• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
DF Chris Remo

The Self-Promotion Thread! Plug Your Creative Work Here!

Heya guys,

Just noticed my friend Jesse has recently posted his short film “The Killer Kiwi” on YouTube. Which is set in 1970’s Auckland, where Nathan is apprehended at the airport for questioning. I thought it was great short film and figured I would do a shameless little plug to help get him some more views on his channel. Check out his other stuff on his channel as well.

If you like what you see he does have at Wordpress page at http://www.jesseboyle.com/

Feel free to share it around to spread the word, I’m sure he would love that :D

Anyways, thanks and hope you enjoy it.

- sorry i’d link the video in there but it doesn’t seem to work…

Yesterday as a test I made a game in Twine. It can take as long as a second to complete if you make the "right" choice. It's not very long overall, or very good, but I made it and I'm happy that it works so here it is.

EDIT: Fix'd!

It's a game from a friend of mine. I think It's really good! He spend his own money and a lot of time, energy and enthusiasm into development. It's available in english and german. So please check it out:

http://www.splattergame.net/

It's only 12$ and I bought it myself. It's worth it and I enjoyed playing it!

Not sure if this is the right place for this or not, but I recently started a small blog for the purposes of discussing games, gaming, crowdfunding and so-on.

Only a couple of posts on there at the minute, but I intend to put something up on a regular schedule, every Wednesday and Sunday. It's called Metagame Missives, and if anyone takes a moment to check it out, you have my thanks in advance =)

http://metagamemissives.blogspot.co.uk/

EDIT: As an update to this post, I've not started a Facebook page for the blog too, at http://www.facebook.com/MetagameMissives.

If anyone would be so kind as to like or share it with anyone else that may have an interest in the page, I'd be hugely greatful, thanks! =)

I'm not sure if people are still posting here, but...

I'm part of a three person indie team working on a game called Eyes Open. It's a top-down horror/stealth game about avoiding monsters. The trick is that to avoid insanity, you'll have to occasionally close your eyes and navigate levels blindly.

We're very early in development, but we plan to document our entire development process, from what our design philosophies are for each mechanic in the game to what strategies we're using for Kickstarter.

Our Kickstarter page

Our website

It's also quite late to be posting something about this in specific, but I will be livestreaming some art in just under a half hour, from 8:00-12:00 EST, so if you're curious, drop by and I'd love to answer any questions or chat.

link here

eyesopennx2.png

eyesopennx2.png.5fb5a658bb509d36e7c330bb

Okay, so I have no idea what's going on.

I'm going to go out on a limb, but I think this is more of a video than a game, which is cool but it kind of threw me for a loop - I spent around 15 seconds trying to figure out how to control the camera. It looks like a fair amount of time was put into it, and I get that it's about Phil Fish, but I'm not 100 percent sure what exactly is being said. I don't know if this is a criticism, or a commentary, or just meant to be random?

zBu.png

WIP background from a Lucasarts type adventure game for a couple of years now. Yaaaay.

zBu.png

WIP background from a Lucasarts type adventure game for a couple of years now. Yaaaay.

It looks wonderful Fawful!

I'm looking forward to it (and all of it's awesome classic adventure style). I can't wait for it to be released. :)

I will do something that will shock the world and change the face of Video Games forever.

hmmm, video game's face seems unchanged. oh well.

Check my sig.

Seriously, would LOVE some feedback on the EWJ3D one. I know it's not done, but the more advice I can get the better.

zBu.png

It looks wonderful Fawful!

Yes, it looks awesome! How far along are you with it? Are you working on it alone?

And I'm excited about playing it, knowing that you're no fan of the watered down adventure game experience that's so popular today.

I'm not as far along with it as I want to be, and I've yet again found out I won't have it done this year. But I'm working on it alone, outside of music, and I'm bad or at least slow at puzzle design and programming so....I do what I can.

I promote myself to Admiral.

And with that done, might I say, what a fantastic background Fawful. How many horrible dismembered horrors should we expect to encounter in this area?

Just Dashing's favorite kind of horror. The human kind. [/url]

I'm leaning more towards biomechanicanical body horror at the moment. By the way, wanna join my Numenera game I'll run sometime in the future? :)

Just Dashing's favorite kind of horror. The human kind. [/url]

I'm leaning more towards biomechanicanical body horror ATM. By the way, wanna join my Numenera game I'll run sometime in the future? :)

I'll have body horror, but not biomechanical body horror. I'm going to take a nap, but you need to tell me where you've been getting your horror fix for that stuff soon. And yes, I would love that, although I do not have a corebook.

I'll watch it again tomorrow. Hope you cut out the repeated part from the bare bones demo.
The what?

Nice one. It looks like it sort of had the potential to be a pretty cool 3D platformer, but watching your video doesn't exactly make me want to play it. It also only has a 3/5 stars average on GOG, and people there are usually very generous.

It also only has a 3/5 stars average on GOG, and people there are usually very generous.
Yeah, they are pretty damn generous, aren't they? I even saw Simon 3D getting somewhat positive reviews... ugh.