Double Fine Action Forums
DF Chris Remo

The Self-Promotion Thread! Plug Your Creative Work Here!

Well, I put my heart and soul into this project (not to mention hundreds upon hundreds of hours over a period of six months), but it looks like it may just not have broad appeal. There's 9 days left, and only 17% of my somewhat modest goal of $10,000 has been raised.

Nevertheless! Take a look. The game features high quality animations, 2.5D hand drawn backgrounds, diverse gameplay including dialogue trees, and a very unique sense of humor.

Check out the Kickstarter at KickJoe.com

Thanks!

This is going to be a long post, because I'm very excited about the idea of this game actually getting made.

Project Awakened. When Midway went bankrupt a few years ago one of their teams was developing an open world superhero game called Hero that let you fully customize your hero. Choosing their powers, outfit, appearance, everything! When Midway's properties got auctioned off, no one showed any interest. The team working on it formed a new studio called Phosphor Games and started work on a new version of the idea titled Project Awakened. I found some trailers for the games last year, and they blew my mind. I then started tracking down any info I could find about the game. I was shocked to discover that no publishers had picked it up. How could they not see how much money they could make from it? Its like every superhero fans dream! Hopefully the Kickstarter gets funded, so we can play this freaking amazing looking game.

Trailer for Hero

Trailer for Project Awakened

Interview with Phosphur Games

I think anyone who has even the slightest interest in superheroes could see why this is a project to keep your eyes on (and help fund).

Promoting another Kickstarter here for anyone who enjoys storytelling and adventure games. Dreamfall Chapters is a sequel to Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, which follows the story of a young woman that works to uncover a conspiracy shifting between two parallel worlds; a futuristic Earth, and the fantasy setting of Arcadia. The story has a diverse cast of characters, unique environments, humor as well as dark themes, and a real heart to its narrative; sadly the last game was set up for a sequel that fans weren't sure would come, so respect to the team for taking a risk on an another adventure game like this.

1f47da1eaf3375a29b286d90365c36db_large.jpg?1359985729

There are some spoilers in the actual Kickstarter promotional, but for those interested, the two earlier games are available on Steam.

Trailer for the last game:

Project Awakened. When Midway went bankrupt a few years ago one of their teams was developing an open world superhero game called Hero that let you fully customize your hero.

I'm not sure how interested I'd be in the multiplayer aspects, but the power variety certainly looks intriguing.

Project Awakened. When Midway went bankrupt a few years ago one of their teams was developing an open world superhero game called Hero that let you fully customize your hero.

I'm not sure how interested I'd be in the multiplayer aspects, but the power variety certainly looks intriguing.

Its single player focused. I believe the multiplayer is a stretch goal. The really interesting part is that they're going to release mod tools as well.

blah blah blah Dreamfall Chapters blah blah Kickstarter blah blah
The Dreamfall Kickstarter just passed the 1 Million dollar mark. With 14 days to go, any bets on whether this will take the Oculus Rift's spot on Kickstarter's top ten funded?

Also noticed the animated web series Doraleous and Associates was trying to pick back up as well.

If you like dry and/or fantasy based humor, give it a look.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1587328364/doraleous-and-associates

The series started out slow, but once it picked up it took me back to my Monty Python days.

The Dreamfall Kickstarter just passed the 1 Million dollar mark. With 14 days to go, any bets on whether this will take the Oculus Rift's spot on Kickstarter's top ten funded?

I think reaching 2 million would really be pushing it at this point. Right now, I'd be happy if we could hit the 1,250,000 stretch goal.

My dA.

Warning: Some stuff slightly NSFW, but not to a crazy extent. I also post TF2, Portal, Half-Life, Pokemon, MLP, and Metalocalypse fanart there.

My dA.

Warning: Some stuff slightly NSFW, but not to a crazy extent. I also post TF2, Portal, Half-Life, Pokemon, MLP, and Metalocalypse fanart there.

I like this one a lot: http://bmlulu.deviantart.com/art/Nikki-The-Pooh-WIP-134744968

Oh and your nsfw stuff is the as sfw as it can possibly be.

I still like that one a lot, too.

I was worried about the one where Sasha was thinking about Milla being the only questionably NSFW one (although it's no more NSFW than the game itself, as it's a direct reference to another scene in the game), but I'm relieved that it's okay.

yeah i'm kind of disappointed with your nsfw art. you tagged a shirtless male engineer as nudity? come on, that doesn't even count. this art needs to be at least, like, 5 times saucier.

Ehn, you're right, maybe I am being overly cautious. If I do draw anything saucy, it's only going on Tumblr, though.

All mechanical, it's weight driven, no batteries needed, but it needs to be winded up again, which is rather simple.

Here is another one in "action":

Screenshot.png

So, guys. I'm pretty sure that, whenever you played Phoenix Wright, you thought to yourself "Man, this game would be so much better if it was about moral philosophy instead of high-stake courtroom arguments." You may not have realized you were thinking this to yourself, but it was lurking in the back of your mind.

Well, I have come to make all your dreams come true. I'm currently looking for play-testers for Socrates Jones: Pro Philosopher, so that we can make it as awesome as it could possibly be before we unleash it on what is sure to be a starved market. After all, no one is filling that philosophy game nitch. The demand must be huge, right? Right?

ANYWAY.

If you are interested, the prototype build of the game can be played here.

If you could play through it, and PM me any feedback you have, you would basically be the best person ever.

Things we would love to know:

- What is your overall feeling towards the game?

- Do the mechanics make sense?

- Where did you really get into it?

- Where did you get stuck/confused?

- Is there any place you made a move you thought would present a specific argument and it didn't?

- Are the characters likable/Did you enjoy the story?

- What are your favorite moments? Any lines you enjoyed?

Also, I'll probably drop by chat in a bit =P It's been a while. I JUST HOPE IT ISN'T EMPTY LIKE LAST TIME I DROPPED BY.

Looks cool! :)

Have i ever shown you guys the box i've made? I do have some work in progress pictures.

fdl-box-1.jpg

I produced much art from indiegogo funding. I'll be going down to Pax prime to share it on the streets. In the next year I will be leaving my house and (probably) becoming homeless as I finish school, and continue making games until I stop living and die.

http://coltonphillips.bandcamp.com/

“It’s like a really special mix tape?” - Lee Gauthier

Maniac Mansion captures a piece of my life’s work in the Maniac Mansion with Lee Gauthier as an auditory projection of the moments of play my friends and I have engaged in. The album is meant to satiate funders of the Colton Phillips’ Humble Indie Fund.

Subtext:

The Maniac Mansion is the house on 2724 Cadboro Bay Road in Victoria B.C.

The album is about addiction, the death of a game, and an idea in my head.

There is a listener guide where I have jotted a mindmap of some of the themes. There is also bonus content: Cartoons I have drawn during the latter days in the Maniac Mansion.

I’ll be at PAX Prime giving away my art outside the Warshington Memorial Center. I think that’s what it’s called.

Hello all,

This isn't really SELF promotion so much as associate promotion, but Schell Games just started this pretty cool thing called GameSprout. Basically, it's a site where you collaborate with people in the industry and other casual users in order to brainstorm and prototype, and maybe eventually make, YOUR game ideas. You all should check it out!

Here is the main site!

Some of the highest voted games so far can be found here!

Also, because I suppose I should plant something a little closer to self promotion...

Check out (and maybe vote) for this idea, submitted by a friend based off an old idea we collaborated on.

(If you guys all signed up you would have a somewhat significant voting block right now, so consider it. But don't go too crazy with power...)