Work Here!

Fables Court - The Wolf Among Us Night Court Mashup

I decided to get back into video editing, and thought of a fun idea. Both The Wolf Among Us and Night Court involve trials held in the 1980's, so I thought it'd be fun to mash them up. :)

The original, for comparison:

Once comes the dawn

Burning, dancing

Over many island shore

And thirty able sailors

Set out 'fore light

Set out for sea once more

My love, she ran to the shores

Of the bonny Galway Bay

Feet bathed in sand and brine

She cried, from hence I'll stay

Until my love comes sailing again

To the shores of Galway Bay

The Albatross

To sea she was lost

In the cry of the maelstrom

Thirty men lost

All the cost

To the brine the ship was gone

My love she stands

Her heart, it dies

And all these days she's stayed

She cries, from hence I'll stay

Until my love comes sailing again

To the shores of Galway Bay

Oh hey look, here's why I haven't done any videos in a while - I was replaying and writing reviews for THIS:

C78Dg4YxXOE

(They're surprisingly big games)

Uh, yeah, still doing these - just forgetting to post them here. Because I'm like that.

Anyway, let's get you all up to date:

krexAsoPLGA

XN5rb09yPvI

n8hUAxu86og

edahjEP_6T0

Must remember to post these here. How else will you lot know I'm doing them?

I released a new game today. It's an open source example project made using the Godot Engine.

It's a sort of drifting/race-against-the-clock game where the player must fly a helicopter around a race track/obstacle course as fast as they can while maintaining control in an inertia dominated environment.

Builds for Linux, Mac and Windows are up here on Itch.io and the source code and assets are over here on GitHub.

title_small.png

screen1_small.png

screen2_small.png

screen3_small.png

I recorded an unboxing video of the physical IndieBox version of Assault Android Cactus recently.

UUNVSgVtoaY

Ah, new page! Phew. Too many YouTube videos loading on the last one.

tyCHYlw9t5c

Hey, I might actually finish these before the movie comes out! (Touch wood)

4rYcp0M7exQ

Would have shared this last night, but I decided to get drunk and watch YouTube videos instead.

No regrets.

KmPWyZFLWic

Not finished processing yet, but I gotta get to work now, so have a link that won't work for about half an hour!

pZHQXWF71-s

Next video might take a while - I gotta record the lines about a dozen times in an effort to get the best quality I can, and I've also gotta find decent quality page scans, hint hint.

I sold my first screenplay to some indie guys starting up their own company. It's a comedy about Bronies in a cross country race called The Fast And The Furryous

My friends and I are going to be on twitch playing battlefield 4 if anyone wants to watch.

My friends and I are going to be on twitch playing battlefield 4 if anyone wants to watch.
where doing another stream right now.

My final commentary for GamesMaster (the gore special) is online...

BogRsqIgupU

...it's funny; on this final commentary I'd pretty much given up the ghost in terms of making an effort. At the time of the recording, I felt that it was a complete and utter shambles. However, in the edit, I came to realise that it's probably my most engaging commentary yet. Bizarre! Perhaps it's something to do with being more affable when not giving two flying figs!

I would be interested to hear others thoughts. Be a dear and let us know, why don't you?

I just learned that my new computer can overdub when recording guitar bits! THIS IS GREAT NEWS! My last computer wasn't capable.

When I figured out I could overdub, the first thing I did was write a song to test it out. It's very short, but I kinda like it. =D

ENJOY! (OR DON'T!)

A table reading was held today for my comedy script about Bronies.

I can't believe the dildo javelin joke worked, oh my God.

This is a complete rerecording of an old Dwelling of Duels remix track I entered for Free Month Dec 2007. It's a much more polished rendition and also comes with a loopable version with metadata loop tags for EDuke32 if you want to use it in-game. Since the bonus screen theme was also featured (it replaced the DN2 theme from the original recording) I added that as a loopable track for use with EDuke32 as well. This was originally a commission for a replacement title theme for Voidpoint's EDuke32 Android port which was unfortunately cancelled. But I worked very hard on it and it represents some of my best playing and mixing work to date. I'm just happy I get to share it at last! I hope you enjoy it! :)

The represented themes in order of appearance:

Medley List:

00:00 - Duke Nukem 3D (PC)

00:56 - Megadeth/Gigadeth variation

01:56 - Lee Jackson's Extended Grabbag - Guitar/Keyboard solo section (from Atomic CD)

02:19 - DNF 2007 Teaser theme

02:36 - Duke Nukem: Zero Hour

03:25 - Duke3D Bonus Theme

03:42 - Short Duke Nukem II Excerpt

03:47 - Lee Jackson's Extended Grabbag (from Atomic CD)

03:58 - My guitar solo and variation of Grabbag

Downloads:

Legacy of Grabbag - MP3, OGG, FLAC

Legacy of Grabbag (loopable) OGG, FLAC

Bonus Theme (loopable) OGG, FLAC, MP3 (not loopable)

Song Artwork (hi-res) - JPEG, PNG

Streaming:

On SoundCloud

Original Dwelling of Duels competition page - Free Month Dec 2007 (11th place)

(direct link)

Edited by MusicallyInspired

Been trying my hand at sprite art. First time from scratch. This is my interpretation (so far) of Grand Admiral Thrawn.

thrawn01.pngthrawn03.pngthrawn04.pngthrawn05.png

thrawn06.pngthrawn07.jpgthrawn09.png