DF Chris Remo

The Self-Promotion Thread! Plug Your Creative Work Here!

I've really gotten back into writing recently and thought I'd share some of what I wrote.

Watching

I seem to spend most nights

Just sitting there watching

As people past by on the street

Watching as they make their

Way through the world to their

Next destination in time

Some move fast and others are

Slow but all move with their own

Style and grace of place the world

I like just sitting and watching

And waiting for the one who makes

Sitting and watching simply worthwhile

The bus stops are sights wonderful

To behold as to watch people having

To wait while watching themselves

Is just something so decidedly

Delightful and wickedly wonderful

and simply sublime and beautiful

Of course you are so beautiful and

Are beyond all desire because simple

Desire is not enough to deserve you

So by chance when I spy you sat

There by the corner over the road

I just sit here and wait and watch

Here it is... DoubleFine's next game!

"A mysterious hacker named "DevX" hijacks your computer with the intention of using it as a remote test bed for his experimental operating system. After unwillingly having your hard drive wiped you become an involuntary beta tester for ShiftOS."

biFp9qh.jpg

Nah just joking... I don't work for doublefine but If they offered me a job paying daily I would work on this game and allow them full rights to releasing it and taking the profit. Too bad that won't happen :(

Here's more info if you are interested:

12padams.wix.com/shiftos

That looks pretty neat. Is it possible to run on Linux with Mono?

Apparently someone tried mono and it didn't work but then after trying wine it worked for some reason... so yes, this game runs on Linux (Specifically tested with arch Linux).

Here is the first teaser video of my point and click adventure game 'Paradigm'

Check out www.paradigmadventure.com for more info.

Hello friends!

We just released our first game, Cale Quest, a point-and-click adventure about a hungry man's quest to make the finest sandwich in all the land. Drawing inspiration from the great Lucas Arts and Sierra adventure games of the 80s and 90s, Cale Quest includes mind-bending puzzles and exciting mini-games.

Download Cale Quest for PC or MAC and visit us at amuzoarts.com

You can also reach us at contact@amuzoarts.com

banner_01.png

I just died because I tried to pick up a hat from the lost and found at the museum (pro-tip - don't do that).

Funny, sure, but I hadn't saved. And I didn't feel like restarting the entire game.

This was hardly conducive to good gameplay.

Darth Marsden--

Sorry to hear that, but thanks for trying the game!

Umm, are competition entries something we can promote here? The ones were winner is decided poll type ones? I took part in "create a playable faction for this 4x game we are developing" type of competition...

I think that it's probably ok as long as it doesn't get excessive.

Okay then... I just post link to my entry and the poll so if people like it then they can support it.

The game in question is Endless Legend which is basically fantasy spin off of the Endless Space. So its basically Master of Magic to Master of Orion.

Link to entry: http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/showthread.php?27905-Faction-Creation-Competition&p=177324&viewfull=1#post177324

Link to poll: http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/showthread.php?28733-Poll-Faction-Creation-Competition-Quest-1-the-Biography

Was this post okay in term of "excessiveness"?

And again. It's almost like I'm on a mission or something.

bpKD_8UyNDw

This one... this one HURT.

(It's still processing at the moment, so give it a couple of minutes. I'm only posting this now so I can go to bed)

I did a small piece of fan art of one of my favourite games in my favourite style!

Bioshock as an isometric 2D game. :D

GZioXy3.jpg

Is it bad that I now think Bioshock should have been an isometric 2D game?

Tried something a little different. Let me know what you think!

j7UIPtjrKQA

And yes, I know the audio's a little dodgy. I'm working on it.

Tried something a little different. Let me know what you think!

j7UIPtjrKQA

And yes, I know the audio's a little dodgy. I'm working on it.

It was odd. It still had the same charm that your other videos have, but it felt like it was missing something. Like sometimes when you were talking about things, i wanted to really see them. I know that defeats the point of what you were going with, but I felt myself craving to see the occaisional screenshot or something.

Hey Marsden, did you get that vampire game I mentioned a while back?

Hey Marsden, did you get that vampire game I mentioned a while back?
Vampire game?

Ah, that one. Don't worry - it's on the list.

@Friar: Yeah, I know what you mean. Originally I was going to try and synch it up to someone's Let's Play footage, but I was also curious to see if it worked on its own. Might try it later on, see if it works any better.

Hey, anyone wanna see what my videos look like when they're only half finished?

Usually they tend to go a little bit like this:

xpQ7tiAYIuU

See, what I do first is put together all of my audio, along with any clips from the film or external stuff, so I can get an idea of how the review flows, what mistakes I need to correct with on-screen text (Incredible Hulk RETURNS? No idea why I added that) and see if anything needs altering and such.

Once I've done that, then I go back and add in the clips from the movie a background filler while I'm talking. It tends to be the easiest part of the editing process, so I view it as a sort of reward for putting up with the rest of the editing. You can see where I stopped adding in these clips around the 7½ minute mark, because there'll be bunches of the video that just have a black screen. That's what Sony Vegas defaults to when you've not told it to show anything else, in case you didn't know.

The reason I've actually uploaded this version of the video is to see whether it'll get hit with a "third party content found" claim. There's one or two clips in here that I'm a little concerned about, and I just wanted to try and see if I need to replace, say, the end credit music.

But then I thought, "well, maybe people'll be curious to see it", so here we are.

Feedback'd be appreciated, but bear in mind you've only got a couple of hours before I actually finish the thing, so if you've got any thoughts, now'd be a good time to throw 'em out!